+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2022

immg.applicant

Oct 8, 2020
For IMM0008, my mom is staying with me and she is on super visa, is Canada the correct answer for Current Country of Residence and what will be the From and To dates for it?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi All,

I recently received invitation to apply PR for my parents.
I have a quick question, if I am married and my partner is not co-signing, do I need to include his information to the forms?
I am talking about 5409 form in specifically.

Thanks in advance.
Yes. if that's your common law partner, his information should be in 5409.
(that form doesn't ask about co-sign)

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Thank you for quick response.

Do I need to add travel details for brothers. ?

I know that I need to add their details in the family information section.
Your brother only needed to be in the additional family information of PA (your mother)
IMM 5406

krishvivi

Star Member
Mar 10, 2021
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
22-02-2021
Thanks a lot for the reply. It really helped. One quick question though, when they asked to scan all the page of passports, does that mean blank pages, notice, notes as well or just pages with bio information, visas, stamps, etc?
I just submitted all the pages( pg1 to end) included all the balnk pages,stamps,visas etcc

Reactions: happyCanadian

wizardofwest90210

Star Member
Oct 18, 2022
Hello friends! Wanted to send in an application after invitation to apply for Parents/GP.

1. So if I am applying for parents, I believe I will have to use the 3 people I will be responsible for (me and 2 parents).

2. While I easily go well above the 2020 and 2021 income requirements for 3 people, I do not meet the 2019 by 5000 CAD. What do you recommend I do? For e.g., does the higher than LICO 2020 and 2021 income apply for 2019's 5000 CAD gap? Is there any way this can be included? or for e.g., the 2022 income received thus far, or current employment record for 2022?

3. By the time the application is completed and sent, and during processing, the 2022 tax returns will be ready and that will definitely be higher. I am assume that can be added to application to help support the 2019 lower income? In reality, its most important what the current income looks like than the past.

4. If none of that is reasonable to expect, do I just apply for one parent instead? That way the 2019 lower income is not an issue, because now its just 2 people responsibility. How do I go about doing that? I was thinking that doesn't that application already require the 1 parent to say he/she is dependent on the other and so they both apply together anyway?

It is a bit upsetting at the moment, so any advice would be greatly appreciated. (Super visa has already been applied for and I am now waiting for last few months)

Much appreciated!

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello friends! Wanted to send in an application after invitation to apply for Parents/GP.

1. So if I am applying for parents, I believe I will have to use the 3 people I will be responsible for (me and 2 parents).

2. While I easily go well above the 2020 and 2021 income requirements for 3 people, I do not meet the 2019 by 5000 CAD. What do you recommend I do? For e.g., does the higher than LICO 2020 and 2021 income apply for 2019's 5000 CAD gap? Is there any way this can be included? or for e.g., the 2022 income received thus far, or current employment record for 2022?

3. By the time the application is completed and sent, and during processing, the 2022 tax returns will be ready and that will definitely be higher. I am assume that can be added to application to help support the 2019 lower income? In reality, its most important what the current income looks like than the past.

4. If none of that is reasonable to expect, do I just apply for one parent instead? That way the 2019 lower income is not an issue, because now its just 2 people responsibility. How do I go about doing that? I was thinking that doesn't that application already require the 1 parent to say he/she is dependent on the other and so they both apply together anyway?

It is a bit upsetting at the moment, so any advice would be greatly appreciated. (Super visa has already been applied for and I am now waiting for last few months)

Much appreciated!
2. I recommend you to NOT apply since you do not meet the income requirement for 2019
3. The income requirement is for the past 3 years before the application. It was pretty clear. And they do not take average or ignore previous years before your current year is making higher income
4. You cannot apply for 1 parent.

Reactions: Naturgrl

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

Much appreciated!
You are not eligible. You must meet LICO for 3 years…no exceptions. 2022 NOA is not considered. And you can’t just sponsor one parent.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Much appreciated!
If you don't meet the LICO for 2019, then don't bother to apply.

immg.applicant

Oct 8, 2020
Sorry for asking so many questions, I am trying to find the answers in the guide and online but can't get the information.

So, I do not have my father's death certificate and it seems that it won't be possible to get it re-issued, does anyone know any solution for this scenario?