Jun 25, 2015
Med's Done....
Jun 26, 2015
Interview........
N/A, Addition Doc Request: Jul24, Doc sent and rec'd by CIC: Aug 14, 2015
Passport Req..
Waiting
charkei said:
Hi, I am currently working for my parent sponsorship thru supervisa. However, my LICO for this year is only 35k and I need around 50k for the family of 5. My wife on the other hand is on EI maternity and taking care of my baby. Is it possible for us to use that EI to sum up our income???? it would really be a great help for anyone to respond. Thank you.
Your family income is calculated from Notice of Assessments for previous years, and from your pay stubs/EI statements etc. Yes, you can use her EI income and make her co-signer on your application.

charkei

Star Member
Oct 9, 2011
Dipolog City
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2010
AOR Received.
08-03-2011
File Transfer...
30-03-2011
Med's Request
07-07-2011
Med's Done....
27-07-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
24-10-2011
LANDED..........
21-01-2012
layla.bee said:
Your family income is calculated from Notice of Assessments for previous years, and from your pay stubs/EI statements etc. Yes, you can use her EI income and make her co-signer on your application.
Hi, thank you very much for your reply. Another question here: I am planning to apply my parents at the same time but I need them here in Canada one at a time because my sole purpose of them coming here is to help us take care of my baby while me and my wife is out for work. I also could not afford them here at the same time, and one of them also need to take care of my other sibling. So maybe switching them after a year or so would be great..

Infrared

Dec 22, 2014
Very new to this forum and the whole parent sponsorship process at all.
Please clarify couple questions for me:
1. If I have enough income, I don’t need my husband as a co-signer? Why then they ask in Financial Evaluation form if my spouse is employed?
2. We have 2 kids – 17 and 20 – living with us, do I indicate them both as dependant? I think only 17 y.o. one. What if my spouse starts his own application for his parents, does he include kids again?
3. What is total number of persons for the purpose of determining my minimum income? I understand it’s not my spouse and not a 20 y.o.son? So just 1 son and my mom I want to sponsor?
4. Does income need to be exact number? Can I round to less (50000 instead of 50122 for example)? (I lost one NOA, remember approximately)
5. I don’t see requirements to submit any documents (proof of birth, of education, copy of passport, anything?), is it correct or I missed some?
6. As I understand a whole process, I can fill the forms now, but need to go back on the website and download them again updated on Dec. 31? And then only one day left to fill and send?

Thanks a lot for any input.
Irena.

Xbero

Star Member
Sep 9, 2014
Yes, then your will receive AOR. I sent documents Oct 1 and got AOR today.

farah242 said:
Just for 2009-2010. My lawyer did the same.

A question from all,
If your file is returned back to you for missing docs, and once you send it back will it have to wait again in queue for around 3 months till someone opens it and check if all is complete and send an AOR??

winnie_vancouver

Aug 6, 2014
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
HongKong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 1, 2010
Doc's Request.
July 31, 2014 (Doc. sent: Sept 30, 2014; CIC rec'd: Oct 2, 2014)
AOR Received.
Dec 17, 2014 (AOR dated: Dec 11, 2014)
File Transfer...
Oct 6, 2015
Med's Request
Oct 6, 2015
Applied 2010 said:
Hi
I sent doc on mid Oct, but I didn't receive AOR yet. So how could I expect to get AOR?
Hi all guys, someone sent doc request to CIC on Oct that is received AOR yet?
I'm very worried :(
Hi,

I have just received an AOR today, the letter dated Dec 11, 2014.

I sent my additional doc. on Sept 30, 2014 and CIC received it on Oct 2, 2014.

Applied 2010

Star Member
May 12, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2010
Doc's Request.
30 July 2014
AOR Received.
Received on 23 Jan 2015 (Letter dated 13 Jan 2015)
File Transfer...
On March 31, 2015 Singapore
Xbero said:
Yes, then your will receive AOR. I sent documents Oct 1 and got AOR today.
Congrats, I hope I will get AOR too coz i sent doc in mid Oct.

Applied 2010

Star Member
May 12, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2010
Doc's Request.
30 July 2014
AOR Received.
Received on 23 Jan 2015 (Letter dated 13 Jan 2015)
File Transfer...
On March 31, 2015 Singapore
winnie_vancouver said:
Hi,

I have just received an AOR today, the letter dated Dec 11, 2014.

I sent my additional doc. on Sept 30, 2014 and CIC received it on Oct 2, 2014.
Congrats, I hope I will get AOR too coz i sent doc in mid Oct.

nvnikhil

Oct 24, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 30, 2013
AOR Received.
November 19, 2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with the file
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
March 28, 2014
Passport Req..
April 22, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 25, 2014
LANDED..........
April 30, 2014
Hi,

I am writing on behalf of another person of my family

Im a citizen of canada and have 1 kid aged 5yrs. I want to sponsor my parents and they are currently living with us.
Because of the maternity leave in half of 2010 and 2011, the Income level of 2011 is not met. Though if we do a prorata basis, they will be able to see that i qualify for the same. The income levels of 2009, 2012 and 2013 are much higher then mentioned in LICO. Can we still apply for the Parents Sponsporship? How do we justify in the Financial Evaluation.

Any suggestions/views will be appreciated

xenon

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nvnikhil said:
Hi,

I am writing on behalf of another person of my family

Im a citizen of canada and have 1 kid aged 5yrs. I want to sponsor my parents and they are currently living with us.
Because of the maternity leave in half of 2010 and 2011, the Income level of 2011 is not met. Though if we do a prorata basis, they will be able to see that i qualify for the same. The income levels of 2009, 2012 and 2013 are much higher then mentioned in LICO. Can we still apply for the Parents Sponsporship? How do we justify in the Financial Evaluation.

Any suggestions/views will be appreciated
The requirement is that you should meet the LICO requirements for the past 3 years. If you're married, you can combine your spouse earnings to see if you would meet LICO and your spouse would sign as a co-applicant.

xenon

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BABBQ said:
Hi
I am new to this forum. I am planning to sponsor my mother.
According to the website there are two steps for this process, sponsor should send sponsorship application to Mississauga at the same time parents apply for PR. Does the forms list include PR application as well? Where to find the documents for PR application?

Also if I have worked in Canada for 2014 &2013 and worked in UK during 2012, can I still sponsor my parents?
Could someone help me please?
Thank you.
If we go through the PR requirements for parents sponsorship, you have to show originals NOA documents from CRA as proof that you meet the LICO requirements. If you have filed a tax return in 2012 and declared your UK income, then the NOA will report that and you can still meet LICO requirements. If you did not declare your foreign income, then you wouldn't meet the requirements as it does not state in the NOA.

The parents sponsorship documents can be found here - you will send all (sponsor and PR Forms) in one package to Mississuaga.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/sponsor-parents.asp

Luckwithme

Feb 16, 2014
Hi All,

I need help regarding passport expiring issue. My parents completed their medical examination in August 2014. We had submitted their passport at ND office. Now their passport is going expired in Feb -2015. Will Canadian Embassy issue them PR Visa..or we have to renew their passports..? They are ready to travel if they issue visa before passport expire..

Thanks

Luckwithme

xenon

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kenyadian said:
Hi guys,

Just prepping my documents to apply for my parents' PR. Very confused about whether or not we should submit photographs or not. There isn't anywhere on the instructions or on the checklists that asks for photos - however, one of the generic forms says please enclose photos.

Let me know if anyone has been through this and if there is feedback.

Thanks,

Kenyadian
Hi Kenyadian

It is not on the documents checklist or Information Guide. I think it will be requested at a later date when they are ready to process the application. Which generic form talks about photos?

xenon

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Xbero said:
Hey guys,

I got married recently and want to add my wife as co-signer for better reflection of financial situations. Would her income from her 2010 Option C Printout would be considered for my parents' sponsorship because I started the application in 2010, or her income only from the year that we got married would be counted for financial test purposes?

Thanks
Her income from 2010 will be counted - they are just looking to ensure that you have steady income and can meet LICO requirements year over year.

xenon

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Harbal said:
Hello friends

I have some questions regarding filling of forms, means who need to fill these forms

1. Schedule A (Imm 5669)
check list says:- all family members need to fill this foam
but, foam says only dependent children and principal applicant need to fill this foam

2. Additional family info( IMM 5406)
same problem here as well, checklist with foam package says all family members need to fill this foam , but foam says only dependent children and principal applicant need to fill this foam.

I am ok for Principal applicant to fill these foams, i my case my parents does not have any dependent on them. me and my all siblings are settled with our own families.

if i go with check list then everybody( me and my siblings) need to fill this foam other wise nobody need to fill this foam.

Help me
dependent children meaning children that are currently dependent on them. Anyone below 19 (or 21 I don't remember what is the age now) are considered dependents)