+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

kafepoche

Sep 30, 2021
We are sponsoring my wife's mother, sister and grandmother. We received Biometrics Request for both her mother and grandmother on July 20 but only received Medical Request for her grandmother on July 27. Has anyone experienced anything like this? 2 Principal applicants sent at the same time but only 1 applicant received medical request? According to the tracker, it should only take approximately a week to receive medical request after biometrics request.
Are both applications process in the same VO? Some Vo send out medicals early in the process. Some choose to send it out later.

Js2021

Jul 28, 2022
Are both applications process in the same VO? Some Vo send out medicals early in the process. Some choose to send it out later.
I'm not sure actually which VO is handling both applications. We've never received an AOR or anything. Submitted on Oct 6th 2021, submitted missing docs on May 25th and all of a sudden 2 biometrics request and 1 medical request.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I'm not sure actually which VO is handling both applications. We've never received an AOR or anything. Submitted on Oct 6th 2021, submitted missing docs on May 25th and all of a sudden 2 biometrics request and 1 medical request.
If you were requested to submit missing docs and had biometric and meidcal requestm, you sure had AOR.
Did you check spam folder? AOR is usually sent to sponsor's email, so check that. AOR is the email with your application number starting with "F" in the numbers.

Heli darji

Apr 29, 2019
It has been more than month biometric not updated and still waiting for medical request.
I saw some forum people received medical very quick after biometric request.

Maxx07

Star Member
Mar 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
status in mycic is nothing to be alarmed of. if it's not updated after designated timeline it's auto changed to that. You can send a webform to ask them to change it.
did your mother give medicals before for visitor or supervisa? it might still be valid.
Thanks!
No, there was no prior medical done for the visitor visa for both my parents. Keeping figers crossed. Hope they send the medical soon.

Jimmya

Feb 16, 2022
Dear JUNB,
I encountered another issue. I have recently received another email from IRCC, in which I should fill out two additional documents for my sister, who is 47 years old and is not a dependent child of my father; for his sponsorship I applied.
These two documents are IMM 5669 and additional family info IMM 5406E.
Do you think there isn't any mistake? Or misunderstanding?
I think IRCC wants to evaluate the eligibility of my sister for permanent residence in Canada under the category of parents' sponsorship, while she is not a dependent family member.
What do you think? Did you fill out these forms for all of your parents' children regardless of their dependency?
I really appreciate any help you can provide.

wvo2017

Nov 6, 2017
Thanks!
No, there was no prior medical done for the visitor visa for both my parents. Keeping figers crossed. Hope they send the medical soon.
Try to link through gc key
You may see the request there
For us, my parents never got the medical enail
We got the request through gc key

Reactions: Maxx07

thebassi35

Oct 10, 2013
Surrey BC
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received NDVO - 17/06/2016
File Transfer...
started processing 26/08/2016
Med's Done....
march 25th-2016
Interview........
DM on 07/02/2017
Passport Req..
PPR on feb 23-2017
Good Day All,

I am very nervous about my parents application. I received invite on 24 sept...we applied on 01 Oct 2021.

No update from IRCC, no ghost update, F12 is 7. I have reached out to MP for help and IRCC responded to MP's request as below:

"There is no PGP Application in the system- have you received an application and were they invited? "

i feel like my application is lost somewhere in the system and no one is looking at it. I called IRCC last month and same answer that application is not in the system:(

Anything i can do from my side?

Thanks in advance
BRO I AM IN THE SAME BOAT. APPLIED IN NOVEMBER 2021. NO SINGLE UPDATE YET. I CAN ONLY SEE IT IN PORTAL BUT NOTHING YET.

Amolak817

Jun 16, 2022
Can you please tell when you have received the biometric request. I have also sent the missing docs on April 25 but haven't heard back yet.

bhargav16

Feb 16, 2022
Files cannot be lost due to the fact that everyone is applying online ,the files at the beginning does not exist ,then they will open it assign it with a temporary number at this point everyone can see it in the system ,MP and although they have a dedicated line but they all go through one system ,Chintan approach is good as it will give you the comfort advising IRCC that you are not looked at yet .sadly speaking i dont think that all 40000 have been opened and dealt with based on all the communication we saw already through our forum .Good Luck

Actually, based on my experience, it is very clear how are they adding our applications to their system. So for my parents' file, when I linked my application to the IRCC portal I got to know that they misspelled the names in the system and also got biometrics and medical requests with incorrect names. I had all the screenshots of the forms that we submitted online and I can confirmed that we submitted them correctly. So I have a feeling that they link/transfer into the their system manually from the portal where we submitted our files (it might not be 100% manual process of transferring uploaded files and whatnot though)

Reactions: Bimpsy_7

amyn27

Star Member
Jan 18, 2015
Update

Application Date: 6 Oct 2021
GC Key linked: 17 Jan 2022
Medical Request: 28 Jan 2022
Medicals Completed: 18 Feb 2022
Medical Exam passed: 28 Feb 2022
Additional docs requested: 2 May 2022 (Voter ID, Aadhar card, School certificates)
Sponsor Approval: No
Access to ecas: No
Parents: Not in Canada

Invitation to pre-arrival services: 5 Aug 2022

Can anyone kindly help me to understand if there is any action required from my end ? Also what to expect next ?

Thank you.