+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents Supervisa [Reason of visiting and ties to home country]

Sanazeh

Star Member
Mar 21, 2014
Hi! I am wondering if you ended up applying and getting the visa for your parents? We are in the exact same situation. Parents in law only have the travel history to UAE in the past 10 years with no other significant ties to home country. Retired, no property, no saving, and all children settled abroad.

Hello,

I'm planning on applying for parents supervisa in few days and the reason for visit I've mentioned in the invitation letter is that my spouse needs to complete her studies (MCCEE - Medicine) as she was unable to since the birth of our child (now 2years) and still she is unable to study as she had to look after our baby.

We opted for babysitter however, that didn't work out as our babysitting is for limited hours while wife needs to study throughout with breaks in between - and secondly child fell ill the very next day and we then didn't continue.

I'm attaching my wife registration documents and her exam history (which currently shows Nil) with the application.

Do you suggest it's an acceptable reason? as this is actually our real issue.

Lastly, my dad is retired since 2010 and frequently travels from Pakistan to Dubai (where my brother lives) due to which it's clear we don't have anything that ties to home country. No property, no pension, no salary, no business, no family (other than dad's brothers). This is another concern.
ring

Guiders

May 30, 2014
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-07-2014
Doc's Request.
CC charged on 03-11-2014
AOR Received.
PER 29-01-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
09-03-2015
Med's Done....
16-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa issued on 02-04-2015. Passport received on 30-04-2015
LANDED..........
16-09-2015
Hi! I am wondering if you ended up applying and getting the visa for your parents? We are in the exact same situation. Parents in law only have the travel history to UAE in the past 10 years with no other significant ties to home country. Retired, no property, no saving, and all children settled abroad.

ring
Hi,
Yes, I finally managed to get the visa for parents, though i had less hope. The only document i could show (though it wasn’t required) was parents bank statement. Make sure you guys make your strong case and have enough funds to support their stay and also get their itinerary (provisional tickets) plus their daily/weekly activities within Canada followed by their departure from canada to home country.
Best of luck :)

rehank

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Hi,
Yes, I finally managed to get the visa for parents, though i had less hope. The only document i could show (though it wasn’t required) was parents bank statement. Make sure you guys make your strong case and have enough funds to support their stay and also get their itinerary (provisional tickets) plus their daily/weekly activities within Canada followed by their departure from canada to home country.
Best of luck :)

What proof did you show to satisfy the officers that they will return back to their country.? Bank statement and ticket ? so you bought the tickets or was it only the bookings?
How did you show their daily or weekly activities within Canada ? Did you buy tickets for something ?

Please if you could help me here. I need to satisfy them my parents will return back which they will for sure.

My mom has 2 rejections and the some family ties in Canada so I wanna make sure I provide every documents that she is only here for visit and she will return back bbut I wanna apply now for Supervisa.

Thanks

Guiders

May 30, 2014
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-07-2014
Doc's Request.
CC charged on 03-11-2014
AOR Received.
PER 29-01-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
09-03-2015
Med's Done....
16-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
16-09-2015
What proof did you show to satisfy the officers that they will return back to their country.? Bank statement and ticket ? so you bought the tickets or was it only the bookings?
How did you show their daily or weekly activities within Canada ? Did you buy tickets for something ?

Please if you could help me here. I need to satisfy them my parents will return back which they will for sure.

My mom has 2 rejections and the some family ties in Canada so I wanna make sure I provide every documents that she is only here for visit and she will return back bbut I wanna apply now for Supervisa.

Thanks
- Bank statement was provided as a support for funds (though it wasn't required)

- No, I didn't buy any tickets - you can obtain provisional tickets (travel agency would know about this).

- Regarding daily/weekend activities, I made day-day itinerary myself on excel and showed what would be the expected travel activities and did mention in my invitation letter that parents will leave before winters as they wouldn't like such extreme weather.

rehank

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
- Bank statement was provided as a support for funds (though it wasn't required)

- No, I didn't buy any tickets - you can obtain provisional tickets (travel agency would know about this).

- Regarding daily/weekend activities, I made day-day itinerary myself on excel and showed what would be the expected travel activities and did mention in my invitation letter that parents will leave before winters as they wouldn't like such extreme weather.
So you haven't showed any documents from your parents side other than their bank statement and marriage certificate ?

Do you mind approx how much funds you showed in bank ?

And from your side how many years of NOA and T4 you showed ?
and approx how much funds you showed in your statement ?

Thanks a lot for your reply, I really appreciate it. :)

Guiders

May 30, 2014
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-07-2014
Doc's Request.
CC charged on 03-11-2014
AOR Received.
PER 29-01-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
09-03-2015
Med's Done....
16-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
16-09-2015
So you haven't showed any documents from your parents side other than their bank statement and marriage certificate ?

Do you mind approx how much funds you showed in bank ?

And from your side how many years of NOA and T4 you showed ?
and approx how much funds you showed in your statement ?

Thanks a lot for your reply, I really appreciate it. :)
Our case was unfortunately difficult in the sense that parents don't have property or business or pensions in home country (Pakistan) so we chose bank statement as the only option. Parents had around Pak Rupees 1,700,000 in their bank and I had around $30K in bank. Both of us provided 4months bank statement.

Just 1 year of NOA and T4.

rehank

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
And was your dad employed ?Actually my dad recently got retired and they are living in Saudi Arabia but citizen of India. And they have properties and a house in India and we can show funds there and in saudi as well but I wanna make sure they return back and i wanna satisfy in the application. I can show the funds equal to this amount both side.

Guiders

May 30, 2014
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-07-2014
Doc's Request.
CC charged on 03-11-2014
AOR Received.
PER 29-01-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
09-03-2015
Med's Done....
16-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
16-09-2015
And was your dad employed ?Actually my dad recently got retired and they are living in Saudi Arabia but citizen of India. And they have properties and a house in India and we can show funds there and in saudi as well but I wanna make sure they return back and i wanna satisfy in the application. I can show the funds equal to this amount both side.
No my dad is retired. Your case is much easier then. You should show your properties as "ties back to your home country" and this would be sufficient enough that your parents will eventually return. Plus, your dad is working so that's another good reason that they'll return back to saudi/india.

Also, if you're only applying for your mom then getting super visa would be much easier as you can explain in your invitation letter that your dad is working in Saudi, have properties in India and bank statement of your dad to prove that you've sufficient funds.

Not sure why your mom's supervisa was rejected. Did you get her medical insurance and your does your income meet LICO?

DavEd

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
Just thought I should chip in... it would seem that your parents are living in Saudi Arabia but are of Indian citizenship??
There has been a rise in cases where TRVs have been refused because of “applicant immigration status in country of residence” so be do mindful of that

rehank

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
No my dad is retired. Your case is much easier then. You should show your properties as "ties back to your home country" and this would be sufficient enough that your parents will eventually return. Plus, your dad is working so that's another good reason that they'll return back to saudi/india.
Actually my dad got retired since he couldnt work due to medical condition. but he can completely walk and do his daily activities regularly slowly. He had a very minor stroke 2 years ago.

Also, if you're only applying for your mom then getting super visa would be much easier as you can explain in your invitation letter that your dad is working in Saudi, have properties in India and bank statement of your dad to prove that you've sufficient funds.
Im applying for both , and they are living in Saudi right now. But they have immigration status of Permanent Residence there. just no the citizens of Saudi.

Not sure why your mom's supervisa was rejected. Did you get her medical insurance and your does your income meet LIC
She was rejected on Visit Visa not Super. They had couple of reasons :
Not strong ties
Immigration status in country of residence
your family ties in Canada and country of residence
travel history
limited employment prospect in your country of residence
purpose of visit

rehank

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Just thought I should chip in... it would seem that your parents are living in Saudi Arabia but are of Indian citizenship??
There has been a rise in cases where TRVs have been refused because of “applicant immigration status in country of residence” so be do mindful of that
Thanks for chipping in, I really appreciate :)

Yup they have been living there for over 25 years. and they are permanent residence ( IQAMA) and just not citizen of Saudi. Instead indian citizen

So you mean shall I apply from India for supervisa ? But then from India you need previous 3 years NOA and T4 , I only have for 2 years.

DavEd

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
Actually my dad got retired since he couldnt work due to medical condition. but he can completely walk and do his daily activities regularly slowly. He had a very minor stroke 2 years ago.

Im applying for both , and they are living in Saudi right now. But they have immigration status of Permanent Residence there. just no the citizens of Saudi.

She was rejected on Visit Visa not Super. They had couple of reasons :
Not strong ties
Immigration status in country of residence
your family ties in Canada and country of residence
travel history
limited employment prospect in your country of residence
purpose of visit

So as you put it... they have already been refused because of that recurring reason “ immigration status in country of residence “

Usually to get a positive outcome. You have to correct or defeat the previous reasons of refusal... and if they are still residing in Saudi Arabia... the visa officer can continue to refuse them based on that...
Seniors may you weigh in????

rehank

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
So as you put it... they have already been refused because of that recurring reason “ immigration status in country of residence “
Yes this was one of the refusal reason , and only my mom was rejected , my dad never applied.

So how to defeat this reason I don't get it, they have permanent residence cards (iqama) thats the immigration status and employment prospects was another reason what do they mean by that ?
Seniors may you weigh in????
What do you mean by this ?

DavEd

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
Thanks for chipping in, I really appreciate :)

Yup they have been living there for over 25 years. and they are permanent residence ( IQAMA) and just not citizen of Saudi. Instead indian citizen

So you mean shall I apply from India for supervisa ? But then from India you need previous 3 years NOA and T4 , I only have for 2 years.
For a supervisa I believe you only need the last year’s NOA...I stand corrected