+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2022

kafepoche

Sep 30, 2021
Is there a way we can access the info submitted in the expression of interest?

Do you know if I would have had to mention the use of any co-sponsor at that point? I'm trying to remember if I mentioned my husband as co-sponsor and whether I can still add him as co-sponsor now if I didn't before?
I still keep a copy of the interest to sponsor. Co-signer was not mentioned anywhere. feel free to add if your spouse agrees.

Reactions: fordori

winnipeg2013

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
Any other option to bring parents here? other than PGP/Super Visa? I got small kids and going through the medical treatment which required parents support for years to look after kids..any suggestions are highly appreciated.

dpatel08

Aug 15, 2017
Perfect, thanks. I'm okay even without my husband but definitely feel more comfortable with the extra margin.

Yea better to add co-signer even if you don't need them to qualify . With recession coming our way you never know what happens to our job .
I fee like I am unlucky.. waiting for the invitation from the last 6 years..
I can feel your pain bro i waited for 5 years to get selected this year . All my friend who came after me got their PGP approved and their family are here . We stayed in Canada for so long but they never take in to account the number of years we paid taxes and new people getting all immigration done so quick I feel so unlucky too :/

alexpolis007

Star Member
Aug 20, 2020
Yea better to add co-signer even if you don't need them to qualify . With recession coming our way you never know what happens to our job .

I can feel your pain bro i waited for 5 years to get selected this year . All my friend who came after me got their PGP approved and their family are here . We stayed in Canada for so long but they never take in to account the number of years we paid taxes and new people getting all immigration done so quick I feel so unlucky too :/
same bro... been living in Canada for almost 9yrs now.. my folks have almost given up hope :)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Any other option to bring parents here? other than PGP/Super Visa? I got small kids and going through the medical treatment which required parents support for years to look after kids..any suggestions are highly appreciated.
A supervisa was created for things like this. They can visit for 5 years with a 2 year extension as long as they can get supervisa insurance every year. They should be able to do all the things you mention while on a supervisa. Actually looks like they may already be in Canada on a supervisa.

Last edited:

dpatel08

Aug 15, 2017
same bro... been living in Canada for almost 9yrs now.. my folks have almost given up hope :)
yea me too i am living here for last 12 years and before i was not making enough money so never qualified and when i qualify it become a lottery system so i never got invitation until now :/

dpatel08

Aug 15, 2017
A supervisa was created for things like this. They can visit for 5 years with a 2 year extension as long as they can get supervisa insurance every year. They should be able to do all the things you mention while on a supervisa. Actually looks like they may already be in Canada on a supervisa.
insurance is super expensive Specially if they have any pre existing condition like heart issue or some thing else

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
insurance is super expensive Specially if they have any pre existing condition like heart issue or some thing else
That’s because many on supervisa use the insurance and are older so the cost is higher. Much less than a 100k bill from the hospital.

citizenshipcanada

Sep 1, 2011
That’s because many on supervisa use the insurance and are older so the cost is higher. Much less than a 100k bill from the hospital.
at 100% with what @canuck78 mentioned

montreal mcgill hospital for none resident

Emergency room : $ 700
Daily Ward : $ 4120
intensive care : $ 12270

the cost for supervisa seniors could be between 2500 to 5000 ( here im talking about the case of a relative being 84 years old ) yearly if not more depending on the age and pre existing and yes even companies , the law changed i think as the whole amount should be paid ,one advantage though is that should you cancel part of the total will be reimbursed .

Last edited:

happyCanadian

Sep 30, 2021
Reposting this for more visibility

I know this is not serious, but just trying to be cautious and not giving IRCC to delay/return our applicant.

When trying to name the file, say birth certificate to prove relationship between sponsor and the principal applicant, which makes more sense

Lastname_Sponsor - Firstname_Sponsor - Birth certificate of the Sponsor

OR

Lastname_Sponsor - Firstname_Sponsor - Proof of relationship between principal applicant and sponsor

sch93

Star Member
Oct 15, 2022
I still keep a copy of the interest to sponsor. Co-signer was not mentioned anywhere. feel free to add if your spouse agrees.
Hello, since you kept the copy of interest to sponsor form....would you be able to please check whether there was any mention of primary applicant and dependant? I can't remember if this was specified. Thanks in advance.

dpatel08

Aug 15, 2017
Reposting this for more visibility

I know this is not serious, but just trying to be cautious and not giving IRCC to delay/return our applicant.

When trying to name the file, say birth certificate to prove relationship between sponsor and the principal applicant, which makes more sense

Lastname_Sponsor - Firstname_Sponsor - Birth certificate of the Sponsor

OR

Lastname_Sponsor - Firstname_Sponsor - Proof of relationship between principal applicant and sponsor
I think they have only recommended the format of the file name . i used Last Name Sponsor First Name Sponsor - Birth Certificate . I dont think they can reject the file just because the name of the file is not according to their recommendation . As long as you have included all the required document and indicated that on the check list they will know that you have submitted it :)

Reactions: happyCanadian

winnipeg2013

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
For older parents it is hard to get medical insurance or very expensive