+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

AJ_77

Oct 16, 2020
Hello,

I've received an invitation for my parents. Their passports are expiring next year in May 2025 so I wanted to ask if I should be renewing their passports before submitting my application or should I submit the application with their existing passports that are yet to expire next year. And by doing that how can I submit new passport info if I apply with the old/existing passport?

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: rhmanalili

rhmanalili

Nov 6, 2009
Calgary, AB, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-11-2009
Doc's Request.
19-03-2010
AOR Received.
13-07-2010
Med's Request
28-09-2010 / 27-10-2010
Med's Done....
26-10-2010
Passport Req..
30-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2011
LANDED..........
17-09-2011
Hello,

I've received an invitation for my parents. Their passports are expiring next year in May 2025 so I wanted to ask if I should be renewing their passports before submitting my application or should I submit the application with their existing passports that are yet to expire next year. And by doing that how can I submit new passport info if I apply with the old/existing passport?

Thanks in advance.
I believe you can always provide updates to IRCC for any changes in the documentation required. I would recommend to get their passports renewed at least 6 months before May 2025 then submit this new information to IRCC.

FatemaS

Sep 13, 2017
Just a quick question, just received a medical exam request for my dad and mom application submitted on Dec 2021 but not for my brother. Anyone has any advice? What should I do? Should he do the exam or he has to wait for the request?
They asked for their PCC, completed and submitted on Dec 2023.

rampantbull

Jan 8, 2021
I submitted my parents application in Feb 2021 and it's still in process. Biometrics, medical was done in November 2021. Then they requested details about my father's work experience (police force) in May 2022 with pre-services invitation letter the same month.
Then in August 2022 the file was transferred to New Delhi office. Since then there has been no movement on the application.
My father is retired police officer so can that be the reason for this long delay, and transferring the file to New Delhi in first place?
I understand CIC doing a thorough background check for a former government official, especially in police/military, but is this much delay normal? Anyone is the same boat?

katezhu

Star Member
Mar 7, 2023
I submitted my parents application in Feb 2021 and it's still in process. Biometrics, medical was done in November 2021. Then they requested details about my father's work experience (police force) in May 2022 with pre-services invitation letter the same month.
Then in August 2022 the file was transferred to New Delhi office. Since then there has been no movement on the application.
My father is retired police officer so can that be the reason for this long delay, and transferring the file to New Delhi in first place?
I understand CIC doing a thorough background check for a former government official, especially in police/military, but is this much delay normal? Anyone is the same boat?
I saw a post from 2019 forum as follows:

Hey All, we received PPR this morning.

Application submitted June 19 2019.
Application process began Nov 2019.
1st medical August 2021
2nd medical request Aug 2022.
3rd medical request Feb 2024
Decision Made on ECAS 11 March 2024
Pre Arrival Service Letter 11 March 2024
PPR 15 March 2024
Took almost 5 years for the PR as my father was a police officer in India.
I lost my dad a few months ago, so had to notify IRCC to process only my mother's application.
Took 5 years for the PR, hopefully no one has to go through this stress and agonizing pain that we had to go through!
Good luck everyone

The link is here: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/parents-and-grandparents-sponsorship-2019.611761/page-3772

Hope this is helpful!

Unknown 1234

May 27, 2024
Hello guys
I am applying for my mother in parents and grandparents sponsorship application. I Sponsored my spouse last year and She is now permanent residence and working at a job in Canada.
So while I was filling out Imm 5768 form, there is a ques
No. of person you previously sponsered , whos undertaking is still in effect?
So mu question is should i count my wife in undertaking or not. As she is working at a job

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello guys
I am applying for my mother in parents and grandparents sponsorship application. I Sponsored my spouse last year and She is now permanent residence and working at a job in Canada.
So while I was filling out Imm 5768 form, there is a ques
No. of person you previously sponsered , whos undertaking is still in effect?
So mu question is should i count my wife in undertaking or not. As she is working at a job
btw please post to 2024 PGP instead of PGP 2021...
Your spouse is still in undertaking. It's 3 years from when she landed as PR (or virtually landed with eCOPR).

Not sure how the forms are structured now, Make sure you don't add your spouse twice in the form when you count spouse and undertaking (I think if you count her as undertaking, you don't need to add her in the total number as spouse after that).

btw. It's usually a good thing to add your spouse as co-sponsor if she agrees. It's just in case anything happening while the application is being processed.

lol2021

May 28, 2024
Here's a timeline that may help someone in a similar situation. My parents' application was submitted to the Vancouver office in Nov 2021. The first medical examination took place in Oct 2022. After that, there were no updates until May 2024, when the second medical exam was passed and the opr was issued just two days later.

If you find yourself in a situation where there's no news after medical exam, I would recommend first request IRCC report to inquire about the status of your application and which steps have been completed, as well as those still in progress. Then, it might be helpful to request information from CSIS and CBSA to check if you has been C-check. If the security is still in process, unfortunately, there's not much to do but wait.

In the case of my parents, their files were in CSIS from Nov 2022 until Mar 2024. This is likely the reason for the extended processing time. Wishing you good luck with your application process!

Last edited:

hodari

Mar 28, 2018
Quebec
Here's a timeline that may help someone in a similar situation. My parents' application was submitted to the Vancouver office in Nov 2021. The first medical examination took place in Oct 2022. After that, there were no updates until May 2024, when the second medical exam was passed and the opr was issued just two days later.

If you find yourself in a situation where there's no news after medical exam, I would recommend first request IRCC report to inquire about the status of your application and which steps have been completed, as well as those still in progress. Then, it might be helpful to request information from CSIS and CBSA to check if you has been C-check. If the security is still in process, unfortunately, there's not much to do but wait.

In the case of my parents, their files were in CSIS from Nov 2022 until Mar 2024. This is likely the reason for the extended processing time. Wishing you good luck with your application process!
My parent's application was also submitted to Vancouver office in Nov 2021. For my mom (PA) everything is done, including Eligibility, Medical, Info Sharing, Criminality and Security. For my dad it is the same, except that Security is In Progress since May 2023. I made another ATIP request to CSIS, and found out they sent his file back to IRCC with their recommendation in August 2023. I don't know what IRCC is waiting for since they have had 9 months now to view the recommendation and make a decision.

katezhu

Star Member
Mar 7, 2023

Thank you for sharing your information!
Did your parent have experience in military services or government?

katezhu

Star Member
Mar 7, 2023
My parent's application was also submitted to Vancouver office in Nov 2021. For my mom (PA) everything is done, including Eligibility, Medical, Info Sharing, Criminality and Security. For my dad it is the same, except that Security is In Progress since May 2023. I made another ATIP request to CSIS, and found out they sent his file back to IRCC with their recommendation in August 2023. I don't know what IRCC is waiting for since they have had 9 months now to view the recommendation and make a decision.
Thank you for sharing your information!
Did your parent have experience in military services or government?

hodari

Mar 28, 2018
Quebec
Thank you for your information.
Did you order the notes from CBSA? Is it possible that your case passed through CSIS and maybe still in CBSA checking?
Yes, I believe it is still with CBSA but why do they need so much time to process it? CSIS has already given them a recommendation/advice 10 months ago, what else does CBSA need to make a decision?

When ordering gcms notes, both IRCC and CBSA give me the same info, and security check information is almost completely redacted so I have no idea what is going on.

randamfiles

Jun 2, 2016
I have received an invitation to apply for my parents and grandmother.
1. Do I need to submit application for all three separately, (Father, Mother and Grandmother)?
As I have read and information is confusing, as it suggest to add spouse to primary applicant while I am the one sponsoring My father and mother both.
2. I was going through documents and it is very confusing, how the applicant is supposed to fill IMM 5768 to correctly reflect the total number family members.

I want to make things as clear as possible for the Immigration officer. To avoid confusions