+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

sshivam29

Star Member
Aug 9, 2019
Got a request letter in my GC Key a/c asking for current address, proof of relationship (aadhar/voter id card):

Proof of Relationship: As proof of relationship to your spouse please provide the Aadhaar and Voter’s ID card for yourself and your spouse.
Proof of Relationship: As proof of relationship to the principal applicant, please provide your voter ID card, Aadhaar card and old school records (Fifth class, Middle standard and Matriculation/secondary school certificate).

My parents are visiting me here in Canada, they don't have Voter Id with them and I never had voter Id created. Can I only send the Aadhaar cards for my parents and me or if Voder Id is required. Please help if anyone of you have any knowledge about it.

Reactions: Bhaumik_Patel

xza55

Jun 22, 2022
Hello, I’m just wondering if there is anymore’s status still shows “returned”, and have not receive anything from IRCC since resend the documents. I resubmitted the documents to the email on April 19th, I did not receive anything yet. Getting worried.

Chintan.patel

Oct 19, 2012
Category........
FAM
Quick update:
Just received Biometric request for parents. However F12 still shows file returned. Did not tried yet to link with GCKEY.

Applied on: 27-Oct-2021
IMM5406 request: 24-APR-2022
Biometric: 05-JUL-2022
Medical: waiting
PCC: waiting

On letter there is UCI and Application number starts with F.
since application number starts with F (not XF), should I consider it as actual file number? will there be another email for AOR? Please advise.

Rasai

Feb 12, 2022
Got a request letter in my GC Key a/c asking for current address, proof of relationship (aadhar/voter id card):

Proof of Relationship: As proof of relationship to your spouse please provide the Aadhaar and Voter’s ID card for yourself and your spouse.
Proof of Relationship: As proof of relationship to the principal applicant, please provide your voter ID card, Aadhaar card and old school records (Fifth class, Middle standard and Matriculation/secondary school certificate).

My parents are visiting me here in Canada, they don't have Voter Id with them and I never had voter Id created. Can I only send the Aadhaar cards for my parents and me or if Voder Id is required. Please help if anyone of you have any knowledge about it.
You can download voter information from National voter portal,in portal put Name, father name and DOB.I had submitted the same for my parents.They already got PR.

sz_2018

Aug 12, 2021
I am the rep of my parents' application. I received a letter from IRCC on June 7th about missing information in IMM0008 and IMM5406 stating that one or more dependents' info is missing or incomplete. It made no sense as I am only sponsoring my dad and my mom. I have an older sister but she is in her late 30s and by no means a dependent of my parents (no illness, works, and raises her children). To resubmit IMM0008 and 5406 you must use the pdf form, no online forms this time. I am not sure what went wrong but it made me feel slightly better that I am not the only person who got asked about IMM0008! I am about to submit the forms via email. I will keep you posted what happens next.
Thanks for sharing the info; it definitely helps to know that they made the same request from others as well. I will resubmit the forms in pdf too; hopefully this is all they want.

carling

Star Member
Jan 17, 2017
Quick update:
Just received Biometric request for parents. However F12 still shows file returned. Did not tried yet to link with GCKEY.

since application number starts with F (not XF), should I consider it as actual file number? will there be another email for AOR? Please advise.
Congratulations! Yes, if it starts with F that is the real actual file number. Good luck with your remainder journey!

Rasai

Feb 12, 2022
How to get PCC for parents who are in Canada as visitors? They can't be physically present for a police in India right now.
Apply thru bsl but it takes nearly 4-5 weeks.,other options give power of attorney to your relative or friend duly notorised alongwith their passport which also to be notorised,who applied at nearest sanjkendra, then you will gets pcc within 10 days.

ccua

Oct 20, 2021
Hi Folks,

I submitted my application on 02/10/21
I got biometrics on 24 feb - its done
but no update since then
I am unable to log gckey
and status code is caseStatusId: 7 (what does 7 mean?)
Hi, where do you see the status code? Thanks!

Heli darji

Apr 29, 2019
Quick update:

Yes File number start with F. XF is temporary number. For some people AOR is skipped and stright request for biometric.

Reactions: Chintan.patel

sshivam29

Star Member
Aug 9, 2019
How to get PCC for parents who are in Canada as visitors? They can't be physically present for a police in India right now.
Apply for PCC through BLS Canada. You will get email notification - "Initiation of Police Verification Request(s) for your PCC Application File" then you'll have someone to contact the local police station and provide all the documents for ur parents. Police will need 2 neighbours who can tell them that ur parents resides on the mentioned address. That's it and you know how to expedite the police process :)
That's how I have get it done recently.

Reactions: kuldip25

ndhindsa

Star Member
Nov 9, 2015
Hi Folks,

I submitted my application on 02/10/21
I got biometrics on 24 feb - its done
but no update since then
I am unable to log gckey
and status code is caseStatusId: 7 (what does 7 mean?)
Hi..i have similar timeline

submitted application on 01 Oct 2021

No update since then

no biometrics/medical/SA/missing info communication

status code is 7

caribgrl55

Star Member
Aug 21, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

can medicals be done by any approved doctor if a parent is here in Canada currently?