+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

Bahrain

Dec 23, 2014
Hello everyone,
Need your help, I applied for parents sponsorhip on last November and got my parents medical done. They requested for police report and I tried to link ircc account and thankfully their account is linked in online account. Now i dont see any section where i can upload their police report. Is there something i am missing? Can someone please help me how to upload police report?
Appreciate your help
Thank you

ennkay

Oct 20, 2021
Hi guys,

I applied for my mom's PR under PGP in Nov 2021 and I got the AOR in July 2022. Today I got a letter from CIC asking me to re-submit IMM0008 as they want me to list my nephew as my mom's dependent. I am confused as shouldn't my nephew be considered as a dependent on my brother?

Could someone please answer? Also, where do I get IMM0008 now as earlier I filled it digitally?

Please help! All responses are appreciated. Thanks

smiling_face

Champion Member
Apr 20, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2012
LANDED..........
Landed
I am getting hard time to link my parents application to GCKey. Can anyone please advise? Thanks!

Rossonero00

Oct 4, 2021
Hello,

I need some help with the IMM5768 forum. I moved to Canada with my employer from overseas and my offer letter had an annual income of 120K Canadian however because i moved in Aug 2018 i only have an income of 47K in my T4. Is it possible to include my offer letter? or my income outside Canada? my bank statement or funds that i had in Canada to help get to the minimum?

my income for 2019, 2020 and 2021 is way above minimum however the are asking for 2018, 2019 & 2020 only.

Any suggestion or help is welcomed. Thank you

Chintan.patel

Oct 19, 2012
Category........
FAM

smiling_face

Champion Member
Apr 20, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2012
LANDED..........
Landed
You have to enter correct number in last question.(principal applicant+ dependent + sponsor + cosigner)
Try UCI number, File number...
Can I please ask for further clarification here?
UCI and Application ~ The one is in my parents application, i.e. found in the medical request
For the last question, would that be my parents + me (sponsor).
When you said dependents, does that mean my parent's dependent or my dependent?

Many thanks!

ndhindsa

Star Member
Nov 9, 2015
Good Day All,

I am very nervous about my parents application. I received invite on 24 sept...we applied on 01 Oct 2021.

No update from IRCC, no ghost update, F12 is 7. I have reached out to MP for help and IRCC responded to MP's request as below:

"There is no PGP Application in the system- have you received an application and were they invited? "

i feel like my application is lost somewhere in the system and no one is looking at it. I called IRCC last month and same answer that application is not in the system:(

Anything i can do from my side?

Thanks in advance

kirantejoday

Star Member
Aug 11, 2014
App. Filed.......
21-08-2014
Nomination.....
File Transfer...
26-02-2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
30.03.2015 And 3 rd line update on 08.04.2015
Passport Req..
28.05.2015 and DM on also 28.05.2015
VISA ISSUED...
passport submitted on 3 June and received on 13 June
LANDED..........
Landed in Canada OCT 2015
Reactions: Chintan.patel

Chintan.patel

Oct 19, 2012
Category........
FAM
Can I please ask for further clarification here?
UCI and Application ~ The one is in my parents application, i.e. found in the medical request
For the last question, would that be my parents + me (sponsor).
When you said dependents, does that mean my parent's dependent or my dependent?

Many thanks!
For last question it will be total number of people in undertaking.

Refer to this link for step by step instructions:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/how-to-link-an-application-to-cic-account-step-by-step-instruction.619724/

kirantejoday

Star Member
Aug 11, 2014
App. Filed.......
21-08-2014
Nomination.....
File Transfer...
26-02-2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
30.03.2015 And 3 rd line update on 08.04.2015
Passport Req..
28.05.2015 and DM on also 28.05.2015
VISA ISSUED...
passport submitted on 3 June and received on 13 June
LANDED..........
Landed in Canada OCT 2015
Hello everyone,
Need your help, I applied for parents sponsorhip on last November and got my parents medical done. They requested for police report and I tried to link ircc account and thankfully their account is linked in online account. Now i dont see any section where i can upload their police report. Is there something i am missing? Can someone please help me how to upload police report?
Appreciate your help
Thank you
Hello everyone,
Appreciate your help
Thank you
When you log in see the link above the word APPLICATION STATUS.

view submitted application or upload documents

Click on the above link

Chintan.patel

Oct 19, 2012
Category........
FAM
Good Day All,

I am very nervous about my parents application. I received invite on 24 sept...we applied on 01 Oct 2021.

No update from IRCC, no ghost update, F12 is 7. I have reached out to MP for help and IRCC responded to MP's request as below:

"There is no PGP Application in the system- have you received an application and were they invited? "

i feel like my application is lost somewhere in the system and no one is looking at it. I called IRCC last month and same answer that application is not in the system:(

Anything i can do from my side?

Thanks in advance
Sorry to hear such a weird scenario.
You can gather all the proofs that you have submitted the application such as acknowledgment email from IRCC and Fee payment receipt. You are still able to log in to IRCC portal so screenshot those pages which shows you have submitted on Oct 01, 2021.
With all the proofs, visit your MP again and have them write a strong letter in your favor that IRCC should reconsider you as a fresh applicant with brand new application.

DISCLAIMER: this is just a light I am seeing at the end of the tunnel and thinking the option for you. THIS IS NOT A LEGAL ADVISE AT ALL.

Reactions: ndhindsa

wvo2017

Nov 6, 2017
Hi everyone,

I am 2021 September PGP applicant. My mom did her first medical exam in April and sputum culture test & 2nd X ray last month (July 2022). After the 2nd X ray the panel physician suggested her to go to a local hospital to further check her lung. Non-small cell lung cancer was discovered and she completed a surgery immediately. Now we got the report with staging (Stage IA, T1N0M0) and indicating no further treatment is required.

Should I inform the panel physician/IRCC now? Or provide more up to date prognosis when asked?

Anyone who know people with similar experience?
I would inform the ircc to see if any action is required on your side. You can use the webform or you can call them

pjc34

Jul 28, 2022
Hello,

I need some help with the IMM5768 forum. I moved to Canada with my employer from overseas and my offer letter had an annual income of 120K Canadian however because i moved in Aug 2018 i only have an income of 47K in my T4. Is it possible to include my offer letter? or my income outside Canada? my bank statement or funds that i had in Canada to help get to the minimum?

my income for 2019, 2020 and 2021 is way above minimum however the are asking for 2018, 2019 & 2020 only.

Any suggestion or help is welcomed. Thank you
Hi,

I don't have any experience with this, so all I can tell you is what I found by looking into the official guidance for IRCC officers.

In particular, look at "Reassessment of financial circumstances" here ( https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/non-economic-classes/family-class-assessing-sponsor.html#finReassess ) and section 134(2) here: https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/page-19.html#docCont

It looks like the rule is that they look at the three taxation years preceding the date of your application, and only take into account income - foreign or Canadian - that is declared to the CRA and appears on a notice of assessment. There's no way around the fact that you need to submit information from these three years.

If at least 12 months have elapsed since your application was filed, then according to the regulation the officer examining your application *may* request updated information, in which case the calculation shifts forward by a year, which would be perfect for you.

The operational manual I linked to above says this: "A sponsor’s income can be reassessed prior to an initial recommendation being rendered on sponsorship eligibility, where information material to a sponsor’s ability to meet financial requirements is received by IRCC."

So it looks like it's not compulsory for them to ask for updated information, and they can only do it in certain circumstances even if they want to.

It looks like a lot depends on their discretion here, and you might want to consult a lawyer about how you can make a case to them that they *should* exercise their discretion to allow you to use 2021. The main points would probably be that the only reason you don't meet the requirement for 2018 is that you weren't yet in Canada for much of the year, and you've met the threshold by a very wide margin since then.

Honestly, I have no idea if IRCC would actually help people in these situations, or if the updated information is only ever requested when they think your income has decreased and they're looking for a way to reject your application.

You might meet requirements by moving to Quebec (if you care enough about this to leave a 120K job). This is especially true if you have high net assets, as Quebec counts these.

Reactions: Rossonero00