+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

Ketobaby

Star Member
Feb 2, 2022
Anyone here who knows somebody who got Biometrics request and then refused after? I have read other people got refusal letter then Biometrics request because they check on CONTINUE with application when sponsor is found ineligible. I have received Biometrics request last week and did it right away but have not received approval letter yet. However, I click WITHDRAW application if sponsor is ineligible. So do you think getting a biometric request is a positive sign? Any thought on this? Thanks
If by approval letter you're referring to Sponsor approval then I'd say considering you selected "discontinue application if sponsor is found ineligible" then we can safely say yes! you can assume at this point the sponsor has been approved and application can proceed.

Biometrics is usually the 2nd half of the application that focuses on the sponsored (PA and dependent), the 1st half is all about the sponsor. So if they are asking for things related to the 2nd half (the PA & dependant) then you can safely assume that the 1st half was successful at this point so application can advance to the 2nd stage.

However, remember at ANYTIME before the application is completed the sponsors eligibility can be reassessed and if found ineligible will be discontinued then since you selected the discountined option.

Sponsor MUST maintain eligibility till sponsored lands or something in those lines (can't remember the exact verbiage used but I'm sure you get the point)

Have you tried checking Ecas to see if it's showing decision made under the sponsor?

Reactions: YVR123

drjainvishal

Dec 12, 2011
HI , all wonderful people
today

1) my parents received a Biometric Instruction Letter.
2) while as a sponsor, I received, the following letter,
"This letter confirms that your Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class was received
by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) at the Case Processing Centre in
Mississauga on behalf of the following family member(s):
SXXXXXXXN
Please note that the following documentation will be required for your sponsorship
application to determine whether you meet the minimum necessary income requirements to
sponsor a parent or grandparent. In order to minimize processing delays, if not already included
in your application, please obtain and submit as soon as possible:
A completed and signed authorization form – IMM 5768 - Financial Evaluation for Parents
and Grandparents Sponsorship providing your Social Insurance Number.

- now as far as I remember, I have submitted this 5768

what am I suppose to do now , any guidance would be appreciated.

thanks friends

Reactions: rndhr

rndhr

Jun 26, 2022
Category........
Other
today

"This letter confirms that your Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class was received
by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) at the Case Processing Centre in
SXXXXXXXN
Please note that the following documentation will be required for your sponsorship
application to determine whether you meet the minimum necessary income requirements to
sponsor a parent or grandparent. In order to minimize processing delays, if not already included
A completed and signed authorization form – IMM 5768 - Financial Evaluation for Parents

thanks friends
Simialr case. my son has received such mail yesterday. But I did not get biometric request . Also I am unable to link my application with GCkey account. Any clue.

parmar01

Apr 18, 2022
Hi, I got the PPR (Passport request) for my parents. I was worried earlier when the processing time jumps to 34 months but IRCC really surprised me this time. My timeline is as follows:

Application submitted: 13 Oct 2021
Ghost email update: Jan 05, 2022
File linked to IRCC: Jan 10, 2022 (File number and biometrics information was already there)
Document request ( prove the relationship between sponsor and principal applicant): Jan 22, 2022
AOR, Sponsor approval: Never received any till now
Medical update: Mar 02, 2022 (passed, previous medical from super visa was used)
PCC, document request (prove the relationship between the principal applicant and my mother): May 17, 2022 (although the marriage certificate was submitted earlier, they request, Aadhar & Voter id card too)
Background Check started: July 06, 2022
PPR : July 07, 2022

My parents are from India. IRCC is processing the applications fastly now and I think the super visa application of my parents did really help a lot this time as no biometrics, no medical was asked. The further background check was already done, so it doesn't take long this time, I guess.

I would wish everyone to get their results sooner.

Invutae

Jul 5, 2022
Simialr case. my son has received such mail yesterday. But I did not get biometric request . Also I am unable to link my application with GCkey account. Any clue.
I’m on the same boat as well. I’m also unable to link the file to GCkey. My application file starts with F. Does that mean anything?

aminpayal17

Jun 19, 2014
today

SXXXXXXXN

thanks friends
Hi ,
I also got biometric request on Wednesday and same letter for IMM5768 yesterday; I also submitted with application; however I have re-submitted the same again today via webform as it does’t hurt to send it again and avoid any unnecessary delay. Hope this help.

aminpayal17

Jun 19, 2014
I’m on the same boat as well. I’m also unable to link the file to GCkey. My application file starts with F. Does that mean anything?
Any application start with F is permanent application number and if it’s start with XF then temporary application number , they assign F number to application once they finish primary review of application and satisfy with all the necessary forms and documentation.

jel

Star Member
Sep 21, 2011
If by approval letter you're referring to Sponsor approval then I'd say considering you selected "discontinue application if sponsor is found ineligible" then we can safely say yes! you can assume at this point the sponsor has been approved and application can proceed.

Biometrics is usually the 2nd half of the application that focuses on the sponsored (PA and dependent), the 1st half is all about the sponsor. So if they are asking for things related to the 2nd half (the PA & dependant) then you can safely assume that the 1st half was successful at this point so application can advance to the 2nd stage.

However, remember at ANYTIME before the application is completed the sponsors eligibility can be reassessed and if found ineligible will be discontinued then since you selected the discountined option.

Sponsor MUST maintain eligibility till sponsored lands or something in those lines (can't remember the exact verbiage used but I'm sure you get the point)

Have you tried checking Ecas to see if it's showing decision made under the sponsor?
I tried Ecas but it does not work for me. Gckey worked though but it does not say anything about the sponsor. It is all about the principal applicant and dependents. It is showing now We are reviewing your eligibility requirements and also shows their biometrics. Thank you for your reply.

jel

Star Member
Sep 21, 2011
Hi, I got the PPR (Passport request) for my parents. I was worried earlier when the processing time jumps to 34 months but IRCC really surprised me this time. My timeline is as follows:

File linked to IRCC: Jan 10, 2022 (File number and biometrics information was already there)
Document request ( prove the relationship between sponsor and principal applicant): Jan 22, 2022
Medical update: Mar 02, 2022 (passed, previous medical from super visa was used)
PCC, document request (prove the relationship between the principal applicant and my mother): May 17, 2022 (although the marriage certificate was submitted earlier, they request, Aadhar & Voter id card too)

My parents are from India. IRCC is processing the applications fastly now and I think the super visa application of my parents did really help a lot this time as no biometrics, no medical was asked. The further background check was already done, so it doesn't take long this time, I guess.

Congratulations that was fast! So happy for you and your parents.

Reactions: xza55 and kuldip25

tj1696

Apr 14, 2022
Hello,

I have question regarding PCC. I got PCC through District police station and the letter is from office of Sr. Supdt. of Police. I did not get it through passport office. This letter does not have photo of my parents on it. Did anyone submit PCC without photo on it?

kuldip25

Mar 23, 2021

Congratulations

Amolak817

Jun 16, 2022
Application Submitted - OCT 26 2021
Additional Doc Request - April 29 2022
Application Linked - April 29,2022
AOR Recieved - May 12, 2022
Biometric Request- May 17,2022
Biometric updated - May 23 2022
Medical Request - May 25,2022
Medical Passed - June 20, 2022
PCC and proof of relationship of Main applicant with Spouse - July 06 ,2022.
I didnt get any sponser approval letter!

From PCC request it showing case processing centre Missisauga
Hi Aulakh,

You have mentioned that you linked the profile on April 29 when CIC requested additional documents. I was asked for additonal documents as well and provided with a temporary file number which starts with XF. Are we still able to link the file with temporary file number?

Mustflo

Apr 15, 2013

Congratulations! Thank you for sharing your timeline.
We got a second PCC request and pre arrival yesterday. We already provided PCC but got a second request. Not sure if it was because my parents were travelling at the time and we provided PCC through BLS service in UAE in April. Not entirely sure why my parents got second PCC. Previous PCC has no expiry date on it.