+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

parents visitor visa rejected .. need help .plz.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Unfortunately after so many refusals in a short time you should take a break. Asking for 1-2 months was too long for a first visit. It shows that they don’t have very strong ties if they can leave for so long. Ask for 2-3 weeks max. I would order GCMS notes so you can know why they are getting refused and address the issues the next time you reapply. There is no travelling now and convocations are likely to be rescheduled.

Mar 19, 2020
I applied for GCMS notes.. they gave reason
The applicant doesn’t appear to be sufficiently well established that the purpose of visit would be reasonable expense. Applicant’s purpose of visit appears vague and poorly documented.
And officer is not satisfied that applicant depart Canada at the end of stay.

They give this reasons.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The applicant doesn’t appear to be sufficiently well established that the purpose of visit would be reasonable expense. Applicant’s purpose of visit appears vague and poorly documented.

They give this reasons.
Would then wait until you have worked longer.

Saichandana

Dec 24, 2020
Hi,

My father is a government employee working as a Teacher. I'm applying a visitor visa for my parents to help me after my post
partum.

Could any one please let me know all the required documents to submit to get visa for my parents.

Thanks in advance.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

My father is a government employee working as a Teacher. I'm applying a visitor visa for my parents to help me after my post
partum.

Could any one please let me know all the required documents to submit to get visa for my parents.

Thanks in advance.
What is your status in Canada?

They will need to provide proof that they have the funds to support their travels and proof that they have strong ties to their home country like a job to return to, property, family members that are dependent on them, etc.) Previous international to countries like the US, UK, Australia, etc. will help. You should look at the application and instructions.

You should not say that they will be helping you doing things like cooking and cleaning because that is considered work. It would be best to indicate they are visiting you. Assume quarantine rules will be still in place. As a pregnant woman or as someone with an infant your family would be considered vulnerable since birth pregnant women and infants are more at risk of severe cases of covid. Both pregnant women and infants have more interactions with the healthcare system as well. They already needed to quarantine away from your family but it is even more important that your parents quarantine in a basement or airbnb if their TRV is approved. Processing times are incredibly long in some countries so I would apply as soon as possible and have a plan b.

Saichandana

Dec 24, 2020
I am on Open work permit. I do have a doctors certificate stating that I have medical issues and need a dedicated person to take care of as my husband is working.
Will the doc certificate be useful in this condition?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am on Open work permit. I do have a doctors certificate stating that I have medical issues and need a dedicated person to take care of as my husband is working.
The most important thing your father can show is strong ties to his home country (e.g. property, emloyment, assets), proof of previous travel to countries requiring visas (US, UK, etc), and that he has enough funds to pay for the trip to Canada. Note that processing times for TRVs are quite long right now (250 days in the cases of some countries) and that he will need authorization to travel if he wants to travel while COVID restrictions are still in place.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Your doctor will need to indicate what are your medical issues and what type of help is needed and for how long. A normal pregnancy would not be considered a medical issue. Most women care for their baby during the day all alone. It is tiring but doable. If your husband is on a WP your parents will need special authorization to travel on top of the TRV. Depending on your husband's work situation he may also be able to take some parental leave.

sunny1977

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019

They give this reasons.

I also got refusal in sep19,applied for GCMS notes.. i also got the same reason--
The applicant doesn’t appear to be sufficiently well established that the purpose of visit would be reasonable expense

did u or anybody applied after this refusal- and if applied-what was the result..how to overcome this reason

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I also got refusal in sep19,applied for GCMS notes.. i also got the same reason--
The applicant doesn’t appear to be sufficiently well established that the purpose of visit would be reasonable expense

did u or anybody applied after this refusal- and if applied-what was the result..how to overcome this reason
The officer doesn’t believe you have enough funds for your visit & that you can’t afford travelling to Canada. Also you aren’t well established in your home country. So you need to show you are established (job, school etc) and have funds to support your visit. How long was your visit and how much money did you show?

sunny1977

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
The officer doesn’t believe you have enough funds for your visit & that you can’t afford travelling to Canada. Also you aren’t well established in your home country. So you need to show you are established (job, school etc) and have funds to support your visit. How long was your visit and how much money did you show?
i showed 5L inr in my acccount ,having a valid US visa till 2027, with travel history of us and uk (2015) and europe (2015).

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
i showed 5L inr in my acccount ,having a valid US visa till 2027, with travel history of us and uk (2015) and europe (2015).
So how long were you planning your visit? Visa officers weren’t concerned about travel history. How are you established...show job letter, school registration, properties etc.

alex the king

Jun 24, 2017
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-07-2016
AOR Received.
14-11-2016
Med's Request
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
11-01-2017
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2017
LANDED..........
24-12-2017
Second wave hit hard many provinces, depending on your province of residence in case Ontario (few regions are lock down for 2 weeks and some areas until 28th January 2021).

Visitors visa:

Application must be as strong as possible: DOCUMENTATION - Documents Only (Not explanations ) decision will be made on the basis of documents.

1) Proof of funds - even you can arrange temporary funding by depositing a good amount until the decision is made. (Crucial )
2) Ties with Home country- This proves that the visitor returns to home country ,Job /Properties/Family ties/ etc (Crucial )
3) Get a invitation form City council (Yes it helps with your application process), they do have a form to fill out , they will stamp (Commissioner of oaths) and will hand it to you. NOT SURE in COVID conditions-Offices Maybe closed
4) Return ticket Must - you will get it for 25 or 30 dollars Genuine temporary ticket for travel dates( Trust me it works... Officer must believe you will return) (Crucial )
5) Try not to lie on the Application (you maybe banned to apply for couple of years) (Crucial )
6) Your medical condition will have least impact on Application (With my Personal experience )( Visitor is visiting for leisure purpose not to work{Helping you with Medical condition or Baby sitting are considered work} even if your medical condition requires someone to care calling family for help....Hmmm visa officer will not be HAPPY with the reason. ( our friends here got rejections for the Delivery including my wife for her Aunt as well)
7) Both Parents: if both Parents Applying unless you are sure you can go through all proper documentation (for example Marriage certificate is Mandatory document which is readily not available at least some parents from India (, if they have it LUCKY .Many Marriages are not registered 1960-70-80's)
8) Travel plan- Itinerary (Crucial )
9) Your Documents: Your status documents and / Your Passport showing the Parents Name
10) Proof of funds for yourself:
Some say not required but i would suggest Yes good to show some funds for yourself to make sure your application gets more strong.
11) How many days the intended visit: Suggested for 10 days or 2 weeks Max. (If you select more days- per day 100 dollars equal amount will make the application bit strong- Least funds i provided was 3500 CAD in Indian account+ 7500 CAD in Canada account{may be not necessary always but yes does help though} )- they can stay 6 months unless the officer at Port of entry stamped the passport with a return date( Rarely happens-still you can try for extension with extra funds and other documents proof within Canada for my parents 30,000 CAD each shown as Fixed deposit from SBI- Necessarily not to be high amounts but they have fixed so they got it genuine). COVID-19 will have an impact for sure on these days due to self quarantine unless the travel dates are future planned like 4 or 5 months from now.
12) Personal information: Your personal info will not have major effect on the file but helps ,even if not provided it will not cause any harm. it is mentioned on the CIC website. Like your job/Pay stub/Salary slips/Tax assessment (i Provided Salary slips for last 6 months for myself as my wife was not working + Bank statement for wife and myself for both my parents and her parents....our intension to keep the application strong by every mean)
13) Previous visas : UK/US/EUROPEAN or even any foreign travel history may give little support. (In my case our both side parents never travelled. My friends parents travelled to Maldives & Kuwait still got rejected when they apply through travel agency from home country- i would suggest apply yourself for parents as they don't need to sign all documents except one form. Rest all you can save as PDF and upload. )
14) Family history- There is a form to fill , you will get it in documents check list.
15) Recent Photos- Parents can email you to upload to the documents check list.
16) Passport: Get a New passport always unless it has got a Good 8 to 10 years expiry (6 month's Validity is the policy for many countries visitors visa- but here you get the expiry date for the visa as per the Passport expiry date..(My wife mother got 10 years visa and my parents got 6 years as their passports expiring in 6 years- so visa sticker expiry matches the passport expiry. even though they travel or not suggested to have a recent passport to get more expiry date.)
17) Biometrics: Email will get within couple of days (Maybe Impacted by COVID-19)- Print the letter book appointment to the VFS near by and complete the given task.
18) Any extra Documents as per the checklist you got.
19) View the visa officer point of view:
Always view your application in visa officers point of view. Not your point of view because you will justify your application but not the visa officer satisfy for the justification. (Trust me- for a small job application i do see everyday 100's of people making mistakes either they are in hurry placing the application, or no idea what they are doing or they justify that they doing correct).

Prepare all your documents and double check if required triple check all the information entered Names spellings, and details provided to avoid any mismatch . Take time to cross check if you got all the Paper work as per the check list. if required you can add an explanation letter for your parents ( unless required do not mention they are coming to take care you or take care your Baby, they are just visiting or exited to visit to welcome their Grand child- or just a causal visit to Canada for leisure .

Out of 10 visa i applied for our family and friends parents My one and only Rejection- First Application for my wife's Aunt. I didn't go for any further trials with her as my wife Delivered and LSCS and stayed 2 days in hospital...Yes we did submitted the letter from doctor on Hospital Letter head stating Delivery maybe complicated due to History of complication during the 1st Child birth still got rejected... happened with my friends wife mother application as well...so complicated delivery may not have much grace on application, it purely depends on the Applicant financial status and strong ties with home country to make sure that they return after the intended stay in Canada. So i studied CIC website and other forums online and extensive research to crack the Visitors visa for My parents. About the City hall Invitation i am not sure about the other Provinces but it does existing in Quebec & Alberta province as i applied for my self from Quebec and for my friends parents from Alberta. the letter looks similar so i guess it must be immigration format they follow.

Please note: the information provided is best of my knowledge ,my point of view and Prior to COVID-19 , there maybe updates so visit CIC website for more information. Others may have different Opinion from their experiences , i do not want to conflict with them . I just drop in to ask some personal question with some expert in regards to my citizenship application as i am going to apply for my family of 3 in 3 weeks. i qualified 2 days Before.:) This Canadavisaforum helped a lot 3 years before. so i thought to give my idea to see if i can help.

Wish you Good luck with your parents Visitors visa and Congratulations on your new expected bundle of joy. We wish you all the best over the next few months with your pregnancy and hope you’re both blessed with a happy and healthy new baby.

Reactions: Santy_ and novapp01

Saichandana

Dec 24, 2020
Second wave hit hard many provinces, depending on your province of residence in case Ontario (few regions are lock down for 2 weeks and some areas until 28th January 2021).

Visitors visa:

Application must be as strong as possible: DOCUMENTATION - Documents Only (Not explanations ) decision will be made on the basis of documents.

1) Proof of funds - even you can arrange temporary funding by depositing a good amount until the decision is made. (Crucial )
2) Ties with Home country- This proves that the visitor returns to home country ,Job /Properties/Family ties/ etc (Crucial )
3) Get a invitation form City council (Yes it helps with your application process), they do have a form to fill out , they will stamp (Commissioner of oaths) and will hand it to you. NOT SURE in COVID conditions-Offices Maybe closed
4) Return ticket Must - you will get it for 25 or 30 dollars Genuine temporary ticket for travel dates( Trust me it works... Officer must believe you will return) (Crucial )
5) Try not to lie on the Application (you maybe banned to apply for couple of years) (Crucial )
6) Your medical condition will have least impact on Application (With my Personal experience )( Visitor is visiting for leisure purpose not to work{Helping you with Medical condition or Baby sitting are considered work} even if your medical condition requires someone to care calling family for help....Hmmm visa officer will not be HAPPY with the reason. ( our friends here got rejections for the Delivery including my wife for her Aunt as well)
7) Both Parents: if both Parents Applying unless you are sure you can go through all proper documentation (for example Marriage certificate is Mandatory document which is readily not available at least some parents from India (, if they have it LUCKY .Many Marriages are not registered 1960-70-80's)
8) Travel plan- Itinerary (Crucial )
9) Your Documents: Your status documents and / Your Passport showing the Parents Name
10) Proof of funds for yourself:
Some say not required but i would suggest Yes good to show some funds for yourself to make sure your application gets more strong.
11) How many days the intended visit: Suggested for 10 days or 2 weeks Max. (If you select more days- per day 100 dollars equal amount will make the application bit strong- Least funds i provided was 3500 CAD in Indian account+ 7500 CAD in Canada account{may be not necessary always but yes does help though} )- they can stay 6 months unless the officer at Port of entry stamped the passport with a return date( Rarely happens-still you can try for extension with extra funds and other documents proof within Canada for my parents 30,000 CAD each shown as Fixed deposit from SBI- Necessarily not to be high amounts but they have fixed so they got it genuine). COVID-19 will have an impact for sure on these days due to self quarantine unless the travel dates are future planned like 4 or 5 months from now.
12) Personal information: Your personal info will not have major effect on the file but helps ,even if not provided it will not cause any harm. it is mentioned on the CIC website. Like your job/Pay stub/Salary slips/Tax assessment (i Provided Salary slips for last 6 months for myself as my wife was not working + Bank statement for wife and myself for both my parents and her parents....our intension to keep the application strong by every mean)
13) Previous visas : UK/US/EUROPEAN or even any foreign travel history may give little support. (In my case our both side parents never travelled. My friends parents travelled to Maldives & Kuwait still got rejected when they apply through travel agency from home country- i would suggest apply yourself for parents as they don't need to sign all documents except one form. Rest all you can save as PDF and upload. )
14) Family history- There is a form to fill , you will get it in documents check list.
15) Recent Photos- Parents can email you to upload to the documents check list.
16) Passport: Get a New passport always unless it has got a Good 8 to 10 years expiry (6 month's Validity is the policy for many countries visitors visa- but here you get the expiry date for the visa as per the Passport expiry date..(My wife mother got 10 years visa and my parents got 6 years as their passports expiring in 6 years- so visa sticker expiry matches the passport expiry. even though they travel or not suggested to have a recent passport to get more expiry date.)
17) Biometrics: Email will get within couple of days (Maybe Impacted by COVID-19)- Print the letter book appointment to the VFS near by and complete the given task.
18) Any extra Documents as per the checklist you got.
19) View the visa officer point of view:
Always view your application in visa officers point of view. Not your point of view because you will justify your application but not the visa officer satisfy for the justification. (Trust me- for a small job application i do see everyday 100's of people making mistakes either they are in hurry placing the application, or no idea what they are doing or they justify that they doing correct).

Prepare all your documents and double check if required triple check all the information entered Names spellings, and details provided to avoid any mismatch . Take time to cross check if you got all the Paper work as per the check list. if required you can add an explanation letter for your parents ( unless required do not mention they are coming to take care you or take care your Baby, they are just visiting or exited to visit to welcome their Grand child- or just a causal visit to Canada for leisure .

Out of 10 visa i applied for our family and friends parents My one and only Rejection- First Application for my wife's Aunt. I didn't go for any further trials with her as my wife Delivered and LSCS and stayed 2 days in hospital...Yes we did submitted the letter from doctor on Hospital Letter head stating Delivery maybe complicated due to History of complication during the 1st Child birth still got rejected... happened with my friends wife mother application as well...so complicated delivery may not have much grace on application, it purely depends on the Applicant financial status and strong ties with home country to make sure that they return after the intended stay in Canada. So i studied CIC website and other forums online and extensive research to crack the Visitors visa for My parents. About the City hall Invitation i am not sure about the other Provinces but it does existing in Quebec & Alberta province as i applied for my self from Quebec and for my friends parents from Alberta. the letter looks similar so i guess it must be immigration format they follow.

Please note: the information provided is best of my knowledge ,my point of view and Prior to COVID-19 , there maybe updates so visit CIC website for more information. Others may have different Opinion from their experiences , i do not want to conflict with them . I just drop in to ask some personal question with some expert in regards to my citizenship application as i am going to apply for my family of 3 in 3 weeks. i qualified 2 days Before.:) This Canadavisaforum helped a lot 3 years before. so i thought to give my idea to see if i can help.

Wish you Good luck with your parents Visitors visa and Congratulations on your new expected bundle of joy. We wish you all the best over the next few months with your pregnancy and hope you’re both blessed with a happy and healthy new baby.
Thank you so much for taking your time and giving me the detailed explanation. This helps a lot.
Congratulations on qualifying for Citizenship and all the very best.