+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2022

mohsin.ipr

Jun 24, 2011
You can co-sign to meet LICO for the total number of people in your family including her parents. No impact on the application as you are co-signing and agreeing to the 20-year financial commitment.
Thanks for your response. I have also sponsored my parents in past. they are the permanent resident now. should i be including my parents in the head count? meaning me, me wife, my two kids and my parents . Total 6 people and now two parents in law. meaning i have to meeting the requirement for a family of 8? :rolleyes:

mohsin.ipr

Jun 24, 2011
I just checked the LICO requirements

Total = 8 people
Me, My Wife, My two Kids, My mom and dad (previously sponsored and now immigrants), father-in-law & mother-in-law.

2021 = $ 77,054
2020 = $ 75,583
2019 = $ 96,048

Ouch for 2019.....

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for your response. I have also sponsored my parents in past. they are the permanent resident now. should i be including my parents in the head count? meaning me, me wife, my two kids and my parents . Total 6 people and now two parents in law. meaning i have to meeting the requirement for a family of 8? :rolleyes:
Yes, you are financially responsible for your parents so part of total. . See the link.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1460&top=14

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes, that's right. You need to meet LICO for 8.

Nishiminami

Star Member
Jan 26, 2019
Hi Everyone,
Can you add Grandparent(s) to the Application, after you receive an Invitation. Eventhough you have not included the Grandparents when you submitted the Request for Invitation Form. Thankyou everyone.

immg.applicant

Oct 8, 2020
Hi Everyone,
Can you add Grandparent(s) to the Application, after you receive an Invitation. Eventhough you have not included the Grandparents when you submitted the Request for Invitation Form. Thankyou everyone.
No, you cannot. You can only sponsor parent(s) for whom the interest to sponsor form was submitted.

Reactions: Nishiminami

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi Everyone,
No you would have submitted an interest to sponsor for your parents and another one for your grandparents. It is possible to receive invites for both submissions if you did it at the time.

Reactions: Nishiminami

Nishiminami

Star Member
Jan 26, 2019
Hi Guys, I have a question, I was unable to meet the income requirement in 2019 due to a change in my career, but 2020 & 2021 income is pretty good. Is it a reject or can we write something in explanation reuesting for approval.
You can send an email or Letter explaining your situation. If its genuine, they will listen. Give it a try. Stay Positive. REMEMBER......You are here on the general Forums for FREE help and having a general idea in a pickle you are in. If you really serious about the Application and you think you are stuck, loose some change and find a good Immigration Lawyer. There are lots.

Reactions: wizardofwest90210

wizardofwest90210

Star Member
Oct 18, 2022
You can send an email or Letter explaining your situation. If its genuine, they will listen. Give it a try. Stay Positive. REMEMBER......You are here on the general Forums for FREE help and having a general idea in a pickle you are in. If you really serious about the Application and you think you are stuck, loose some change and find a good Immigration Lawyer. There are lots.
I have the same issue, my 2019 is falling short but my 2020 and 2021 is well above and so will my 2022 be above requirements. Its just that darned 2019 income! =./

Yyz1

Oct 13, 2022
My date of birth certifate doesn't have my last name but all my education documents have it. Will that be a issue?

Indian applicant

Jun 29, 2014
At the time of submitting the interest to sponsor form, I was a permanent resident, but now I am a citizen.
What status document shall I upload?

In the guide, it says, upload the exact same status document as I did while submitting interest to sponsor, but then it also says to use the updated information.

Shall I include both my Canadian passport as well as PR card and mention it in the letter of explanation?

Indian applicant

Jun 29, 2014
Hello Everyone,
I got invitation last week. I am way above income requirements. My question is, I contributed 35000$ towards RRSP in 2021. Therefore it counts as deduction from total income for tax purposes. Will it affect my income requirements?
Max contribution in a year is 18% of gross of last year and not exceed the room mentioned in the NOA. You cannot arbitrarily contribute to RRSP. Consult an Tax expert to re-file or rectify your situation. I am not certain how it will affect or not affect your PGP requirements.