+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

kafepoche

Sep 30, 2021
I need some urgent assistance I did the sponsorship for my parents. I got an email today that the IMM 5406 additional family information form was not completed properly for both applicants. I have 30 days to resubmit.

 IMM 5406 (for Principal Applicant): The Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) provided was not completed fully. Please provide a current, completed, signed and dated Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) for the Principal Applicant and all dependents aged 18 and over, whether accompanying or not. Each individual must sign their own copy of this form by hand.
Sections A, B and C must be fully completed. The Name, Marital Status, Relationship to applicant, Date of birth, Country of birth, and Address must be filled. The street number, street name, city, postal/zip code and country are mandatory for Canada and USA addresses. All other countries must provide the City, Province/State/Parish and country.

I dont understand what it means that each dependent should sign. My mother has 3 children should all 3 of us do the form also and sign. My step father has one child. Should he also get a copy to fill out and sign? We the children are all unaccompaning them.
you don't need 5406. how old are your siblings? if they are included in this application as dependants (in IMM0008) AND above 18, each one will need to fill 5406. Accompanying or not is not relevant. also check if all forms are fully completed as indicated.

maan123

Jul 25, 2012
I need some help . I submitted my parents PR application in November 2021. Unfortunately my father passed away 2 weeks Ago.how should I inform inform IRCC. Or any other step I need to take.
Thanks

• Sad
Reactions: Bimpsy_7

Apr 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 11, 2015
AOR Received.
February 2, 2016 (AOR 1) AOR2 May 12, 2016
File Transfer...
February 16, 2016 (Feb 22nd File received in Manila Visa Office)
Med's Done....
December 7, 2015
Passport Req..
September 22, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
October 3, 2016
LANDED..........
October 23, 2016
Here is my timeline:
File submitted : October 9, 2021
IMM 5406 requested: November 23, 2021
IMM 5406 submitted: November 25, 2021
Ghost email: February 23, 2022
Application link to GC key: March 17,2022
option c requested: March 17,2022
Option C doucument submited to IRCC: March 17,2022

In GC key and PR portal status shows submitted. Application number F++++++ is there in GC key.

I already sign authorization for CRA. But still got options C printout request .

As bellow:
Our office requires a copy of your OPTION C Printout for the tax years 2018 , 2019 and 2020 in order to
render a financial evaluation. This document is different from the Notice of Assessment and is available free-of- charge by calling the Canada Revenue Agency at 1-800-959-8281. You MUST ensure to include line 150 of your Option C.
This must be received at this office by: 2022/04/18
Hi! Any update after submitting your option c? Thanks

bkbbh

Star Member
Oct 7, 2017
hello friends, I have been trying to know status of my application by f12 But when I log into my application portal it is not opening. Imay be doing it in wrong way. Pl explain again how to do it by f12.

canada.msn

Aug 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-09-2013
AOR Received.
07-Nov-2013
I am confused about providing our voter ID card or adhaar card. We are Canadian citizens then should we provide these Indian proofs to show relationship with parents? I have already attached 10th, 12th and convocation certificate along with my birth certificate. my parents have put their aadhaar card , pan card and also affidavits (notorized) for name discrepancies in all these documents. Is this enough or I should get my pan card and aadhaar card ready to be submitted when asked for?
Thanks for your reply. I am either not sure why they are asking for Voter id for a Canadain Citizen. Please let me know how are you responding to their request letter? Thanks much.

canada.msn

Aug 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-09-2013
AOR Received.
07-Nov-2013
I'm in the same boat. I do NOT have a birth certificate at all. When I applied for PR 12 yrs back, since I don't have a birth certificate I took an affidavit in Canada along with my SSC certificate that has Father's name. It worked.

When I applied for PGP, I did the same thing I did for PR - provided affidavit and SSC certificate. I got an email from IRCC today as quoted by @canada.msn

Now the issue I have is - for my PGP application, my Mother is the principal applicant and Father is a dependant. Now IRCC is asking to prove my relationship to the "Principal Applicant" and that the affidavit will *NOT* work. My Mother's (Principal applicant) name will not be in my SSC certificate nor in my Aadhaar. They have only my Father's (Dependant) name. Any idea how to go about it ?

Legally we cannot use VoterId card and I do not have it either. Aadhaar I do have it - because I took it when I was Indian citizen.
Thanks for your inputs. Please let me know what documents you plan to submit? Much appreciated.

canada.msn

Aug 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-09-2013
AOR Received.
07-Nov-2013
Yes. We also received same letter from Mississauga office.
Hi - Please can you let me know - what documents are you planning to submit to Mississuaga CPC - ours is also Mississuaga office.

canada.msn

Aug 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-09-2013
AOR Received.
07-Nov-2013
Thank you for the information. Did you request pcc for your parents? What is ncr? Can I register in passport seva kendra for my parents?
hi - you can create an account using seva kendra services with your parents details / phone for OTP and book an appointment as early as possible. They have similar process as issuing a passport - so they will send police verification at their address . For us it took around 20-25 days in total to received the PCC mailed at home address. Alternatively, you can also get a police clearance from the local police station.

Bimpsy_7

Jun 7, 2021
I need some help . I submitted my parents PR application in November 2021. Unfortunately my father passed away 2 weeks Ago.how should I inform inform IRCC. Or any other step I need to take.
Thanks
So sorry:( Have you heard from CIC since you submitted and do you have an application number, if you do, I suggest you raise a webform informing them and attaching the death certificate. Who was the principal applicant? If it is your dad, then you may need to ask them to designate your mum as the principal applicant. All the best

GusCAN

Apr 25, 2022
hi,

I've been following the posts but first time posting here, my PGP application was submitted on Nov 8, 2021, got the ghost email on Jan 6. Biometrics invite on Mar 7 and completed biometrics on mar 24. Sponsor approval on Mar 10 and was told my application is sent to London IRCC and no request for medicals since then, I noticed most of people got the medical request within a week after biometrics are done but for us it's been 2 months and no news, anybody with the same status?

Also GCkey website used to work for me but now as soon as I login it goes to home page, is it the same for others?
I'm on the same situation... Our timeline is very similar and I'm also waiting for the medical request.

Bimpsy_7

Jun 7, 2021
I'm on the same situation... Our timeline is very similar and I'm also waiting for the medical request.
I think the request for medical and PCC is dependent on the visa office our files are sent to. Looks like its CPC Mississauga's format to request for those upfront. Its been radio silence with Montreal office. Waiting game continues

Canven84

Oct 17, 2017
hi,

I've been following the posts but first time posting here, my PGP application was submitted on Nov 8, 2021, got the ghost email on Jan 6. Biometrics invite on Mar 7 and completed biometrics on mar 24. Sponsor approval on Mar 10 and was told my application is sent to London IRCC and no request for medicals since then, I noticed most of people got the medical request within a week after biometrics are done but for us it's been 2 months and no news, anybody with the same status?

Also GCkey website used to work for me but now as soon as I login it goes to home page, is it the same for others?
Hi have almost the same timeline as you, my file was also sent to London IRCC and still no request for medical. It seems normal for that office. Maybe they'll speed up at some point. Medicals last 1 year as I understand so probably they prefer not to ask them too soon.

About the GCKey it has happened to me a few times. Try using a different browser and deleting your cookies/cache. It happens sometimes when I try to access too many times or have an update pending in the browser.