+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents Supervisa [Reason of visiting and ties to home country]

DavEd

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
Yes this was one of the refusal reason , and only my mom was rejected , my dad never applied.

So how to defeat this reason I don't get it, they have permanent residence cards (iqama) thats the immigration status and employment prospects was another reason what do they mean by that ?

What do you mean by this ?
Was asking for some senior members on the forum to weigh in with their understanding.

Even though they have permanent residence there. CIC often sees that as a weak link to country of citizenship..

The others tend to be just generic refusal reasons...

rehank

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Yes please if someone can help me here.

So shall I send them back India and ask them to apply from there ?

Iknow the others are generic refusal reasons but I'm just confused what to do at this point. I was going to apply online.

why does the checklist IMM5881E mentions 3 years of NOA and T4 when people say you only need for one year

rehank

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016

DavEd

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
Iknow, but the lawyer said it can be a risk if we dont show the third year since they are asking for it.
That’s rather confusing.. who is they?? Because I have never heard of a case where CIC has requested for 3 NOA ...

And even the instructions guide says most recent...NOA

So I am a loss to understand why u need 3.... people apply with 1 all the time and get visas

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
That’s rather confusing.. who is they?? Because I have never heard of a case where CIC has requested for 3 NOA ...
The Document Checklist for super visas does *suggest* submitting NOAs for the last three years, and not just the most recent one. The reasoning for this is to help IRCC determine whether or not the Canadian host is financially stable to support the applicant's stay for two years.

That said, super visa applications have been approved even on the basis of the most recent NOA + other strong financial documents

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
So shall I send them back India and ask them to apply from there ?
First, it seems like you are rushing or maybe a bit panicky. Go slow.

Take all advice and then decide on the next course of action.

Your mom must address the reasons for the previous two TRV refusals. It doesn't help to submit a super visa application to *solve* the previous TRV refusals (unless she was refused for weak financials).

To answer your question:
Your parents must apply from the country where they have the strongest ties, in this case Saudi Arabia where your dad is employed. Sending them back to India won't help.

Another point: As your dad is employed in KSA, applying for a super visa won't help

rehank

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Your mom must address the reasons for the previous two TRV refusals. It doesn't help to submit a super visa application to *solve* the previous TRV refusals (unless she was refused for weak financials).
I will add the reasons, I have messaged you the reasons and we will try to prove each documents for their refusal but what supporting documents shall i show for immigration status in country of residence ? and others are generic refusal reasons. and also my mom has ties in Canada her sisters in Canada. (they are citizen)

Your parents must apply from the country where they have the strongest ties, in this case Saudi Arabia where your dad is employed. Sending them back to India won't help.
He doesn't work anymore since his medical condition doesn't let him. They are just living there as of now. But the employer can provide a letter if an employment letter is needed. Since he knows him and he can help.

Can you check your messages ? If you could help me there. SORRY iknow im panicked but I just want to do apply for them. But these reasons are making me confuse and IDK how to start the application since they are living in Saudi and immigration status would be permanent residence then why is it a refusal reason in previous.

So shall I show 2 years of NOA and T4 since I have only for 2 years. and follow the indian checklist or saudi ?

Thanks David and Bryanna for your kind advice. Best wishes with you guys :)

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I will add the reasons, I have messaged you the reasons and we will try to prove each documents for their refusal but what supporting documents shall i show for immigration status in country of residence ? and others are generic refusal reasons. and also my mom has ties in Canada her sisters in Canada. (they are citizen)
Sure, I will reply to your messages later

Mrs. Malek

Star Member
Jun 5, 2014
Toronto
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
App. Filed.......
03-06-2013
Doc's Request.
20-06-2013
AOR Received.
03-07-2013
File Transfer...
28-07-2013
Interview........
20-05-2014... Failed
Passport Req..
Waiting...
VISA ISSUED...
01-11-2015
LANDED..........
14-11-2015
Hi,
Yes, I finally managed to get the visa for parents, though i had less hope. The only document i could show (though it wasn’t required) was parents bank statement. Make sure you guys make your strong case and have enough funds to support their stay and also get their itinerary (provisional tickets) plus their daily/weekly activities within Canada followed by their departure from canada to home country.
Best of luck :)
Hi Guider,

I'm in same situation. Having two little kids and going back to work after met leave. If my parents come for a year. Will be good help.
So did you get super Visa for your parents? What did you say in application, how long they are staying for? What's the reason of coming. Please help.

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP

He doesn't work anymore since his medical condition doesn't let him. They are just living there as of now. But the employer can provide a letter if an employment letter is needed. Since he knows him and he can help.

Can you check your messages ? If you could help me there. SORRY iknow im panicked but I just want to do apply for them. But these reasons are making me confuse and IDK how to start the application since they are living in Saudi and immigration status would be permanent residence then why is it a refusal reason in previous.

So shall I show 2 years of NOA and T4 since I have only for 2 years. and follow the indian checklist or saudi ?

Thanks David and Bryanna for your kind advice. Best wishes with you guys :)
Hey did you figure out the "immigration of status refusal"? My dad is facing the same issue because he has a residence permit for 5 years (is extendable) and all he has is bank statements to prove financial ability from both home and resident country.

rehank

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Hey did you figure out the "immigration of status refusal"? My dad is facing the same issue because he has a residence permit for 5 years (is extendable) and all he has is bank statements to prove financial ability from both home and resident country.
Nop, waiting for the experts to pitch in, I'm applying under supervisa though. As far as I remember , translation of iqama copy and it mentions the sponsor on it and get an employment letter from that sponsor with a signature and bank sstatement from Saudi and home country (India) and property,asset documents of home country should be enough for them to show we will return and also state in SOP that you have no intention of living there and my dad has been in KSA for the past 25 years so he's planning to stay further.

Guiders

May 30, 2014
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-07-2014
Doc's Request.
CC charged on 03-11-2014
AOR Received.
PER 29-01-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
09-03-2015
Med's Done....
16-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa issued on 02-04-2015. Passport received on 30-04-2015
LANDED..........
16-09-2015
Hi Guider,

I'm in same situation. Having two little kids and going back to work after met leave. If my parents come for a year. Will be good help.
So did you get super Visa for your parents? What did you say in application, how long they are staying for? What's the reason of coming. Please help.
Hi,
Yes we did get the supervisa. Regarding the Purpose of visit, please don't mention that Your parents can help you look after the kid(s) because this will be treated as "baby sitting" and hence working illegally so they'll reject the visa. I was thinking of doing the same mistake and @Bryanna helped out and said not to do so - i mentioned about their visit to canada and to spend time with us + grandchild etc. and that they'll stay for 8 months and leave before winter starts.

rehank

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Hi,
Yes we did get the supervisa. Regarding the Purpose of visit, please don't mention that Your parents can help you look after the kid(s) because this will be treated as "baby sitting" and hence working illegally so they'll reject the visa. I was thinking of doing the same mistake and @Bryanna helped out and said not to do so - i mentioned about their visit to canada and to spend time with us + grandchild etc. and that they'll stay for 8 months and leave before winter starts.
No I don’t want to mention and neither they are coming to do baby sitting. Just coming to visit and stay with us. Ohkay do you mentioned 8 months . Since my mom will stay longer so shall I mention my mom will stay for 8 months and dad will return in a month since he has work obligation?