+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

parents visitor visa rejected .. need help .plz.

Mar 3, 2018
hi
My mom dad applied for visitor visa for my convocation but visa got rejected with following reasons:

· I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

· I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.

My dad is Punjab govt employ and mom is housewife.My younger brother is in Vancouver on work permit and I am also on work permit and working for a private firm as software developer. my convocation is in June.
Documents submitted
-for me and my brother: passport, work permits, tax returns, residential proof, pay stubs, job offer letter
-Convocation invitation letter from university.
- dad's tax returns
- fd's, bank statements, CA evaluation of property, PPf funds statement
-NOC from dad's office

I am really worried and want to reapply their visa.
-can someone guide me through what I should improve in my application ? I am not sure what is the procedure if I want to apply myself from my side not parents side?
--is it better to apply from my side or from parents side again?.
-Is giving my brothers details making case weaker as both of us are here, also I don't think I can hide the details in new application as they were already mentioned in previous one?
--should I give explanation for rejection reasons in application from my dad's side in a letter?.
-- my lease which I showed was till June , I don't have any lease after that on my name.is electricity bill enough to show that?
--my account balance is around 9000$ , which is better to say that my parents will pay or I should pay for their stay?
--do I need to notary attest anything as I am in USA right now.
--Another issue ,I think was that dad's NOC is for 92 days, but we mentioned they will stay for a month .how should I resolve this as they will be staying for a month only, but NOC can't be changed.
--Should I buy tickets and insurance in advance to show there one month stay??

Will be grateful for any help.
Thanks

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I am really worried and want to reapply their visa.
-can someone guide me through what I should improve in my application ? I am not sure what is the procedure if I want to apply myself from my side not parents side?
--is it better to apply from my side or from parents side again?.
Either way, it won't impact the decision.

-Is giving my brothers details making case weaker as both of us are here, also I don't think I can hide the details in new application as they were already mentioned in previous one?
You're right. You cannot hide this information. IRCC will know from the Family Information forms of your parents.

--should I give explanation for rejection reasons in application from my dad's side in a letter?.
Explanations will work only when supported by evidence.

-- my lease which I showed was till June , I don't have any lease after that on my name.is electricity bill enough to show that?
--my account balance is around 9000$ , which is better to say that my parents will pay or I should pay for their stay?
--do I need to notary attest anything as I am in USA right now.
Your documents are secondary/supplementary. Your parents must prove they can afford the entire visit on their own without depending on you.

--Another issue ,I think was that dad's NOC is for 92 days, but we mentioned they will stay for a month .how should I resolve this as they will be staying for a month only, but NOC can't be changed.
This is probably a reason for the refusal. A mismatch in the stated length of visit versus the actual approved leave. Unfortunately, it would also seem like your dad is not being truthful.

Does your dad work in a critical area in the government (defense, police, judiciary, etc)?

--Should I buy tickets and insurance in advance to show there one month stay??
It's not a good idea to buy tickets before visas are issued

Mar 3, 2018

This is probably a reason for the refusal. A mismatch in the stated length of visit versus the actual approved leave. Unfortunately, it would also seem like your dad is not being truthful.

Does your dad work in a critical area in the government (defense, police, judiciary, etc)?
- no my dad works in Punjab electricity board, as NOC can't be changed now , can I state that as date of convocation was not known when he applied for NOC, is this sufficient or can u suggest something?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
- no my dad works in Punjab electricity board, as NOC can't be changed now , can I state that as date of convocation was not known when he applied for NOC, is this sufficient or can u suggest something?
Why is it not possible to change the NOC?

By applying for a visa by indicating he has 92 days of approved leave means his employment ties are not strong. Also, convocations are normally held in June. So the explanation that he did not know about the likely convocation date might not work

Mar 3, 2018
Why is it not possible to change the NOC?

By applying for a visa by indicating he has 92 days of approved leave means his employment ties are not strong. Also, convocations are normally held in June. So the explanation that he did not know about the likely convocation date might not work
I really appreciate your help and time. it is not possible to change because it already took almost two months to get that NOC, and my convocation is on June 12 ,till then it won't be possible to get everything done.
My father is also involved in farming ,so I am attaching sales deed for farming land also .
Also my grandmother is very old and dependent on my father and mother, I ll be attaching doctors authorized letter to prove that also.
will this be enough to prove their ties to India?

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2018

You're right. You cannot hide this information. IRCC will know from the Family Information forms of your parents.

Explanations will work only when supported by evidence.

It's not a good idea to buy tickets before visas are issued
Hi i have one doubt about method of applying online:
One way is to create my dad's account online and apply their application as visitor which i understand.
is there another way in which i apply for them on my behalf???
Can somebody explain second way ,how to apply like steps i follow on the cic site ??
Also which is better way as i applied by first method and it got rejected so i should redo 1st or 2nd way is better if there exists one??

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi i have one doubt about method of applying online:
One way is to create my dad's account online and apply their application as visitor which i understand.
is there another way in which i apply for them on my behalf???
Can somebody explain second way ,how to apply like steps i follow on the cic site ??
Also which is better way as i applied by first method and it got rejected so i should redo 1st or 2nd way is better if there exists one??
Your dad can create a GCKey account and he can submit the online applications for himself and your mom. Or you can manage this account yourself.

Otherwise, they must authorize you as their representative (IMM 5476 - Use of representative form).

Do keep in mind that the mode of submission is irrelevant. People (in)correctly think that online applications will result in approvals. What will work is actual evidence

Mar 3, 2018
Your dad can create a GCKey account and he can submit the online applications for himself and your mom. Or you can manage this account yourself.

Otherwise, they must authorize you as their representative (IMM 5476 - Use of representative form).

Do keep in mind that the mode of submission is irrelevant. People (in)correctly think that online applications will result in approvals. What will work is actual evidence
thank you so much for your reply. really appreciate it . I have another doubt if we get the NOC of my dad changed to less than 92 days to approximately 40 -50 days . will it work?? won't it would have any bad impact or considered as fraud ?? as I am not sure if the last rejected application will be referred in processing the new application??

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
thank you so much for your reply. really appreciate it . I have another doubt if we get the NOC of my dad changed to less than 92 days to approximately 40 -50 days . will it work?? won't it would have any bad impact or considered as fraud ?? as I am not sure if the last rejected application will be referred in processing the new application??
You're missing the point. The NOC is only one component that resulted in his TRV refusal.

Changing the NOC to 40-50 days (nearly 1.5-2 months) is still pretty long and indicates weak employment ties.

You need to evaluate his entire application as a complete package for all possible documents/evidence to overcome the refusal reasons. Do go through this forum. There are some similar cases.

It's not wise to reapply in a hurry

Mar 3, 2018
You're missing the point. The NOC is only one component that resulted in his TRV refusal.

Changing the NOC to 40-50 days (nearly 1.5-2 months) is still pretty long and indicates weak employment ties.

You need to evaluate his entire application as a complete package for all possible documents/evidence to overcome the refusal reasons. Do go through this forum. There are some similar cases.

It's not wise to reapply in a hurry
I understand what you mean ,now I am writing SOP from my parents side ,in that I am explaining the reasons(with proofs) that why they will come back (job, agricultural land , grandmother is dependent on my parents). only thing I want to ask that in SOP should I mention that their visa application was rejected before and we are reapplying with explanations?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I understand what you mean ,now I am writing SOP from my parents side ,in that I am explaining the reasons(with proofs) that why they will come back (job, agricultural land , grandmother is dependent on my parents). only thing I want to ask that in SOP should I mention that their visa application was rejected before and we are reapplying with explanations?
The cover letter must be written in point-format as far as possible, no long sentences. Do reference evidence against any point wherever possible.

They must mention the previous refusal in this cover letter + how they have addressed each refusal reason.

Do keep in mind that evidence works, and not explanations

Mar 3, 2018
The cover letter must be written in point-format as far as possible, no long sentences. Do reference evidence against any point wherever possible.

They must mention the previous refusal in this cover letter + how they have addressed each refusal reason.

I am getting these options to upload the documents but I am little confused where to put what
For primar applicant:(dad)
Passport
(required) - dad's passport
invitation letter. - my invitation letter (work permit, pay stub, t4s, apartment lease ,univ letter, job offer ) in one pdf?
form - signed form from dad
marriage license. - ??? I don't have what to put instead?
Proof of Means of Financial Support - bank statements ,FD's , payslips , tax returns ,CA evaluation -
Digital photo- ok
Purpose of Travel
- ?? (explanation letter , itinerary, travel insurance) what I am supposed to put here?
Proof of Relationship -?? my relationship to dad?? or my mothers?? what proof?
Client Information --???

for secondary applicant:(mom)
forms -
signed form from mom
passport -ok
digital photo -ok
clients info ???

I also want to attach affidavit from my relative to take care of my grandmothers , where to put it?
where to put explanation letter or cover letter and dad's NOC from dept??
where to put mom's account statement or fd's (in financial proof?)
where to put proof of properties?
kindly help.

Mar 3, 2018

Could you please check this:

Travel itinerary and Overview of expenses(approx):

Date
Place to visit /activity
Approximate cost in CAD $

June 9, 2019
Arrival at Montréal-Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport.
2700 $(both ways for 2)
June 12, 2019
Attend convocation ceremony at Place des Arts - Salle Wilfrid-Pelletier,Montreal
100$

June 14,2019
Visit Old Montreal,Old port,Notre- Dame Basilica
200$

June 15, 2019
Visit Mont-Royal,St. Joseph Oratory
100$

June 16,2019
Our son Mr. Harinder Singh will visit us.

June 18,2019
visit Quebec City (came back in evening)
500$
June 20, 2019
visit Ottawa (came back in evening)
500$

June 22,2019
visit Biodome,Botanical garden (our son will head back to Vancouver )
200$

June 24,2019
Visit Parc Jean-Drapeau
100$

June 29 ,2019
Fly back from Montréal-Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport to Delhi Airport
Mentioned above

Accomodation and Food
2000$
Medical Insurance
350$
Total :6750$

Mar 3, 2018

my parents visa got approved. thanks a lot for your help.

Reactions: saveri