+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and grandparents sponsorship 2020

Hopefulguy

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is there a thread for this or is this the first?
I have a question please.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Reactions: Hopefulguy

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Parents and Grandparents Program 2020

Hello Everyone,
I received an invitation to submit a complete application to sponsor your parents and grandparents as part of the 2020 Parents and Grandparents Program on January 6th 2021. I have checked all the forms and figured out that my parents do NOT have BIRTH CERTIFICATE or any similar document. A friend of mine in US went through the same situation when his parents couldn't provide the Birth certificate as they don't have any municipality record in India. My friend got a Non-availability Certificate from Municipal governing body which describes the non existence of any record of event to the birth. The US immigration accept this affidavit.

I would like to know what shall I do in Canadian scenario as my parents do have an affidavit for the non existence of the record. Does Canadian Immigration accept this affidavit in place of Birth Certificate.
Another thing I need to mentioned that they got their marriage (in January 1981) registered in 2019. I hope this is acceptable too.

Can someone please help?
Please join the thread above.

Reactions: sharadsinha

tkshah

Jan 19, 2021
Hello All,

How should I submit the photograph to IRCC ? As my parents are in India and I have digital photocopy of them but Can I go to costco and print those photo with that costco address and detail at the back of the photo ? as that photo hasn't really taken in that costco... ??

natsy

May 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 4, 2013
AOR Received.
Feb. 18, 2013; OWP: May 2, 2013; AIP: May 20, 2014
Med's Request
LC2: May 20, 2014
Med's Done....
LC2: June 5, 2014; LC2 Docs Rcvd: June 23, 2014; PR approval email: July 21, 2014
Interview........
Aug. 20, 2014
Passport Req..
LC2 PPR: July 21, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LC2 Visa Issued: Oct. 29, 2014
LANDED..........
Aug. 20, 2014
Hello All,

How should I submit the photograph to IRCC ? As my parents are in India and I have digital photocopy of them but Can I go to costco and print those photo with that costco address and detail at the back of the photo ? as that photo hasn't really taken in that costco... ??
i think your parents have to send it ti you via courier. that’s what we’re going to do as well. tell them to send it together with hand-signed forms

tkshah

Jan 19, 2021
i think your parents have to send it ti you via courier. that’s what we’re going to do as well. tell them to send it together with hand-signed forms
but the signatures are ok if its scanned copies...as per the instructions... need to know about photographs..

Reactions: natsy
Feb 1, 2021
Hello everyone!
I got the invitation to apply for Parents Sponsorship Program. I have a question. My parents were married in India before my mother turned 18, do you think this could be an issue? Also, there used to be no marriage certificates at that time, so they will be getting an affidavit of marriage. But I am worried about the legality of my mother's age when she got married.
Please advise!
Thanks in advance!

gsbanwait17

Star Member
Sep 23, 2017
Hello everyone!
I got the invitation to apply for Parents Sponsorship Program. I have a question. My parents were married in India before my mother turned 18, do you think this could be an issue? Also, there used to be no marriage certificates at that time, so they will be getting an affidavit of marriage. But I am worried about the legality of my mother's age when she got married.
Please advise!
Thanks in advance!
Age should not be problem. You can always apply for marriage certificate in India. They will issue you marriage certificate instead of affidavit

kdaa

Jan 19, 2018
Hi everyone,
Would you send the application by courier or Canada Post? They only provided a PO box.

sharadsinha

Star Member
Feb 7, 2015
Hello All,

Hope this question is for the family sponsorship application. If your parents are in India then how they are signing the forms required for family class sponsorship? ( All of them can't be signed digitally ) The photo submitted at CIC must have the stamp of the photo studio and the date on which the picture was taken( Costco or any other studio). If you simply taking a printout from Costco, they will not put their stamp on it. There is no other "legal" way than your parents sending pictures taken from India with stamp and date and sending the same via courier to you.

sharadsinha

Star Member
Feb 7, 2015
Hello everyone!
Please advise!
Thanks in advance!
You need a marriage registration certificate to legally prove your parents are married. This can be acquired an any state marriage registrar in India. ( Affidavit may not work) . Regarding the legal age of your mother, I don't think that is going to be a problem. ( OR else you can declare the marriage date when your mother turned 18 ( anyways you don't have any document for the original marriage date), until and unless it does not contradicts any other info like the date of childbirth etc).