Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
Snspring said:
Hi guys,

My file was transfered to LVO in May and I receive nothing after that. My parents' Police clearance certificates are expiring in less than a month. Should I send them to LVO without waiting for request letter. (In Nov 2011 letter CIC suggested that we obtain pcc as it may takes long time)
I mailed it myself to LVO

Anik

Dec 13, 2011
Snspring said:
Hi guys,My file was transfered to LVO in May and I receive nothing after that. My parents' Police clearance certificates are expiring in less than a month. Should I send them to LVO without waiting for request letter. (In Nov 2011 letter CIC suggested that we obtain pcc as it may takes long time)
Hi Snspring, I was in the same situation as you are - actually it gets a bit more complicated for me now, not sure what to do..
My sponsorship status was approved in April and the case was transferred to LVO (accordign to the approval letter).

I already had police certificates on hand, obtained as was recommended in Nov 2012 letter. They were dated early March 2012, thus I assumed they had to be submitted by early June (given the requirement not earlier than 3 months at submission or 'application date', not sure which one though). I have not heard anything from the LVO so I mailed the certificates to them in early June (without getting their request).

THe problem I have now is that I was not able to get the confirmation from the LVO as to whether those certificates were received and accepted (I inquired but only got generic replies that did not confirm or deny). THe problem is tha tlast week I received an email from the LVO actually requesting police certificates and advising me that a mailed letter was sent to me with the originals of the medical forms (to my canadian address as a rep, hopefully, at least it shows along with my father's name in that email letter)

The letter text looks very generic and I can not infer from it whether they may already have accepted the certificates that I mailed in June. I emailed the LVO but got no reply :-(
Also, I seem to be unlucky with the GCMC notes as I ordered over a month ago and still have not received anythign (I was hoping that maybe the notes tell me if the certificates are received)

So, now I do not know whether to bother with obtaining the new certificates (complicated and expensive process because my parents are now here on visitor visa) or wait longer for either a reply from the LVO or the arrival of the GCMC notes)

Anik

Dec 13, 2011
Does anyone know whether the CIC Call Centre agents can check the file information and tell if a document (e.g. police certificate) was received and accepted?

I know that they are not supposed to have access to the information from abroad but I am wondering if there is something in the GCMS system that they can see...

(tried to call but was not able to get through yet this week...)

Shuga

Nov 26, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2008
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
File Transfer...
31-01-2012
Med's Request
15-02-2012
Med's Done....
03-03-2012 and 03-07-2012
Anik said:
Also, I seem to be unlucky with the GCMC notes as I ordered over a month ago and still have not received anythign (I was hoping that maybe the notes tell me if the certificates are received)
received the GCMS notes today (ordered August 26) - nothing new... medicals passed... dissapointed that security and criminality not started yet... no info about CIC receiving my police certificate in GCMS notes...

tanujgwl

May 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London (UK)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 13th 2014
punjabiboy said:
apply in nov 2006 for my parents.medical done in june 2011 .passport sent in june.untill now no news..our case is straight forward.so dont expect anything soon ..
Did u apply from New Delhi? I'm on the same boat. applied in 2006 Sep and medicals were done in January 2012. just got the status changed today "Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision. "

Hope u get the same soon. I'll pray for ur case too.

tanujgwl

May 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London (UK)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 13th 2014
saini01 said:
You can order GCMS notes under 'Act for Access to information' http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp . This is not mandatory and the report will provide you with details of your parents case and its status. I am not sure how long it takes for the e-case status to change to 'in-process' after the medicals are received. I think its 3-4 months and after that another 3-4 months perhaps for decision made. Please see the google spreadhsheet where everyone from this forum has updated their timelines to have a better idea.
Hi there, just got the case status changed today from "Medical results have been received" to "A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision."
I hope all went well and they contact for some positive news.

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
Anik said:
Did you eventually receive any confirmation as to whether they were received and accepted?
nope, I am waiting for Canada post to confirm. I am actually not too worried about Indian PCC as we can get them in 2 days from the consulate in Vancouver, I am more worried abt mothers FBI which I am contemplating to get another copy

Anik

Dec 13, 2011
Shuga said:
received the GCMS notes today (ordered August 26) - nothing new... medicals passed... dissapointed that security and criminality not started yet... no info about CIC receiving my police certificate in GCMS notes...
Thanks Shuga! Not sure why I am so unlucky with those notes! They just seem to ignore me :(... They did reply last time saying that they could not find my request, asked me to resend everything - which i did - and then told me that they will process as if received now. This was over a month ago and still nothing...
I would understand if they told me something was missing etc but nothing...

It is indeed disappointing that security/ criminality has not started yet... Maybe they just did not update the system?

Anik

Dec 13, 2011
user828 said:
nope, I am waiting for Canada post to confirm. I am actually not too worried about Indian PCC as we can get them in 2 days from the consulate in Vancouver, I am more worried abt mothers FBI which I am contemplating to get another copy
Lucky you.
Our embassy takes a long time and money, all x 2 for two parents (as there is no consulate in Vancouver and they require everything notarised which adds to costs)

Shuga

Nov 26, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2008
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
File Transfer...
31-01-2012
Med's Request
15-02-2012
Med's Done....
03-03-2012 and 03-07-2012
Anik said:
Maybe they just did not update the system?
i think that GCMS notes is a copy of the current state of the system... the only hope is that it's a month old so may be cic has started criminality/security already...

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
Anik said:
Lucky you.
Our embassy takes a long time and money, all x 2 for two parents (as there is no consulate in Vancouver and they require everything notarised which adds to costs)
Wooops, what country? I thought you were from India

Sep 25, 2012
Hi everyone. I've been reading everybody posting and decided to join in today.

here are my time lines -

1. Applied for sponsorship at CPC Mississauga - August 2007
2. Sponsorship Approved and file transferred to Delhi - Jan 2010
3. Request to parents by CIC delhi to submit forms - Feb 2010
4. Forms submitted by parents alongwith PCC - Mar 2010
5. Medicals and passports requested with new PCC, RPRF and original academic certificates for my mother(i wonder why). - Dec 2011
Online status changed to Application recieved. Medicals recieved - Mar 2012
6. Medicals done and all papers sent alongwith passports to CIC - Jan 2012
Online status changed to "We started processing your application on Sep 4 2012. Medicals have been received."
7. Sept 2012- Getting worried as mother's passport expires in mid October
8. Phone call from CIC Delhi to Dad in India asking how soon can they leave. Dad said on one week's notice. - 11-Sep-2012
9. Another phone call from CIC Delhi. This time by a different officer. Same questions asked and same replies given to them. This time dad decided to ask when are they sending the visas. :). they said soon. - Sep 21-2012
10. Now waiting again.

So i guess they will be receiving it soon. Oh well, hopefully :).

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
WaitingForEver said:
Hi everyone. I've been reading everybody posting and decided to join in today.

here are my time lines -

1. Applied for sponsorship at CPC Mississauga - August 2007
2. Sponsorship Approved and file transferred to Delhi - Jan 2010
3. Request to parents by CIC delhi to submit forms - Feb 2010
4. Forms submitted by parents alongwith PCC - Mar 2010
5. Medicals and passports requested with new PCC, RPRF and original academic certificates for my mother(i wonder why). - Dec 2011
Online status changed to Application recieved. Medicals recieved - Mar 2012
6. Medicals done and all papers sent alongwith passports to CIC - Jan 2012
Online status changed to "We started processing your application on Sep 4 2012. Medicals have been received."
7. Sept 2012- Getting worried as mother's passport expires in mid October
8. Phone call from CIC Delhi to Dad in India asking how soon can they leave. Dad said on one week's notice. - 11-Sep-2012
9. Another phone call from CIC Delhi. This time by a different officer. Same questions asked and same replies given to them. This time dad decided to ask when are they sending the visas. :). they said soon. - Sep 21-2012
10. Now waiting again.

So i guess they will be receiving it soon. Oh well, hopefully :).
Refreshing

Especially with Officer calling, you must have seen folks getting visas who applied much later than you I actually felt the same today at work, 130 tech incidents, where we need to check it at least 3 times and everyone seeing it in random order, some older ones are not touched and newer ones are done already - I guess CIC must be the same