Sep 6, 2018
India
Category........
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-09-2019
For a TRV spouses can apply together.
Do you mean as a single group member ?
The visa fee I see is 100 each for both parents + CAD 170 for family Biometric. Is that what it should be ?

imdsumit

Star Member
Sep 6, 2018
India
Category........
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-09-2019
Believe so haven’t reviewed prices recently.
I was making the payment but the session expired and the transaction was cancelled.
Now, on the home screen I see the Visa application listed but with pending status and no option to make payment.
How can I make payment now ?

imdsumit

Star Member
Sep 6, 2018
India
Category........
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-09-2019
I was making the payment but the session expired and the transaction was cancelled.
Now, on the home screen I see the Visa application listed but with pending status and no option to make payment.
How can I make payment now ?
The 'Continue' links on list got enabled again after 3-4 hours. I was able to submit the application and the payment successfully.

imdsumit

Star Member
Sep 6, 2018
India
Category........
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-09-2019
@canuck78 I finally submitted the application yesterday!
Thanks for your help.
We have received the Biometric Instruction Letter today, but the time frame for biometric is only 30 days.
My parents had booked the Biometric date in advance few weeks back, but the latest date they got was 12th August. Is this 30 days limit still valid with these covid delays in India ?

Here is the message from letter:

You must visit a biometric collection service point to have your fingerprints scanned and
photograph taken on or before August 09, 2021.
If you do not comply, your application may be refused. If your application is refused, you will have to submit a new application and pay the
applicable fees.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for your help.
We have received the Biometric Instruction Letter today, but the time frame for biometric is only 30 days.
My parents had booked the Biometric date in advance few weeks back, but the latest date they got was 12th August. Is this 30 days limit still valid with these covid delays in India ?

You must visit a biometric collection service point to have your fingerprints scanned and
If you do not comply, your application may be refused. If your application is refused, you will have to submit a new application and pay the
applicable fees.
Wouldn’t worry about it. They are aware of the waitlist for booking biometric appointments in India. What you received is just a standard reply. Even before waitlist due to the pandemic there wasn’t an issue if you missed the deadline by a short amount of time.

Reactions: imdsumit

varinder1717

Apr 18, 2015
Thanks for your help.

applicable fees.
Hey sorry to bother you but is it possible to share a copy of your Letter of invitation as I am pregnant and want to call my mother here but need to write a letter of invitation and very much confused what to write. Thank you

imdsumit

Star Member
Sep 6, 2018
India
Category........
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-09-2019
Hey sorry to bother you but is it possible to share a copy of your Letter of invitation as I am pregnant and want to call my mother here but need to write a letter of invitation and very much confused what to write. Thank you
Here is the letter I prepared and submitted. Its pretty basic and might not be best. Just use for reference, I prepared what I can in hurry.

The Canadian Embassy

Immigration Section

Dear Visa Officer,

Re: Letter of invitation for parents’ visitor visa.

I [name], and my husband [name] are writing this letter to invite my parents to Canada on a visitor visa. Their details are as below:

Name: Father’s name
DOB: …
Address: …,
Phone: ..
Relation: Father of [name]
Name: Mother’s name
Address: ...
Phone: ..
Relation: Mother of []

Purpose of the trip:

The purpose of the trip is to be with us during the birth of our first child and their grandchild (due date….). This trip would allow us to be with each other during this most precious time of our lives and would provide us much needed strength and support when our parents are with us.

Duration and itinerary of stay:

Arrival: [date], Departure by [date]

They will be staying in the Canadian government approved quarantine hotel as per the regulations at the time of arrival. After completing the mandatory quarantine period and required tests they will be staying at our home: [address].

They have sufficient funds in their bank accounts to pay for all trip expenses like the stay at quarantine hotel, food, flights, and local transport. Additionally, by signing this letter we both promise our full financial support for their entire stay in Canada.

Sincerely,

[name] (Permanent Resident)
Phone: …
Address: …
Job Title: …
Company: …
Number of people in the household: 2
[Husband’s name] (Permanent Resident)
Phone: …
Address: …
Job Title: …
Company: …

D.benson

Jun 5, 2020
Hi All
Does a traveller (with a visa and PHAC approval) still need an additional IRCC travel authorization to travel to Canada?

Thanks All!