+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

Heli darji

Apr 29, 2019
Reactions: Chintan.patel

Heli darji

Apr 29, 2019
Can I please ask for further clarification here?
UCI and Application ~ The one is in my parents application, i.e. found in the medical request
For the last question, would that be my parents + me (sponsor).
When you said dependents, does that mean my parent's dependent or my dependent?

Many thanks!
Yes in medical request.
your parents dependent.

ndhindsa

Star Member
Nov 9, 2015
Sorry to hear such a weird scenario.
You can gather all the proofs that you have submitted the application such as acknowledgment email from IRCC and Fee payment receipt. You are still able to log in to IRCC portal so screenshot those pages which shows you have submitted on Oct 01, 2021.
With all the proofs, visit your MP again and have them write a strong letter in your favor that IRCC should reconsider you as a fresh applicant with brand new application.

DISCLAIMER: this is just a light I am seeing at the end of the tunnel and thinking the option for you. THIS IS NOT A LEGAL ADVISE AT ALL.
Thank you Chintan...i will try this

citizenshipcanada

Sep 1, 2011
Files cannot be lost due to the fact that everyone is applying online ,the files at the beginning does not exist ,then they will open it assign it with a temporary number at this point everyone can see it in the system ,MP and although they have a dedicated line but they all go through one system ,Chintan approach is good as it will give you the comfort advising IRCC that you are not looked at yet .sadly speaking i dont think that all 40000 have been opened and dealt with based on all the communication we saw already through our forum .Good Luck

Maxx07

Star Member
Mar 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,
I am in a weird situation. I submitted my parent's application on 05th Dec. On 15th June, only my father's medical request was received and we did his medical on 30th June.
We waited for my mother's medical request and to date there is none. I have submitted multiple web form inquiries explaining the scenario and send my mother's medical request. They only replied to one of the requests to check in the Spam folder (Nothing in there).
Today while I was checking the status in MyCiC, I found that the status for Medical is "We did not receive the results of your required medical exam. Check your medical exam request message for details".

Any suggestion on how to tackle this scenario?

Last edited:

kafepoche

Sep 30, 2021
I agree with @Chintal Patel
you are invited. send them your invitation email together with other docs mentioned. worst comes to worst you need to resubmit everything in pdf forms again. it's a delay nonetheless but you should be able to sponsor your parents.
Here is the link to the pdfs you might need. You can download them just in case.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5772-application-sponsor-parents-grandparents.html#completeApplication

On a separate note, did you receive the auto-reply from PR portal? should arrive the same day of submission.

ndhindsa

Star Member
Nov 9, 2015
Files cannot be lost due to the fact that everyone is applying online ,the files at the beginning does not exist ,then they will open it assign it with a temporary number at this point everyone can see it in the system ,MP and although they have a dedicated line but they all go through one system ,Chintan approach is good as it will give you the comfort advising IRCC that you are not looked at yet .sadly speaking i dont think that all 40000 have been opened and dealt with based on all the communication we saw already through our forum .Good Luck
Thanks for your input....it helps a bit. You might be right about file not being opened yet. I wouldn't have been super concerned if I atleast had an AOR. I applied very early ..only 7 days after i received the invitation. It seems that my application was either skipped/ignored that is the only reason i want IRCC to at least acknowledge my application after 9 months of submission.

ndhindsa

Star Member
Nov 9, 2015
I agree with @Chintal Patel
you are invited. send them your invitation email together with other docs mentioned. worst comes to worst you need to resubmit everything in pdf forms again. it's a delay nonetheless but you should be able to sponsor your parents.
Here is the link to the pdfs you might need. You can download them just in case.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5772-application-sponsor-parents-grandparents.html#completeApplication

On a separate note, did you receive the auto-reply from PR portal? should arrive the same day of submission.
Thanks @kafepoche for your input. as per the advise I have sent my invitation letter, snapshot of PR portal, as well as the auto-reply of submission confirmation to my MP.. Lets see if I hear something positive.. fingers crossed !

Js2021

Jul 28, 2022
We are sponsoring my wife's mother, sister and grandmother. We received Biometrics Request for both her mother and grandmother on July 20 but only received Medical Request for her grandmother on July 27. Has anyone experienced anything like this? 2 Principal applicants sent at the same time but only 1 applicant received medical request? According to the tracker, it should only take approximately a week to receive medical request after biometrics request.

kafepoche

Sep 30, 2021
Hello,
I am in a weird situation. I submitted my parent's application on 05th Dec. On 15th June, only my father's medical request was received and we did his medical on 30th June.
We waited for my mother's medical request and to date there is none. I have submitted multiple web form inquiries explaining the scenario and send my mother's medical request.
Today while I was checking the status in MyCiC, I found that the status for Medical is "We did not receive the results of your required medical exam. Check your medical exam request message for details".

Any suggestion on how to tackle his scenario?
status in mycic is nothing to be alarmed of. if it's not updated after designated timeline it's auto changed to that. You can send a webform to ask them to change it.
did your mother give medicals before for visitor or supervisa? it might still be valid.

Reactions: deepharman

kafepoche

Sep 30, 2021
Thanks @kafepoche for your input. as per the advise I have sent my invitation letter, snapshot of PR portal, as well as the auto-reply of submission confirmation to my MP.. Lets see if I hear something positive.. fingers crossed !
Wish you the best! this year PGP goes to online submission for the first time. there might be some tech glitches. I know ppl submitted on Oct 10 haven't received anything yet. They are still waiting. And there are ppl submitted later in Oct has already received PPR. Certainly a strange year for PGP.