+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

kafepoche

Sep 30, 2021
Hello, I have a question..does principal applicant and dependent get seperate passport requests like if PA is in canada and dependent is back home
Ideally PA in Canada should receive portal invite to finish virtual landing first, and dependants will receive passport request from IRCC office close to home country. "Ideally"...recently there have been a lot of havoc about these separate requests as they are handled by different IRCC teams. On top of that dependants cannot land before PA so the passport request should arrive after PA has finished the process and received eCOPR, so you can expect quite a delay. if dependants have TRV better have them come to Canada to do virtual landing together.

DariaSen

Feb 15, 2015
Hi everyone!

mad a follow up to my previous question:
We got an email for the virtual landing portal while my mom left Canada for a month. Can we wait this month until the end of October, or should she return asap, to finalize her PR?

thank you!

Anshk

Mar 17, 2022
Hey need help here my dad used to work in kuwait he’s retired now from last 7 years living in punjab need apply pcc for kuwait.. don’t know anyone in kuwait. Is anyone know how to apply kuwait pcc from punjab ? Thank you really appreciate your help

citizenshipcanada

Sep 1, 2011
Hey need help here my dad used to work in kuwait he’s retired now from last 7 years living in punjab need apply pcc for kuwait.. don’t know anyone in kuwait. Is anyone know how to apply kuwait pcc from punjab ? Thank you really appreciate your help
On the IRCC site :
If you live in Kuwait:
You must apply in person OR ask a representative (a friend, relative or colleague) in Kuwait, with a power of attorney, to apply on your behalf and bring:
  • The letter from the Embassy of Canada requesting the Good Conduct Certificate
  • One photograph (4 × 6 cm)
  • A copy of your passport and ID card
If you live outside of Kuwait:
You can:
  1. Return to Kuwait and apply in person OR ask a representative (a friend, relative or colleague) in Kuwait, with a power of attorney, to apply on your behalf
  2. Apply at your nearest Kuwaiti Embassy or consulate
You or your representative must bring:
  • Two photographs (4 × 6 cm)
  • Applicable fees
Contact information
Ministry of the Interior
General Department for Criminal Evidence
Department of Identification and Automated Search
Farwaniya-Dhajeej area
Airport Road 55, opposite the Kuwait Airways main building.
Phone: +965 2 434-6101. Fax: +965 2 434-5790.

Anshk

Mar 17, 2022
On the IRCC site :
If you live in Kuwait:
You must apply in person OR ask a representative (a friend, relative or colleague) in Kuwait, with a power of attorney, to apply on your behalf and bring:
  • One photograph (4 × 6 cm)
If you live outside of Kuwait:
You can:
  1. Return to Kuwait and apply in person OR ask a representative (a friend, relative or colleague) in Kuwait, with a power of attorney, to apply on your behalf
  2. Apply at your nearest Kuwaiti Embassy or consulate
You or your representative must bring:
  • Two photographs (4 × 6 cm)
  • Applicable fees
Contact information
Ministry of the Interior
General Department for Criminal Evidence
Department of Identification and Automated Search
Farwaniya-Dhajeej area
Airport Road 55, opposite the Kuwait Airways main building.
Phone: +965 2 434-6101. Fax: +965 2 434-5790.
Thank you for reply thing is donot know anyone there who can apply behalf of him

Jeeksgirl

Sep 21, 2022
Hi,
I have submitted interest for my parents PR in November 2020 and got invitation letter in September 2021 . I submitted application in October 2021. CIC contacted me missing information in one of the forms in may 2022. My father is over 79 years old. So he does not need biometrics. My mother is 70 years old and she still requires to do biometrics and got the request for biometrics this month. My mother has Parkinson’s disease and need help of two people to walk. My parents lives in Kerala, India. There is no biometrics centre in Kerala. The nearest one is in Bangalore and it is very difficult for my mother to go there in the present conditions. I just came back from India end of August. My siblings live outside India.

In this condition can I ask CIC for an extension to do biometrics when I go to India.

Is there any possibility that I can proceed only for my father?

what are my best chances to proceed further with this PR application.

Thanks in advance,
Jeeks

smiling_face

Champion Member
Apr 20, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2012
LANDED..........
Landed
@smiling_face Here is my case:
Family size in 2020 = 4 (meeting MNI) (including parents that will be sponsored)
Family size in 2019 = 4 (meeting MNI) (including parents that will be sponsored)
Family size in 2018 = 3 (meeting MNI for 3 people and NOT for 4 people) (I married in 2019 and that is when my family size increased)

I have a similar scenario where I got married in 2019 adding my spouse with a total family size of 4. I clearly mentioned in Form imm5768, Section 14 along with the explanation letter for the year 2018 that my family size was only 3, and based on that I am meeting the MNI requirement. However, IRCC caseworkers are so stupid and uneducated that they have sent me a sponsor ineligible letter counting my family size 4 for 2018. Hence, @ALM123 I would advise you to be ready to fight as you should meet the requirement on the basis of the CIC example if anything goes wrong.

Great insight. I hope you are going to win this battle. What stages you are at now?

Thanks!

MDM23

Dec 7, 2015
Were you able to figure this out? Did you upload anything, or have ignored this for now?
there is no option to upload anything so i raised webform and reattached all the required documents to them, lol i did it thrice because i made mistake during the first 2 attempts, i hope it doesnt delay my application. All the best to all.

citizenshipcanada

Sep 1, 2011
Thank you for reply thing is donot know anyone there who can apply behalf of him
under

Kuwaitconsulate.in

Mumbai

Obtaining Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) from Kuwait,
through the Consulate
The Indian Nationals residing in Kuwait previously and have a proof of their stay there, may apply for Kuwaiti PCC through the consulate.
Following are the set of documents required in order to apply for Kuwaiti PCC:
a) Application Documents to be made in 2 sets.
b) Finger Print report from Competent Authorities, attested by
The Government Of Maharashtra.
c) Copies for the proof of Stay in Kuwait.
d) 4 (FOUR) Passport Size Photographs
e) Fees of Rs. 3,750/- to be paid by Demand Draft (DD) in favour of “Consulate General for the State of Kuwait”
f) The Original Application will be forwarded to the Foreign Ministry of Kuwait through our diplomatic channel.
g) On issuance of PCC by the Home Dept. of Kuwait, the Foreign Ministry shall release it and send it to the consulate.

Consulate Fees (As on Date)
For
VISA ENDORSEMENT &
POLICE CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE (PCC)
Contact Consulate directly
ORIGIN / PACKING LIST - Rs. 3750/-
INVOICE - Rs.2500/-
ANY OTHER DOCUMENT - Rs. 1250/-
KUWAITI PCC - Rs. 3750/-

All payments to be made by Demand Draft (DD) in favour of :
“Consulate General for the State of Kuwait”
Note : Payments on the last working day of the month to be made in cash.

Reactions: kirantejoday

kafepoche

Sep 30, 2021
Hi everyone!

mad a follow up to my previous question:
We got an email for the virtual landing portal while my mom left Canada for a month. Can we wait this month until the end of October, or should she return asap, to finalize her PR?

thank you!
Ideally there shouldn't be a difference. She can arrive tomorrow or end of October if she carries a valid TRV, and finish virtual landing in Canada.
"Ideally" (i seem to use this word a lot.) Recent trend is if you reply to portal request quickly you will receive next step instructions quickly. After a month's wait no one knows what will happen. The response time has been sporadic.

anurag0071

Star Member
Feb 3, 2015
Hi,

I have received a letter from IRCC S With subject line " .....SPR Eligibility Decision Letter F000XXXX".

i have opened the letter and it has my name and my uci number and confirms that I have met eligibility to sponsor and based on my address the file has been forwarded to Vancouver immigration office for further processing.

In order to make changes or to submit additional documents I must contact Vancouver immigration and the general web link is shared in letter.

now I am confused because I am based in Ottawa and we know no one in Vancouver.

has anyone else seen their parents file transferred to some other location for processing?

thank you

NoorPirani

Star Member
Jan 1, 2019
Received a Pre-Arrival letter today for my parents' immigration. Parents already in Canada on visitor visa.
Is it a good sign ?
What is next ?
(Medical not done yet, an additional test required)

Last edited:

ap79ca

Jun 28, 2022
Hello everyone,
I put in application for mother in October 21. Back in june I got an email asking for revised form 5406. I resent. Today they came back again and asked for same form and also form 1344. Form 5406 all sections A, B, C need to be filled . in addition email also mentioned that status has been online. Which I checked and it says application returned? Does it mean rejection of the case?? What should I do?
Issue with 5406 could be with my siblings if they dependents.
Initially I wrote names of my siblings but on 2nd asking I removed along with a note saying that my siblings are no longer dependent on my mother and hence left those spots empty. Any ideas what needs to be done here?