+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2022

kafepoche

Sep 30, 2021
Not yet… i did not see anyone claiming to receive invitation since Oct 18th. I wish they will send us something good today. Waiting from 2015 for that one email.
last year they were sending invites until the last day of the two week period, if my memory serves right.

kafepoche

Sep 30, 2021
HI everyone, a question for you all.

On the 5771 checklist, it didn't ask for anything like original country's national identity card, or family booklet. (for my parents)
but meanwhile I also heard people from previous applications were providing it or it could be asked from the immigration officer in about a year after submission.
Any idea why it's not on the checklist? and shall I provide it now or only when they asked for it? and do they always ask for it?
My parents are in China if it makes anything different.

Thank you all in advance.
these civil documents are country specific. the vo will request later on case by case, when they move on to reviewing eligibility of PA and dependants. right now just provide what is on the checklist. if you have any documents you think might help, you can upload as well.

wizardofwest90210

Star Member
Oct 18, 2022
You can’t apply for one parent. You must apply for both. The eligibility requirements are clearly stated - you must meet LICO for 3 years. You don’t apply if you don’t meet LICO. Go ahead and apply and see what happens. Just so you know if the program opens next year or the year after, and your file is still being reviewed for not meeting LICO, you can reapply.
Can you update your file with new income from the 2022 tax returns
If you do apply while not meeting income for 2019 and they may look back at 2018 and 2017 income and consider whether you just disregarded all the income requirements in 2020. You won’t be able to reapply until this is resolved so you risk waiting years to see if you are approved H&C reasons. There is a good chance you get denied so waste around 3 years not reapplying. There isa reason that they accept 23k application but they on,y think that this will result in 15k applications being accepted.
Thank you for your thoughts on this. It is very helpful. For not meeting 2019, and noting they probably will take more than one year to process the application, will they do a reassessment of financial capacity later to invite two parents? In which case, will they require 2022 Tax statement and therefore I would be above the requirements.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

Thank you for your thoughts on this. It is very helpful. For not meeting 2019, and noting they probably will take more than one year to process the application, will they do a reassessment of financial capacity later to invite two parents? In which case, will they require 2022 Tax statement and therefore I would be above the requirements.
IRCC will not reassess based on 2002 income. The current PGP intake are for income in the years 2019-2021.

Aryan2015

Star Member
Feb 28, 2015
The instructions are very clear. When you applied in 2020 you had to meet LICO for 2017, 2018 and 2019. It sounds like you didn’t meet LICO for any of those years so should have never applied in 2020 because you didn’t qualify. Assume IRCC may look back to see if you should have ever made it into the 2020 pool as well as look at your income for 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023. They kept on selecting from the 2020 pool to benefit those who had qualified for at least 5+ years to prioritize the applicants who have qualified since 2017 but often longer. You wonder why IRCC accepts 23k applicants accepting only 15k to qualify and this is why. Most people who didn’t qualify in 2020 didn’t apply and followed the rule so why should those breaking the rules get rewarded?
IRCC is asking access only for last three years income proof immediately on the date you submitted the application, not on date of submitting interest form. So there is not a question now for 2018 or 2017 income requirement, that would be an issue if someone got invitation last year or previous year.

These are some contents copied from CIC website:

If you’re invited to apply, you have to provide proof that you meet the income requirements for each of the 3 tax years before the date you apply.

We can’t assess whether you meet the income requirements until you apply (if you’re invited).

Note: For the 2022 process, we’ll assess sponsors on their income for tax years 2021, 2020 and 2019.

Last edited:

sababx

Feb 15, 2017
Calgary
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
IRCC is asking access only for last three years income proof immediately on the date you submitted the application, not on date of submitting interest form. So there is not a question now for 2018 or 2017 income requirement, that would be an issue if someone got invitation last year or previous year.

These are some contents copied from CIC website:

If you’re invited to apply, you have to provide proof that you meet the income requirements for each of the 3 tax years before the date you apply.

We can’t assess whether you meet the income requirements until you apply (if you’re invited).

Note: For the 2022 process, we’ll assess sponsors on their income for tax years 2021, 2020 and 2019.
Yes!

I put my name in 2020 for my dad, got selected in 2021. Used 2018, 2019 and 2020 income!

Salomey

Jun 26, 2017
Hi, I got an invite for my parents Monday 17, I wanted to find out is there any preference in regards to the particular occupation for the parent. Any NOC that is more preferred ? Any CV tips for parents?

Reactions: Greninja

punjabiguy

Feb 10, 2015
*Tomorrow is last day for Invitation as same thing was last year....seems like not really people rec'd any invitation since yesterday...... last day tom and usually in afternoon they update on twitter handle that PGP 2022 IS CLOSED....same gona happen tom as welll*

Reactions: abrakadabra

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, they need to continue meeting the LICO (2022 and beyond) until the parents landed and became PR.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

You need to meet LICO for 2019 regardless of how long is takes to process the application. LICO must cover both of your parents.