+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2022

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi All
Received the PGP invite today. Long awaited.

But i have a situation , I am Canadian PR holder living in Canada for last 7 years. Me and my wife both have job in Canada and own a house(Primary Residence in Canada and pay all taxes.
I came to visit my parents in India after 3 years(COVID times :( )
I got the Invitation for PGP2022 while i was in India with deadline to submit by Dec 24, 2022.

Can i submit the PGP application while I am in India or I have to be physically present in Canada to submit the application ?

I read in the Guide-5772
Note: Sponsor Residency Declaration
You must be living in Canada in order to submit a sponsorship application for your parents and grandparents.
How long have you been outside Canada?

bubblefloosh

Sep 14, 2021
Got an invite for my parents on Oct 14! The invite code was 9C*****-**

When I am going through the application process, i have some questions if someone can help:
1. The application checklist says it needs the photo at the beginning of the process. But I hear photos are only requested when sending the passport. Which way is recommended?
2. I am filling out the application for my parents since they don't speak english. Do i still need to fill out the representative form additionally?

Reactions: jessiezhai

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Everyone,

I posted this separately but didn't receive any feedback, hoping it gets viewed here.

"After 6 years of waiting, I finally received the email today informing me that I finally can apply to sponsor my mother. I have two situations and questions I would like to ask. Hopping the more experienced fellas can help me sort out.

1. From excitement I accidentally signed up for the Representative Permanent Residence (PR) Portal instead of the Permanent Residence Portal. I used the email that I received the invitation on and now I am unable to use the same email to log in or to sign up to the Permanent Residence Portal. I ended up signing up for the Permanent Residence Portal using a different email address than the one the invitation was sent to. Do you guys think this will cause any issues?

2. My mother currently holds a visitor's visa that is valid until 2024. She also has been living with us in Canada since 2020 and she plans to continue to live with us. I am filling IMM 0008 and trying to answer the Current country of residence section. Do I use her original residence "Lebanon" or our current address in Canada?"

Thank you in advance
She is visiting you. You can try to extend her visitor status in Canada. A visa that expires in 2024 doesn’t mean she can remain until 2024. She will have to try and extend her visitor status to determine if she can remain during the PGP processing.

kafepoche

Sep 30, 2021
How to write the name in native language on additional family information Imm5406 as form is all online .

Secondly As my parents live in Australia on temporary visa and they will continue to live there but they are indian citizen so what will be there current country of residence
1. copy and paste from a text editor to finish this form online. I would recommend upload a hand-written copy(type everything, print out, write name in native language, then scan it) of 5406 and a letter of explanation if you want to lower the chance of being asked to resubmit this form later. You don't know what they will see on the other side of the portal, especially for native language. the display might be gibberish.

2. it's australia as you described. Visitor or not, the country of residence depends on how long they have been and will be living in the country. Mailing address is for contacts and can be different.

Yyz1

Oct 13, 2022
1. copy and paste from a text editor to finish this form online. I would recommend upload a hand-written copy(type everything, print out, write name in native language, then scan it) of 5406 and a letter of explanation if you want to lower the chance of being asked to resubmit this form later. You don't know what they will see on the other side of the portal, especially for native language. the display might be gibberish.

2. it's australia as you described. Visitor or not, the country of residence depends on how long they have been and will be living in the country. Mailing address is for contacts and can be different.
They have been on Australia since May and will continue to live for indefinite time.They are on visitor visa.

sababx

Feb 15, 2017
Calgary
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
Do we know how many have been invited so far and whats left of it? And is the deadline really the 26th?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Do we know how many have been invited so far and whats left of it? And is the deadline really the 26th?
The government most likely isn’t going to give a daily or weekly update on the number of invitations. They will invite up to 23,000 and then it will close in other week.

citizenshipcanada

Sep 1, 2011
Yes but there are still some deductions that may need to be made.
  • ( AS per IRCC )
  • subtract any income that must be excluded
    • provincial payments for an instruction or training program
    • social assistance from a province
    • payments from the Government of Canada under a resettlement assistance program
    • regular Employment Insurance earnings (for 2018 and 2019 tax years)
    • Old Age Security payments

isingh9

Aug 28, 2017
How long have you been outside Canada?
I am living in Canada for last 7 years. I came to India for vacation for 4 months as my parents are not well. I intend to go back in Jan 2023.
Application Deadline is 24 Dec 2022
I am working from home and my primary residence is in Canada and i am paying all taxes.
Can I submit the application while I am in India ? Or I have to go back to canada to submit the application ?
Since application is submitted by Primary Applicant (My Father) along with my sponsership documents.

Suggestions ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am living in Canada for last 7 years. I came to India for vacation for 4 months as my parents are not well. I intend to go back in Jan 2023.
Application Deadline is 24 Dec 2022
I am working from home and my primary residence is in Canada and i am paying all taxes.
Can I submit the application while I am in India ? Or I have to go back to canada to submit the application ?
Since application is submitted by Primary Applicant (My Father) along with my sponsership documents.

Suggestions ?
If your primary residence is Canada and you have an address/taxes in Canada then yes you can apply from India.