+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents passpport copy is required for h4 kids dropbox in Canada?

coolusa

Star Member
Sep 12, 2018
Anybody did h4 dropbox in *canada* for minors? My son extension was approved while in India. Also both of mine and wife's stamped visa are in expired , but we have approved i797a. For son's dropbox in *Canada*, is it required both parents *unexpired visa copy*?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Anybody did h4 dropbox in *canada* for minors? My son extension was approved while in India. Also both of mine and wife's stamped visa are in expired , but we have approved i797a. For son's dropbox in *Canada*, is it required both parents *unexpired visa copy*?
Unexpired visa when parents are outside US(to show the consular that the child will join the parent(s) who is ready to travel to US or legal status(I94 detail) of the parent(s) is required to prove that child will be joining the parents who is/are already in US.
When a person is inside, visa wont be having higher precedence. Visa is just for boarding a commercial vehicle, not used for anything else.

So expired visa or unexpired visa would be determined only based on where the parents are current located(meaning - if they currently maintain legal status in US or not).
I assume principal applicant is maintaining H status in US - if so then just include I94 copy along with expired visa copy (apart from the documents list they asked in the appointment booking email)- should be enough.

coolusa

Star Member
Sep 12, 2018
Unexpired visa when parents are outside US(to show the consular that the child will join the parent(s) who is ready to travel to US or legal status(I94 detail) of the parent(s) is required to prove that child will be joining the parents who is/are already in US.
When a person is inside, visa wont be having higher precedence. Visa is just for boarding a commercial vehicle, not used for anything else.

So expired visa or unexpired visa would be determined only based on where the parents are current located(meaning - if they currently maintain legal status in US or not).
I assume principal applicant is maintaining H status in US - if so then just include I94 copy along with expired visa copy (apart from the documents list they asked in the appointment booking email)- should be enough.
Thank you!!! Both mother and kid are in Canada, came from US for dropbox submission. Mother H4 application also submitted along with kids dropbox application. Both are stating in a hotel and waiting visa approval.
Father(h1) is not eligible for dropb box. He also came to Canada and staying with family (on vacation).
Included all i94s all i797s, copy of expired visa of both parents with kids dropbox docs
This will create a problem?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Thank you!!! Both mother and kid are in Canada, came from US for dropbox submission. Mother H4 application also submitted along with kids dropbox application. Both are stating in a hotel and waiting visa approval.
Father(h1) is not eligible for dropb box. He also came to Canada and staying with family (on vacation).
Included all i94s all i797s, copy of expired visa of both parents with kids dropbox docs
This will create a problem?
Should be fine.
They just need principal applicant's I797 and I94 as others are dependents of this document. But fine either way as it points to one principal record..
I dont know what you mean by "All I94". I thought both H4 are not in status.

I assume that H1 came to canada while H4 is being applied for family members. So H1 needs to reenter US within a month if H4 takes longer.

Nil007

Mar 5, 2022
Hello,
As per the questionnaire, me (PR holder - H1B) & my wife (PR holder - H4) would be eligible for Canada Dropbox but my son is 2.5 years old, was born in Canada. As per the questionnaire, as this is his first visa in any category, so will he have to go for in-person interview or there is any criteria or anyway we can submit his documents for dropbox too? Appreciate your insight or direction on this. Thank you!!