imdsumit

Star Member
Sep 6, 2018
India
Category........
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-09-2019
I am applying for my parents' visitor visa for compassionate reasons and I have the PHAC approval for one time entry into canada.
I have completed most of the application and have some questions about the documents to upload:
- In which section should I upload the PHAC approval letter and Letter of required support signed by Health care professional ?
- What to upload in Marriage Certificate section if the parent don't have a marriage certificate ? (They have spouse names in passport and Aadhar card)
- Should I mention exact reason in Letter of Invitation as mentioned in the Letter of required support by doctor ?
- How to show their strong ties to home country like Home they own and their elder son living their ? (does it need to be mentioned in a letter and signed and uploaded OR do we need to upload any kind of document proofs)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am applying for my parents' visitor visa for compassionate reasons and I have the PHAC approval for one time entry into canada.
I have completed most of the application and have some questions about the documents to upload:
- In which section should I upload the PHAC approval letter and Letter of required support signed by Health care professional ?
- What to upload in Marriage Certificate section if the parent don't have a marriage certificate ? (They have spouse names in passport and Aadhar card)
- Should I mention exact reason in Letter of Invitation as mentioned in the Letter of required support by doctor ?
- How to show their strong ties to home country like Home they own and their elder son living their ? (does it need to be mentioned in a letter and signed and uploaded OR do we need to upload any kind of document proofs)
Partially depends on what is required based on your PHAC approval letter.

imdsumit

Star Member
Sep 6, 2018
India
Category........
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-09-2019
Partially depends on what is required based on your PHAC approval letter.
@canuck78
PHAC approval is to provide support and care to my wife who is pregnant and due in September.

Can you please advise me on what to show as proof for property they have back in India ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
@canuck78
PHAC approval is to provide support and care to my wife who is pregnant and due in September.

Can you please advise me on what to show as proof for property they have back in India ?
So you essentially need to apply for a normal TRV. Each PHAC letter has different instructions, normal pregnancy has never really been considered PHAC so IRCC has come up with a combo TRV and PHAC. They’ll need to do their biometrics. For property things like a deed, property evaluation, etc.

varinder1717

Apr 18, 2015
Hi can you send me a screenshot of what you mentioned in the letter of invitation for pregnancy?
I am pregnant and calling my mom for the same so need some advice

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi can you send me a screenshot of what you mentioned in the letter of invitation for pregnancy?
I am pregnant and calling my mom for the same so need some advice
There is actually no need to apply for PHAC for normal pregnancy and some doctors refuse to fill out the documents. Someone started doing this during covid and started this trend. It is actually better to apply for a TRV which is more likely to be multiple entry, not have entry date requirements, etc.

imdsumit

Star Member
Sep 6, 2018
India
Category........
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-09-2019
@varinder1717 I am also looking for the invitation letter format. I will prepare the letter by today but not sure about the format. For the purpose of travel I would add both support and to attend/Celebrate birth of the child. I would be adding help/support because I have got the PHAC approval under same category with the recommendation of doctor for my wife's high risk pregnancy.

@canuck78 Can you please share a link to any sample letter, I tried searching on this forum but didn't find any. I want to know things like whom to address the letter to and whether the invitation should be from me only or should be from both of us as a couple, also is there a date /subject/ other formal things to be added as we do in a letter format ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
@varinder1717 I am also looking for the invitation letter format. I will prepare the letter by today but not sure about the format. For the purpose of travel I would add both support and to attend/Celebrate birth of the child. I would be adding help/support because I have got the PHAC approval under same category with the recommendation of doctor for my wife's high risk pregnancy.

@canuck78 Can you please share a link to any sample letter, I tried searching on this forum but didn't find any. I want to know things like whom to address the letter to and whether the invitation should be from me only or should be from both of us as a couple, also is there a date /subject/ other formal things to be added as we do in a letter format ?
Invitation letter can be very simple.

marta12

Sep 5, 2017
Italy
There is actually no need to apply for PHAC for normal pregnancy and some doctors refuse to fill out the documents. Someone started doing this during covid and started this trend. It is actually better to apply for a TRV which is more likely to be multiple entry, not have entry date requirements, etc.
can you share more info, please? My parents are Italian and do not need trv, just and Eta, which they have (requested last year). I just dont see how they can be allowed to entry canada as visitors with just their eta, and prove they are coming for an essential reason. I have just checked the canadian immigration website and pregnancy is never listed as a non discretionary reason. That is why I think they'll need authorization from PHAC. What do you think? Do you see any other alternative? Any help would be appreciated, as I really need them to come because I already have a 1 year old whom I will need help with, and I am stuck on what to do.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
can you share more info, please? My parents are Italian and do not need trv, just and Eta, which they have (requested last year). I just dont see how they can be allowed to entry canada as visitors with just their eta, and prove they are coming for an essential reason. I have just checked the canadian immigration website and pregnancy is never listed as a non discretionary reason. That is why I think they'll need authorization from PHAC. What do you think? Do you see any other alternative? Any help would be appreciated, as I really need them to come because I already have a 1 year old whom I will need help with, and I am stuck on what to do.
Are you a PR or citizen?

imdsumit

Star Member
Sep 6, 2018
India
Category........
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-09-2019
@canuck78 I have some confusion in Visitor visa application.
I see option to add member to a group.
Do I have to add both parents as individual member in that group ?