+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and grandparents sponsorship 2020

sharadsinha

Star Member
Feb 7, 2015
Hello, my parents are also in Canada and visiting me on a visa. Their Visa is expiring soon. Do they need to return to India or can stay here as I have received the file number now? Also, I see that they have sent the file for processing to New Delhi. Should that not ne processed in Canada since my parents were here when I applied?
One thing you need to find out if they can get the medical done in Canada or not? I feel its better if the sponsored person is in India as they may have to handle Police verification and other stuff too. Not sure what is the location ( of your parents) you have mentioned while applying.

sharadsinha

Star Member
Feb 7, 2015
From yesterday the page to link the application is not opening. After login in through sing-in partner it takes me back to home page.

sharadsinha

Star Member
Feb 7, 2015
Does anyone went for Biometric ? My In laws have got the letter to get it done within one month. No slots available at VFS global at Kolkata on viewing online portal.

loveanurse

Oct 20, 2021
Hi,
I just received my mother-in-law’s biometrics today Thursday October 20,2021.Trying to get them appointment online at VfS Global in Manila.Don’t know how it is done at this time with restrictions.

Atif.Ayub

Star Member
Dec 4, 2009
Mississauga, ON, Canada
Visa Office......
Buffalo
App. Filed.......
18-09-2009
Doc's Request.
11-12-2009
AOR Received.
29-04-2010
Med's Request
04-11-2010
Med's Done....
17-12-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2011 (in person-Buffalo)
LANDED..........
24-05-2011

sharadsinha

Star Member
Feb 7, 2015
Hi,
I just received my mother-in-law’s biometrics today Thursday October 20,2021.Trying to get them appointment online at VfS Global in Manila.Don’t know how it is done at this time with restrictions.
I had to wait almost 1.5 months to get an appointment. Its highly unlikely to get appointment within one month

Premsinghr

Sep 17, 2017
Hi,

My parents got selected in PGP2020 draw and received their medical in March, 2022. My Mom has a creatinine level of 2.5 (medical was done in India). She is also diabetic but not severe. Will that create a problem in getting her the Permanent Residency. As for my Dad's report, it is fine.

Can someone please help if you have any info.

Regards,

Premsinghr

Sep 17, 2017
Hi,

My parents got selected in PGP2020 draw and received their medical in March, 2022. My Mom has a creatinine level of 2.5 (medical was done in India). She is also diabetic but not severe. Will that create a problem in getting her the Permanent Residency. As for my Dad's report, it is fine.

Regards,

Premsinghr

Sep 17, 2017
Hi,

My parents got selected in PGP2020 draw and received their medical in March, 2022. My Mom has a creatinine level of 2.5 (normal is 0.9-1.4). The medical was done in India. She is also diabetic but not severe. Will that create a problem in getting her the Permanent Residency. As for my Dad's report, it is fine.

Regards,

Premsinghr

Sep 17, 2017
Hi,

My parents got selected in PGP2020 draw and received their medical in March, 2022. My Mom has a creatinine level of 2.5 (normal is 0.9-1.4). The medical was done in India. She is also diabetic but not severe. Will that create a problem in getting her the Permanent Residency. As for my Dad's report, it is fine.

Regards,

K@D

Mar 11, 2021
Has anyone received further communication on your file? I had received the file number back in September and no update after that. Online status shows ‘In Process’. I heard some people have completed the medical too.

omnisap

Star Member
Jan 4, 2012
Hi,

How did you guys upload a photo of parents with the signature and stamp? Can i ask my parents to scan and send it and i can upload (or) how did you guys do it?

Appreciate your help

N

K@D

Mar 11, 2021
Hi,

How did you guys upload a photo of parents with the signature and stamp? Can i ask my parents to scan and send it and i can upload (or) how did you guys do it?

Appreciate your help

N
This is a paper application. Not sure what you meant by uploading the photo. There is no way to upload them. Your parents should send you the latest photos (hard copies) having the stamp of photographer at the back. The stamp should have the date photos were taken and the address of photographer or the shop.