29 august 2012,AOR FROM NEW DELHI ON 9 OCTOBER 2012
Med's Request
08-NOV-2012
Med's Done....
07 dec 2012,ecas acknowledge medical on 30/12/12
Passport Req..
08-NOV-2012
VISA ISSUED...
06- march 2013 ("address change on 8 march"DM on 11 march")
LANDED..........
Last week of march
karan1916 said:
Hi
I need help with IM-0008 form. My parents are in India. Box 4 of the application talks about Immigration Office Requested for processing this application - What should I write there. Should it be New Delhi or can I say Ottawa. Would appreciate your input.

Thanks
U should write NEW DELHI Visa office bcoz it's written in instruction write your local visa office name

Ross_Tay

Mar 1, 2012
karan1916 said:
Hi
I need help with IM-0008 form. My parents are in India. Box 4 of the application talks about Immigration Office Requested for processing this application - What should I write there. Should it be New Delhi or can I say Ottawa. Would appreciate your input.

Thanks
Here is the explanation of Question # 4.

"Question 4
Immigration Office requested for the processing of your application

Indicate the name of the Immigration Office which serves:
•your country of nationality, or
•the country in which you are residing, provided that you have been lawfully admitted to that country for at least one year.

Note: Do not select the CIO as the immigration office requested to process your application. Although you may be required to will submit your application to the CIO, you must indicate the name of an appropriate visa office using the criteria above."

SOURCE : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5196ETOC.asp#5196E4

CIO = Centralized Intake Office

I hope it will help.

khaira_143

Star Member
Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-2008
Doc's Request.
26-11-11
AOR Received.
27-06-12
File Transfer...
27-06-12
Med's Request
26-11-12
Med's Done....
06-12-12
Passport Req..
26-11-12
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
parents sponsership joine here

did anyone get reply who sent additional documents after 20 feb 2012...please share.

mash_afg

Dec 31, 2011
Hello Ross and karan
thanks for your replies as i really appreciate so i will wait some more days
as can i ask u guys did it ask u about picture of parents so can u send me the specific link for the pictures asked if so and also about police certificate will u guys send it now with these forms or wait when cic ask u and also u guys said that cic asked u guys about relationship proof to the sponser so what kind of proof we need to send as document as which kind of documents? and also u mentioned about option c print out may i know which year of option c print out it asked u as if they ask from me i have not filled tax for the last year yet as i have option c for other years except last year? so can t4s can be ok too only for last year as option c may take time
thanks

mash_afg

Dec 31, 2011
hello Ross and karan
as cic sent checklist did it ask u guys about parents birth certificates also ?
i have a suggestion from you guys and also all 2009 applicants to make a list of all of us and share information with each other as it can help all of us as what do u guys suggest as should we make a thread of here we can also make a list of all

ROSS
KARAN
AND ME MYSELF MASH
we are from 2009 applicants as if there are more people in this room from 2009 please share your information so we can put u guys in the list too
thanks

karan1916

Star Member
Jul 18, 2005
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2012
File Transfer...
1-03-2013
Med's Done....
12-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-05-2013
LANDED..........
June 2013
mash_afg said:
Hello Ross and karan
as can i ask u guys did it ask u about picture of parents so can u send me the specific link for the pictures asked if so and also about police certificate will u guys send it now with these forms or wait when cic ask u and also u guys said that cic asked u guys about relationship proof to the sponser so what kind of proof we need to send as document as which kind of documents? and also u mentioned about option c print out may i know which year of option c print out it asked u as if they ask from me i have not filled tax for the last year yet as i have option c for other years except last year? so can t4s can be ok too only for last year as option c may take time
thanks
Regarding Option C - I am sending the latest one as I did my 2011 taxes. I am not sure if T4's would be acceptable. Better to ask CIC call centre than to risk it

Police Certificate - I will send the police certificates with this package. I have asked my parents to start working on this

Relationship Proof - I am sending a translated copy of my Birth Certificate and my secondary school certificate which has name of my parents.

Didnt ask for my parents birth certificate

Hope this helps

alba1

Star Member
Mar 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-2008
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
AOR Received.
30-3-2012
File Transfer...
13-4-2012
Med's Request
June 19, 2012
Med's Done....
June 20, 2012
karan1916 said:
Regarding Option C - I am sending the latest one as I did my 2011 taxes. I am not sure if T4's would be acceptable. Better to ask CIC call centre than to risk it

Police Certificate - I will send the police certificates with this package. I have asked my parents to start working on this

Relationship Proof - I am sending a translated copy of my Birth Certificate and my secondary school certificate which has name of my parents.

Didnt ask for my parents birth certificate

They don't ask for the Option C, only if they require more documents latter. Even if they ask they need the one for the year that you started your application, the one that you should have included with the original application on 2008 or 2009. And, maybe I'm wrong, but T4 is not acceptable, you have to order Option C from CRA.

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
mash_afg said:
Hello Ross and karan
thanks
mash_afg said:
Hello Ross and karan
thanks
Proof of relationship: I provided my Birth Certificate, my passport pages showing their names, school certificates
Parents Birth Certificate: Marriage Certificate, Passport Copies, Indian Domicile Certificate, School Certificates, Explanation of why they don't have birth certificate ( born in karachi, before 1947 ) but no affadavit
Option C: You can provide T4's and pay stubs
Police Certificate: Good to provide, but if file goes to India , they wont ask PCC right away so the one u send might expire when file starts to process in India

Application was approved March 28th

sponsorparents

Dec 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-04-2008
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011<br>Doc's Delivered: 21-12-2011
File Transfer...
09-02-2012<br>PCC Submitted: 09-03-2012
Med's Request
16-04-2012
Med's Done....
25-04-2012<br>Med's Delivered: 30-04-2012<br>e-CAS Med's received: 02-06-2012
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
12-12-2012
LANDED..........
14-04-2013
I am glad that this thread has 100 pages and tons of information. Kudos to whoever shared the information, you guys are awesome!!!
This thread is very very helpful.

sakamath

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
17-May-2012
File Transfer...
8 Mar 2012
Med's Request
26-Nov-2012
Med's Done....
24-Dec-2012
Passport Req..
26-Nov-2012
VISA ISSUED...
App abandoned in July '14
user828 said:
if the file goes to local office, then do they email us right away as they do for ottawa?
I believe, Ottawa directly sends out the email for Medical and PCC. The local office sends the standard "Received your application blah blah blah" email - but neither are done right away. My file was transferred to LO Delhi on March 8th and am yet to receive the standard email from them. I expect to receive it in 3 months (from the file was transferred).

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
sakamath said:
I believe, Ottawa directly sends out the email for Medical and PCC. The local office sends the standard "Received your application blah blah blah" email - but neither are done right away. My file was transferred to LO Delhi on March 8th and am yet to receive the standard email from them. I expect to receive it in 3 months (from the file was transferred).
Cool, we are on the same boat

vik_indian

Star Member
Mar 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Oct-2008
Doc's Request.
25-Nov-2011
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2012
Med's Request
26-Mar-2012
Med's Done....
12-Apr-2012
Passport Req..
11-Dec-2012
VISA ISSUED...
07-Jan-2012
LANDED..........
soon
Hello,
My question is to people who got additional docs request on 25th Nov 2011

Q1 > Has anybody got any feed back from Ottawa office about progress after medicals? I know some people have already done medicals.
Q2> My parents are in India and soon going for medicals. Where should they ask DMP to send the results to New Delhi or Ottawa?

Thanks in advance for your replies.
Vik :) :)

bloomfield

Star Member
Nov 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2006
File Transfer...
05-09-2008
Med's Request
13-06-2011
Med's Done....
20-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
18-04-2012
LANDED..........
04-06-2012
After sending an inquiry to SG , I have received following:

"A letter was sent on 26 March 2012 requesting for passports to be sent to our office.
We trust this information will be of assistance."

My parent has not received the letter yet. Can they submit passport with this email as reference? Or they need to wait until they receive the letter by mail.
I may sound desperate but it's been almost 6 years since I applied.

sakamath

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
17-May-2012
File Transfer...
8 Mar 2012
Med's Request
26-Nov-2012
Med's Done....
24-Dec-2012
Passport Req..
26-Nov-2012
VISA ISSUED...
App abandoned in July '14
bloomfield said:
After sending an inquiry to SG , I have received following:

"A letter was sent on 26 March 2012 requesting for passports to be sent to our office.
We trust this information will be of assistance."

My parent has not received the letter yet. Can they submit passport with this email as reference? Or they need to wait until they receive the letter by mail.
Congrats, you've almost reached the final stage. Wait for a few days to receive the letter and then mail the passports. There may be some additional information in the letter (like how to send the passports etc).