+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

ra07980

Oct 3, 2014
Hello guys

Just an update, those who are waiting for PPR, you guys may get a call from IRCC from " NO CALLER ID" number before they send PPR reuest, they will just confirm that your parents are in Canada or outside Canada.

So, just dont miss it.
Hey, Did you receive a real call? Or did you read somewhere? Can you please share high-level timelines? My timelines are in my signature.

BNG

Feb 1, 2023
Hello guys

Just an update, those who are waiting for PPR, you guys may get a call from IRCC from " NO CALLER ID" number before they send PPR reuest, they will just confirm that your parents are in Canada or outside Canada.

So, just dont miss it.
Yes an officer called me from “No Caller ID” too. Just to ask some questions.

BNG

Feb 1, 2023
Can you please share high-level timelines? Can you also let us know the processing office?
Sorry I am very new to this forum and I don’t know what is high-level timeline is. I was at Mississauga office when the officer called me. They just transferred me to the Vancouver office as I am in Alberta.

Last edited:

ra07980

Oct 3, 2014
Sorry I am very new to this forum and I don’t know what is high-level timeline is. I was at Mississauga office when the offer called me. They just transferred me to the Vancouver office as I am in Alberta.
Sure, My timelines are in my signature for your reference.

BNG

Feb 1, 2023
Sure, My timelines are in my signature for your reference.
Thank you. I have looked at your signature. Way ahead of me. I received request for biometric last week. No medical yet. I submitted my application in September 2021. My parents went to the visa office to do the biometric. Do I have to do anything from my side? Do I need to submit any documents to proof that biometric’s are done?

Last edited:
Reactions: ra07980

ra07980

Oct 3, 2014
Thank you. I have looked at your signature. Way ahead of me. I received request for biometric last week. No medical yet. I submitted my application in September 2021. My parents went to the visa office to do the biometric. Do I have to do anything from my side? Do I need to submit any documents to proof that biometric’s are done?
No, at this time, no action is required from the applicant. However, you can open a gckey account to track applications.

Reactions: BNG

BNG

Feb 1, 2023
Afraid of those immigration scam. Just curious did you verify it first that it’s a legitimate call?
Oh yes. It was a legitimate call. The officer asked me why I have changed my father’s status now. Also told me that I am going to send you some additional forms to fill and I don’t want to wait 30 days. I received the latter within few minutes I have talked.

BNG

Feb 1, 2023
No, at this time, no action is required from the applicant. However, you can open a gckey account to track applications.
I am not able to track my application any way. I have tried to link the application but no result found.

xxyz

Nov 23, 2022
Hey, Did you receive a real call? Or did you read somewhere? Can you please share high-level timelines? My timelines are in my signature.

Hello Sir

I got Pcc request in Oct/08/2022 and Pre - arrival on 13th/Oct/2022 from London Office and I submitted on PCC on 16th Oct/2022.
and I got PPR on 3rd Feb2023.

PS - "In January 2023, I had asked MP from area to send an enquiry email to IRCC to get some update on my file" because I never got my application linked to IRCC account and I was relying on emails and web form.

I would suggest that if you are waiting for PPR for a long time, then ask your area's MP to send an inquiry on your behalf in requesting manner and not to order IRCC to sent PPR.
Just send an inquiry so that they see your file, sometimes files get lost and do not send inquiry from MP again and again as this can UPSET immigration officer handling your file.

Raise a web form your side, it will just move your file and will bring your into some notice---- if you are waiting for a long time.

These were just some ways I tried.

Reactions: BNG

ra07980

Oct 3, 2014
Hello Sir

I got Pcc request in Oct/08/2022 and Pre - arrival on 13th/Oct/2022 from London Office and I submitted on PCC on 16th Oct/2022.
and I got PPR on 3rd Feb2023.

PS - "In January 2023, I had asked MP from area to send an enquiry email to IRCC to get some update on my file" because I never got my application linked to IRCC account and I was relying on emails and web form.

I would suggest that if you are waiting for PPR for a long time, then ask your area's MP to send an inquiry on your behalf in requesting manner and not to order IRCC to sent PPR.
Just send an inquiry so that they see your file, sometimes files get lost and do not send inquiry from MP again and again as this can UPSET immigration officer handling your file.

Raise a web form your side, it will just move your file and will bring your into some notice---- if you are waiting for a long time.

These were just some ways I tried.
Congratulation! When did you first submit your application?

Deltaedmonton

Sep 28, 2021
I'm able to download the COPR from PR portal. I did get the email from CIC that it's available for download. For us the status for Address is: "Accepted by IRCC" and for picture its - "In review with IRCC"
Message received today from IRCC PR Portal email, e-COPR is available for download.
thanks all for the valuable guidance on each step of the process.

Reactions: kafepoche