rajwinder111

Mar 1, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Got Invite from IRCC.But both Parents' passports are expired as I gave up all the hope. Was trying for last 11 years. Tried to renew the parents' passports but got on a waiting list for renewal.
Can I send IRCC the Expired passport photocopies? As the Processing time is 37 months, by then the Paasorts will be renewed.
Also, i did not put my Grandma's info when i submit Interest to Sponsor. Can I Add her now when i send the application for my parents? Thankyou everyone.
You can’t apply PGP application with expired passport document . It has to be valid at the time of applying . Get priority base passport renewal appointment. There should be a way . I believe you can’t add more family member as of now because you already gave them name of people at the time of sending interests .

Reactions: Nishiminami

Indian applicant

Jun 29, 2014
Today I received invitation for my parents in the morning. Email subject says - Parents and Grandparents Program Invitation / L’invitation à présenter une demande dans le cadre du Programme des parents et des grands-parents - CPCM / CTDM ODXXXXX
Thanks. That subject line helps. Also making sure to check spam folder too.

Nishiminami

Star Member
Jan 26, 2019
You can’t apply PGP application with expired passport document . It has to be valid at the time of applying . Get priority base passport renewal appointment. There should be a way . I believe you can’t add more family member as of now because you already gave them name of people at the time of sending interests .
Thankyou Dear.

Geochaddy

Star Member
Jun 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Mexico
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2013 at BIQ Montreal
Nomination.....
12-12-2014 CSQ received
AOR Received.
05-06-2013
File Transfer...
April 15 file received at BIQ Mexico
Interview........
Waived
Anyone figure out how to sign on Q8 and Q16 of IMM5768, if we are consenting IRCC to access our tax information from CRA?

The guide suggest to sing electronically as below:

type your social insurance number (SIN) and electronically sign and date the statement to give IRCC consent to collect your SIN to ask for your income tax information from the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) for the 3 years immediately before the date of the application. Your tax information will be used to determine if you meet the income requirements) to sponsor a parent or grandparent.

But we cannot type anything in the signature area in these questions.
I saved the document as pdf and the add the e-signatures.

Reactions: happyCanadian

daviddc001

Sep 25, 2020
HI everyone, a question for you all.

On the 5771 checklist, it didn't ask for anything like original country's national identity card, or family booklet. (for my parents)
but meanwhile I also heard people from previous applications were providing it or it could be asked from the immigration officer in about a year after submission.
Any idea why it's not on the checklist? and shall I provide it now or only when they asked for it? and do they always ask for it?
My parents are in China if it makes anything different.

Thank you all in advance.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
:(
That means they fill the spots?
Im for waiting for 7 yrs to get picked. I don’t get it In what base they has selected the candidates . Unqualified people they are selecting and rejecting.
some priority base they need to consider.
my parents are already old. so frustrating.
Just because people on the forum didn’t get an invite doesn’t mean that nobody got an invite but we are reaching the end of the invitation period so it can stop at any time. Would wait until the weekend to determine if you haven’t gotten selected. Unfortunately not everyone will get selected though.

Reactions: Nithyasuba

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You can’t apply for one parent. You must apply for both. The eligibility requirements are clearly stated - you must meet LICO for 3 years. You don’t apply if you don’t meet LICO. Go ahead and apply and see what happens. Just so you know if the program opens next year or the year after, and your file is still being reviewed for not meeting LICO, you can reapply.
think you mean can’t reapply

citizenshipcanada

Sep 1, 2011
Yes, you may sponsor more than one person if you want to.

If you are invited to apply, you can sponsor your parents and grandparents.

To do so, you will need to submit separate applications for each person (or couple) you sponsor. they will process each application separately.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
OMG, that means people should give up not applying without meeting LICO even though people get an invitation? If people still want to try but refused, IRCC just make money on the application fees...
The instructions are very clear. When you applied in 2020 you had to meet LICO for 2017, 2018 and 2019. It sounds like you didn’t meet LICO for any of those years so should have never applied in 2020 because you didn’t qualify. Assume IRCC may look back to see if you should have ever made it into the 2020 pool as well as look at your income for 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023. They kept on selecting from the 2020 pool to benefit those who had qualified for at least 5+ years to prioritize the applicants who have qualified since 2017 but often longer. You wonder why IRCC accepts 23k applicants accepting only 15k to qualify and this is why. Most people who didn’t qualify in 2020 didn’t apply and followed the rule so why should those breaking the rules get rewarded?

immg.applicant

Oct 8, 2020
Sorry for asking so many questions, I am trying to find the answers in the guide and online but can't get the information.

So, I do not have my father's death certificate and it seems that it won't be possible to get it re-issued, does anyone know any solution for this scenario?
Anyone has any information about it? It would be very helpful if someone can share any information?

happyCanadian

Sep 30, 2021
Anyone has any information about it? It would be very helpful if someone can share any information?
I do not have experience with this kind of situation but there is a section (see below for an excerpt) in the guide which might be useful in your case. Try to gather document that might be useful to prove passing away of your father. One example of such, if applicable, is transfer of property/savings/pension to your mother/you/sibling. Think about other document/s that prove/s directly or indirectly that your father passed away. If you can not provide any document, explain why you do not have any.

What documents are required?
Use the Document Checklist [IMM 5771] (PDF, 4.09 MB) to ensure you submit all the required documentation listed in the checklist.

Incomplete applications will be returned through the Permanent Residence Portal. For your application to be considered complete you must include

• all the information asked for on the online forms from you, the sponsor
  • the forms completed by the principal applicant, and
  • all supporting documents we ask for
All documents required for a complete application must be submitted together, at the same time for each set of parents and grandparents you are sponsoring.

Important: If you can’t provide one or more documents required on the document checklist, you must provide a written explanation for each missing document so your application is not delayed in processing or returned to you as incomplete. You must also provide any other evidence or documents you have available to satisfy the requirement. Upload them as the document type that was asked for.
It’s helpful to include any proof that you applied to get supporting documents (for example, a marriage certificate payment receipt). The officer processing your application will contact you if they need more information.

Reactions: immg.applicant