+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2022

kafepoche

Sep 30, 2021
Hi, I got an invite for my parents Monday 17, I wanted to find out is there any preference in regards to the particular occupation for the parent. Any NOC that is more preferred ? Any CV tips for parents?
Noc not needed. Parents are not assessed on their merits. Sponsor will be assessed for the financial ability to support the parents for the coming 20 yrs undertaking. IRCC will look at sponsor's income from 2019-2021.
The key is not to leave any gaps since 18 yrs old. Just a simple one will suffice. Additional forms may be asked later for any government/military positions. IMO, CV for PGP is used for background checks.
This is the format I used:
Profile: Name, DOB, UCi
Working experience: From mm/yyyy to mm/yyyy Company name/job title/one line description
Education: From mm/yyyy to mm/yyyy School name/degree obtained(or not finished)

Last edited:
Reactions: Salomey and YVR123

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi, I got an invite for my parents Monday 17, I wanted to find out is there any preference in regards to the particular occupation for the parent. Any NOC that is more preferred ? Any CV tips for parents?
This is similar to spousal sponsorship. The ability of spouse or parents are NOT important.
They want history of the PA and dependents so they can do the background check. (NOC is not relevant). Just put job title, summary of duty (high level) and name, address and contact of company (if still exist).
They also don't care of your parents' language skill.

Reactions: Salomey

fordori

Star Member
Nov 18, 2016
Is there a way we can access the info submitted in the expression of interest?

Do you know if I would have had to mention the use of any co-sponsor at that point? I'm trying to remember if I mentioned my husband as co-sponsor and whether I can still add him as co-sponsor now if I didn't before?

immg.applicant

Oct 8, 2020
This is similar to spousal sponsorship. The ability of spouse or parents are NOT important.
They want history of the PA and dependents so they can do the background check. (NOC is not relevant). Just put job title, summary of duty (high level) and name, address and contact of company (if still exist).
They also don't care of your parents' language skill.
do we need to specify different job titles held within the same company?
My mom worked for the same organization till she retired and she doesn't remember the months when she got promotions during her tenure.

citizenshipcanada

Sep 1, 2011
do we need to specify different job titles held within the same company?
My mom worked for the same organization till she retired and she doesn't remember the months when she got promotions during her tenure.
be as close as she can remember and remember to keep a copy of everything that you fill .

Midwest

Star Member
Aug 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-26-2012
File Transfer...
09-12-2012
Med's Done....
06-04-2012
Passport Req..
02-05-2013
For the CV for the parents: if there is time when the parents was unemployed (few months here and there), do we need to include it in the CV? People do not usually include unemployment time in their CVs unless they were receiving education or volunteering. Is this right?

immg.applicant

Oct 8, 2020
For the CV for the parents: if there is time when the parents was unemployed (few months here and there), do we need to include it in the CV? People do not usually include unemployment time in their CVs unless they were receiving education or volunteering. Is this right?
I am mentioning the unemployment period as well to match it with the personal history. Not taking any chances.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Is there a way we can access the info submitted in the expression of interest?

Do you know if I would have had to mention the use of any co-sponsor at that point? I'm trying to remember if I mentioned my husband as co-sponsor and whether I can still add him as co-sponsor now if I didn't before?
You should be able to add a co-sponsor no matter what. What is important is that your personal information and the number of people you are sponsoring match up.

Reactions: fordori

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I fee like I am unlucky.. waiting for the invitation from the last 6 years..
Unfortunately people are under the impression that they will get parent sponsorship and parent sponsorship after 3 years total (since people don’t seem to read the requirements before applying) or 3 years of qualifying. The reality is much different. All parents will never all be able to be sponsored and a large proportion wait 5-10 years of meeting LICO to get selected. I which the real timeline and the much higher demand versus the number of spots was made clear on the IRCC website and in general to anyone thinking of immigrating. Some people who immigrate are under the impression that parent sponsorship is guaranteed and may not have immigrated anywhere (most countries don’t allow family sponsorship with access to healthcare) if they knew they likely would never be able to sponsor a parent.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
IRCC is asking access only for last three years income proof immediately on the date you submitted the application, not on date of submitting interest form. So there is not a question now for 2018 or 2017 income requirement, that would be an issue if someone got invitation last year or previous year.

These are some contents copied from CIC website:

If you’re invited to apply, you have to provide proof that you meet the income requirements for each of the 3 tax years before the date you apply.

We can’t assess whether you meet the income requirements until you apply (if you’re invited).

Note: For the 2022 process, we’ll assess sponsors on their income for tax years 2021, 2020 and 2019.
To qualify to be part of the 2020 pool you had to meet LICO for 2017, 2018 and 2019. Many have missed out on 3 years of draws (2020-2022) because they didn’t meet LICO for 2017, 2018 and/or 2019. If you didn’t qualify for one of these years you shouldn’t have been in the pool of applicants who have been selected in 2020, 2021 and 2022. So yes IRCC could look at your income from 2017, 2018 and 2019 and determine you should have never applied in 2020.