+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

parents sponsership joine here

Xbero

Star Member
Sep 9, 2014
Hello to everyone,

I received a very confusing email from New Delhi which asks for the following in one email. My parents are Afghan and their principal residence is in Afghanistan currently visiting me in Canada. Their Sponsorship Application got transferred to New Delhi.

I would greatly appreciate if you can share your experience if you have received a similar type of email and whether or not you did everything asked in this email

1. Application form IMM008 - I submitted this in Oct 2014 then received sponsorship approval
2. Schedule A - I submitted this in Oct 2014 then received sponsorship approval
3. Additional Family Information form IMM5406 - I submitted this in Oct 2014 then received sponsorship approval
4. Medical Examination - I have not submitted this yet. They indicated there is a letter in the email but there is nothing and the link doesn't work
5. Valid Email address
6. Original birth certificates establishing the relationship between you and your parents - I provided the copy in Oct 2014 - Plush they refer to Indian documents and we are not even from India
7. Parents marriage certificate - I provided this Oct 2014
8. Updated Police Clearance Certificates - I have not submitted this yet, but will do so soon
9. Copy of payment receipt for the Right of Permanent Residence Fee
10. 3 Updated Pictures for each person
11. Photocopy of original passports (Do not send your original passports at this time)
12. Complete the Non-Accompanying Adult Son/Daughter Additional Information Form - My parents have adult children who are not accompanying them to Canada, but they are not dependent, so I doubt we have to provide this.

Please provide some instructive feedback with your experience as to what really needs to be send to them because we have sent most of the items already. Also, I need to get the medical exam paper.

Thanks,

toronto30

May 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Parents
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/2009
Doc's Request.
03/2013
File Transfer...
07/30/2013
Med's Request
04 MAR 2015
Med's Done....
May 7, 2015
Interview........
ECAS: Started processing Feb 12, 2015
Passport Req..
August 5, 2015.
VISA ISSUED...
10 August 2015
LANDED..........
24 August 2015
Xbero said:
Hello to everyone,

I received a very confusing email from New Delhi which asks for the following in one email. My parents are Afghan and their principal residence is in Afghanistan currently visiting me in Canada. Their Sponsorship Application got transferred to New Delhi.

I would greatly appreciate if you can share your experience if you have received a similar type of email and whether or not you did everything asked in this email

1. Application form IMM008 - I submitted this in Oct 2014 then received sponsorship approval
2. Schedule A - I submitted this in Oct 2014 then received sponsorship approval
3. Additional Family Information form IMM5406 - I submitted this in Oct 2014 then received sponsorship approval
4. Medical Examination - I have not submitted this yet. They indicated there is a letter in the email but there is nothing and the link doesn't work
5. Valid Email address
6. Original birth certificates establishing the relationship between you and your parents - I provided the copy in Oct 2014 - Plush they refer to Indian documents and we are not even from India
7. Parents marriage certificate - I provided this Oct 2014
8. Updated Police Clearance Certificates - I have not submitted this yet, but will do so soon
9. Copy of payment receipt for the Right of Permanent Residence Fee
10. 3 Updated Pictures for each person
11. Photocopy of original passports (Do not send your original passports at this time)
12. Complete the Non-Accompanying Adult Son/Daughter Additional Information Form - My parents have adult children who are not accompanying them to Canada, but they are not dependent, so I doubt we have to provide this.

Please provide some instructive feedback with your experience as to what really needs to be send to them because we have sent most of the items already. Also, I need to get the medical exam paper.

Thanks,
this is a two-step process remember? they ask all those forms at the sponsorship approval level and you have done that. Second step, when they usually start working on your file (this is from LVO) they want to know the updated status (form imm0008, etc) and also they will ask for PCC, Right of Landing Fees and all that at this stage.
usually medial email comes in a separate email, within 7-10 business days of receiving this email( asking add'l documents)

so do not worry, provide them everything they've asked for and wait for medical email, if you do not, within a reasonable time, send them a case specific enquiry and sure you will get it within couple of days or may be weeks. So I believe they have started on your case and you should see your ECAS changed to In Process. Hope this helps.

TO30

Muhriz

Star Member
Apr 12, 2012
Hello Everybody,

Today I received letter via e-mail that I continued to meet all requirements for sponsorship, this was after they asked for re-assessment for eligibility.

Interestingly in the letter they mentioned that if I need to contact for any reason I may contact at CPC-Ottawa as that is the visa office allocated to me, this is surprising to me as my file was in ISB-LVO and then they moved to London in 2014. Anybody would like to comment why would they change the visa office from London to Ottawa, anybody out there with similar experience?

Time Line:
Applied: August 2009
Initial Sponsor approval: Sep. 2012
1st Medical Request: March 2013
File transferred to London: May 2014
Letter for re-assessment of sponsorship: April 2015
Documents submitted: May 2015
Approval: June 2015

Thanks.

toronto30

May 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Parents
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/2009
Doc's Request.
03/2013
File Transfer...
07/30/2013
Med's Request
04 MAR 2015
Med's Done....
May 7, 2015
Interview........
Passport Req..
August 5, 2015.
VISA ISSUED...
10 August 2015
LANDED..........
24 August 2015
Muhriz said:
Hello Everybody,

Today I received letter via e-mail that I continued to meet all requirements for sponsorship, this was after they asked for re-assessment for eligibility.

Interestingly in the letter they mentioned that if I need to contact for any reason I may contact at CPC-Ottawa as that is the visa office allocated to me, this is surprising to me as my file was in ISB-LVO and then they moved to London in 2014. Anybody would like to comment why would they change the visa office from London to Ottawa, anybody out there with similar experience?

Time Line:
Applied: August 2009
Initial Sponsor approval: Sep. 2012
1st Medical Request: March 2013
File transferred to London: May 2014
Letter for re-assessment of sponsorship: April 2015
Documents submitted: May 2015
Approval: June 2015

Thanks.
[/quote
where did you get the email from asking re-assessment? CPC-Miss. or LVO?
if there are no dependents on file, now-a-days are going to Ottawa to get off-load from LVO.

Xbero

Star Member
Sep 9, 2014
Thanks a lot. It definitely help and yes today I receive the medical examination instructions in separate emails.

My parents has stayed in Canada for more than 6 months on super visa. Do we have to do a police certificate clearance in Canada too?

Also, they have request the original birth certificate. Should I send it or the certified copy of it ? If I send the original, I am wondering how we would get that back from the Delhi office.

My parents permanently live in Afghanistan, currently visiting Canada, and their sponsorship got transferred to New Delhi. So, I am not sure how the documents would be collected and where we would subsequently need to send the passports once requested.

toronto30 said:
this is a two-step process remember? they ask all those forms at the sponsorship approval level and you have done that. Second step, when they usually start working on your file (this is from LVO) they want to know the updated status (form imm0008, etc) and also they will ask for PCC, Right of Landing Fees and all that at this stage.
usually medial email comes in a separate email, within 7-10 business days of receiving this email( asking add'l documents)

so do not worry, provide them everything they've asked for and wait for medical email, if you do not, within a reasonable time, send them a case specific enquiry and sure you will get it within couple of days or may be weeks. So I believe they have started on your case and you should see your ECAS changed to In Process. Hope this helps.

TO30

starzibal

Dec 30, 2009
Toronto
Xbero said:
Thanks a lot. It definitely help and yes today I receive the medical examination instructions in separate emails.

My parents has stayed in Canada for more than 6 months on super visa. Do we have to do a police certificate clearance in Canada too?

Also, they have request the original birth certificate. Should I send it or the certified copy of it ? If I send the original, I am wondering how we would get that back from the Delhi office.

My parents permanently live in Afghanistan, currently visiting Canada, and their sponsorship got transferred to New Delhi. So, I am not sure how the documents would be collected and where we would subsequently need to send the passports once requested.
if your parents stayed more than 6 month in Canada then the new Dehli office will ask in a separate email, which is usually after the medical, for RCMP fingerprints so be ready for that.
(and No they don't do their own investigation as some mentioned in this forum, in case if the person stayed in Canada) you would have to provide the RCMP FP to the visa office in new dehli.
but wait for their email on that.

mansari12

Star Member
Apr 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009 july
Doc's Request.
oct 2013
AOR Received.
july 2013
Med's Request
11 march 2015
Med's Done....
30th march 2015
Passport Req..
waiting
LANDED..........
Inshallah soon
Quick question.
Passport request we will get through email or by courier mail ?

toronto30

May 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Parents
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/2009
Doc's Request.
03/2013
File Transfer...
07/30/2013
Med's Request
04 MAR 2015
Med's Done....
May 7, 2015
Interview........
Passport Req..
August 5, 2015.
VISA ISSUED...
10 August 2015
LANDED..........
24 August 2015
Xbero said:

My mother is here with my about 20 months, and they have not asked for Canada Police clearance, visa office Singapore and they started processing Feb 11.2015.

If they are asking for Original Birth Cert. you have to provide them the Original. I believe they will send back to the address on file.

If their case has been transferred to ND, then expect all communications from ND.

by the way if your parents stays longer here while case is being finalized, they might not need to send their passport to the Visa Office, rather they will mail you their COPR and they can land here with flag polling at the US Border or in one of the Immigration Offices in Canada.

So it is important to fill out all requested forms and send them ASAP, so they will know where are they currently residing.
Thanks
TO30

geforce82

Aug 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-04-2010
Doc's Request.
02-08-2013
File Transfer...
03-04-2014 NDVO
Med's Request
14-11-2014
Med's Done....
26-11-2014, ecas updated to Medical received 16-12-2014
Interview........
DM - May 8, 2015
Passport Req..
June 10, 2015... Passort sent via VFS on June 12
VISA ISSUED...
Received message on June 24 passports dispatched from VO. Received passports June 26, 2015
LANDED..........
Soon
mansari12 said:
Quick question.
You will get passport request in email if you have provided CIC with an email address.

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
mansari12 said:
Quick question.
If an email is given, it will usually be by email.
(same email where medical request, etc are sent)

But keep an eye on the mail too, since you never know with Islamabad

gurunanak

Aug 17, 2014
Hello all,
My parents are here with me in Canada under super visa. We submitted the medicals as part of PR sponsorship last month. Hopefully, the next step would be passport request. The PR application is processed in New Delhi. I am wondering how to submit the passport when requested by CHC in New delhi. It is illegal to mail/courier passports out of the country. I do not want my parents to travel all the way to India just to get the PR sticker. Is there any other way to get it done? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
gurunanak said:
Hello all,
My parents are here with me in Canada under super visa. We submitted the medicals as part of PR sponsorship last month. Hopefully, the next step would be passport request. The PR application is processed in New Delhi. I am wondering how to submit the passport when requested by CHC in New delhi. It is illegal to mail/courier passports out of the country. I do not want my parents to travel all the way to India just to get the PR sticker. Is there any other way to get it done? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
-make sure you get them to apply for Canadian police certificate before they leave Canada (in case CIC asks for Canadian PCC later in the process).
check online for procedures, google it.

gurunanak

Aug 17, 2014
canvis2006 said:
-make sure you get them to apply for Canadian police certificate before they leave Canada (in case CIC asks for Canadian PCC later in the process).
check online for procedures, google it.
Hi Canvis2006,
We have submitted Canadian and Indian police clearance certificates already. Thanks.