+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

xza55

Jun 22, 2022
Hi, I submitted the imm5406 on April 22nd and just yesterday received biometric letters. File status on PR Portal still shows returned. Nothing changed in F12 also. I was able to link successfully with GCKEY in a single try.
Hopefully you will hear something soon from IRCC. Good luck.
Thank you for your information. I really hope I can get an AOR or at least knowing they received the documents.

Reactions: Chintan.patel

tj1696

Apr 14, 2022
Got a request letter in my GC Key a/c asking for current address, proof of relationship (aadhar/voter id card):

Proof of Relationship: As proof of relationship to your spouse please provide the Aadhaar and Voter’s ID card for yourself and your spouse.
Proof of Relationship: As proof of relationship to the principal applicant, please provide your voter ID card, Aadhaar card and old school records (Fifth class, Middle standard and Matriculation/secondary school certificate).

My parents are visiting me here in Canada, they don't have Voter Id with them and I never had voter Id created. Can I only send the Aadhaar cards for my parents and me or if Voder Id is required. Please help if anyone of you have any knowledge about it.
I got the same request. There were some mistakes in their voter ID. I applied for corrections through nvsp website. I am trying to get it faster. Just wondering they asked aadhar and voter card as proof of relationship, is it also applicable for current address

Ketobaby

Star Member
Feb 2, 2022
Hi folks , Just i am wondering why some applications got proceeded right away and some are stuck ,is the age of the parents and capability of work in Canada makes difference , The processing time now is 34 months , while a lot of applications got the medical request and most of them applied in October ?
Same question I asked myself but due to lack of transparency only God and hopefully IRCC knows.

I try to justify it by saying maybe country of origin (duration to complete criminality and background check), visa office work load, travel history etc...

However, it still did not make sense cause I'm a June 2019 applicant and I have exceeded both the previous and current timeline. My application is now 37months but there are applications from 2020/2021 that are already completed and parents are now reunited with their kids.

SMH!!!

parassachapara

Star Member
Mar 26, 2021
Hello Everyone,
I have applied for my parents sponsorship on Dec 6 2021. I still didn't receive AOR or any other email from them, When I go online to check status it only shows me Submitted under Status & Under Action its all Grey out ( cant check anything)

1) today I received an email containing biometric letter for my youngest sister who is a dependent of my parents. My parents already gave biometric when they applied for visitor visa previously. So there's are valid till 2024. My question is - is it normal to receive biometric letter without first receiving AOR?

2) on the biometric letter, there is application number starting with Fxxxx. I tried checking the status using this application #. No luck!

3) if we applied via PR PORTAL online, do we have to link the application in GC KEY?

Thank you in advance for taking the time out to review and reply to my post!
1) yes most of the people in pgp 2021 haven't received AOR (including me). Its fine.
2)ECAS status hardly works for 30% of applicant
3)GC key gives you more information about what stage your file is in. It is not required to link it.

Reactions: Chintan.patel

Chintan.patel

Oct 19, 2012
Category........
FAM
1)Did you apply using the PR PORTAL? Are the options greyed out for you? I can't view anything on the PR portal.

2) are you able to see updates on ECAS? I tried several times, no luck. I tried using details of primary applicant, myself as sponsor and yesterday using application # mentioned on my sisters bio letter. Still no luck!

2) When you linked GC key application, whose information should i using - the primary application (My dad) or the sponsor (Me)?
Yes applied thru PR portal.
Not able to see updates on ECAS using PA or Sponsor details.
PA info to be use while linking to GCKEY. In number of people you have to use total number of people you are sponsoring + you + cosigner (if applicable).

Apr 30, 2022
Application Submitted - OCT 26 2021
Additional Doc Request - April 29 2022
Application Linked - April 29,2022
AOR Recieved - May 12, 2022
Biometric Request- May 17,2022
Biometric updated - May 23 2022
Medical Request - May 25,2022
Medical Passed - June 20, 2022
PCC and proof of relationship of Main applicant with Spouse - July 06 ,2022.
I didnt get any sponser approval letter!

From PCC request it showing case processing centre Missisauga

vakhbhav

May 4, 2021
Hi Everyone. It shows as "Medical passed" in my parent's application status on cic portal. My father is the primary applicant and mother is the dependent. Does it mean that both have passed the medical exams?
Thanks

Derricktse

Star Member
Apr 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2013
Doc's Request.
30-09-2014
Med's Request
30-09-2014
Med's Done....
10-10-2014
Hi Everyone. It shows as "Medical passed" in my parent's application status on cic portal. My father is the primary applicant and mother is the dependent. Does it mean that both have passed the medical exams?
Thanks
This should mean both - at least in my case.

Reactions: vakhbhav

Bimpsy_7

Jun 7, 2021
Same question I asked myself but due to lack of transparency only God and hopefully IRCC knows.

I try to justify it by saying maybe country of origin (duration to complete criminality and background check), visa office work load, travel history etc...

However, it still did not make sense cause I'm a June 2019 applicant and I have exceeded both the previous and current timeline. My application is now 37months but there are applications from 2020/2021 that are already completed and parents are now reunited with their kids.

SMH!!!
Thats really sad. Please what visa office is handling ur application and is anyone in Montreal visa office? I want to know if they are known to be slow. So far I think Mississauga office is faster based on the timelines I see here

Ketobaby

Star Member
Feb 2, 2022
Thats really sad. Please what visa office is handling ur application and is anyone in Montreal visa office? I want to know if they are known to be slow. So far I think Mississauga office is faster based on the timelines I see here
My parents file has travelled all over from Mississauga to Accra to Montreal to Vancouver to London Ontario. I am praying London Ontario is the last bus stop...lol.

Mississauga did take over a year to send it to Accra then Accra took a nap for over a year. I'm not sure when exactly they sent it to Montreal because all the while I was thinking it was in Accra it appears they sent it to Montreal approx after over a year sitting idle in Accra), then Montreal held into it till May 2022. So between Mississauga, Accra & Montreal it spent 32 months...

Montreal to Vancouver was on/about May 2022, same May 2022 it went to London Ontario.

I got a call from London Ontario that's how I know it is currently in London Ontario. However, I am not sure if it has travelled again...lol

The GCMS note I ordered in Jan, I just received in end of June and I saw all the prior transfers. They stated workload redistribution as the reason.

Apr 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 11, 2015
AOR Received.
February 2, 2016 (AOR 1) AOR2 May 12, 2016
File Transfer...
February 16, 2016 (Feb 22nd File received in Manila Visa Office)
Med's Done....
December 7, 2015
Passport Req..
September 22, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
October 3, 2016
LANDED..........
October 23, 2016
Hi! Our pgp application got transferred to Montreal on June 9th when we received the sponsor approval

Reactions: Bimpsy_7

jel

Star Member
Sep 21, 2011
Anyone here who knows somebody who got Biometrics request and then refused after? I have read other people got refusal letter then Biometrics request because they check on CONTINUE with application when sponsor is found ineligible. I have received Biometrics request last week and did it right away but have not received approval letter yet. However, I click WITHDRAW application if sponsor is ineligible. So do you think getting a biometric request is a positive sign? Any thought on this? Thanks