+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2022

isingh9

Aug 28, 2017
Hi All
Received the PGP invite today. Long awaited.

But i have a situation , I am Canadian PR holder living in Canada for last 7 years. Me and my wife both have job in Canada and own a house(Primary Residence in Canada and pay all taxes.
I came to visit my parents in India after 3 years(COVID times :( )
I got the Invitation for PGP2022 while i was in India with deadline to submit by Dec 24, 2022.

Can i submit the PGP application while I am in India or I have to be physically present in Canada to submit the application ?

I read in the Guide-5772
Note: Sponsor Residency Declaration
You must be living in Canada in order to submit a sponsorship application for your parents and grandparents.

Hi All
Received the PGP invite today. Long awaited.

But i have a situation , I am Canadian PR holder living in Canada for last 7 years. Me and my wife both have job in Canada and own a house(Primary Residence in Canada and pay all taxes.
I came to visit my parents in India after 3 years(COVID times :( )
I got the Invitation for PGP2022 while i was in India with deadline to submit by Dec 24, 2022.

Can i submit the PGP application while I am in India or I have to be physically present in Canada to submit the application ?

I read in the Guide-5772
Note: Sponsor Residency Declaration
You must be living in Canada in order to submit a sponsorship application for your parents and grandparents.
As long as your primary residence is Canada (and you're only visiting India temporarily), it should be okay, imo. That line doesn't say "physically in Canada" - it's only talking about "living" aka primary residency.

Ruhi123

Star Member
Jun 21, 2012
Excerpt from the notice read as below - so, in theory, we might get email from today onwards till Oct 21.

This week, IRCC will begin sending invitations to apply to 23,100 interested potential sponsors—enough to make sure we receive our goal of 15,000 applications. Invitations will be sent over the course of 2 weeks.
Received last week, applied in 2020.

Seen12

Star Member
Feb 16, 2017
Hi Everyone,

I posted this separately but didn't receive any feedback, hoping it gets viewed here.

"After 6 years of waiting, I finally received the email today informing me that I finally can apply to sponsor my mother. I have two situations and questions I would like to ask. Hopping the more experienced fellas can help me sort out.

1. From excitement I accidentally signed up for the Representative Permanent Residence (PR) Portal instead of the Permanent Residence Portal. I used the email that I received the invitation on and now I am unable to use the same email to log in or to sign up to the Permanent Residence Portal. I ended up signing up for the Permanent Residence Portal using a different email address than the one the invitation was sent to. Do you guys think this will cause any issues?

2. My mother currently holds a visitor's visa that is valid until 2024. She also has been living with us in Canada since 2020 and she plans to continue to live with us. I am filling IMM 0008 and trying to answer the Current country of residence section. Do I use her original residence "Lebanon" or our current address in Canada?"

Thank you in advance

immg.applicant

Oct 8, 2020
Hey Everyone, I got the invite today :)
The problem is that I don't remember if I included a co-signer when submitting the form back in 2020. Can someone please suggest if I should include a co-signer or not when submitting the application? (my income alone is sufficient to meet the minimum requirement). The dilemma is that if I mentioned a co-signer back in 2020 and do not include it now while submitting the application, would it have any bearing on the application?

Also, if my spouse goes on maternity leave, will her reduced pay lead to us getting ineligible in terms of income requirements?

regalkp123

Star Member
Apr 12, 2021
Hi All,

I recently received invitation to apply PR for my parents.
I have a quick question, if I am married and my partner is not co-signing, do I need to include his information to the forms?
I am talking about 5409 form in specifically.

Thanks in advance.

citizenshipcanada

Sep 1, 2011
The problem is that I don't remember if I included a co-signer when submitting the form back in 2020. Can someone please suggest if I should include a co-signer or not when submitting the application? (my income alone is sufficient to meet the minimum requirement). The dilemma is that if I mentioned a co-signer back in 2020 and do not include it now while submitting the application, would it have any bearing on the application?

Also, if my spouse goes on maternity leave, will her reduced pay lead to us getting ineligible in terms of income requirements?
Dont need to add a co-signer if your income is enough ,total income is based on the notice of assessment that you receive specifically line 150
and lets reverse the case by saying that you dont work and you want to sponsor your parents in that case if your wife makes enough money to sponsor them she can be a co-signer .

PP2014

Star Member
Nov 26, 2014
Hi All,

I recently received invitation to apply PR for my parents.
I have a quick question, if I am married and my partner is not co-signing, do I need to include his information to the forms?
I am talking about 5409 form in specifically.

Thanks in advance.
Confirmation number please

PP2014

Star Member
Nov 26, 2014

Confirmation number please

lanreade

Apr 22, 2013
Provide details on every other family member not listed above and dependent on you financially, whether they are living with you or not.- Does this mean, I need to add the names of my kids and my parents to that section in IMM 5768?

Filipinay

Star Member
Mar 22, 2012
Oakville, ON
Visa Office......
MANILA
App. Filed.......
13-12-2016
Doc's Request.
14-03-2017
AOR Received.
29-12-2016
File Transfer...
and SA 06-01-2017; BGC In progress: 26-04-2017
Med's Request
Re- Med request 14-03-2017
Med's Done....
30-03-2017 Medical Passed (Re- Med)
Passport Req..
27-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
VOH 03-07-2017
LANDED..........
22-07-2017
I just got the invite today.
Quick question, to be eligible to sponsor, which one do they consider: net or gross family income?
Thank you!