+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and grandparents sponsorship 2020

K@D

Mar 11, 2021
Cic got our application on Jan 14. Anyone knows how long for application number?
I have the same question. My application was received by them around the same time. I used Canada Post. There is no other information and I am concerned if it went to the right place or not.

K@D

Mar 11, 2021
Please join the thread above.
Birth certificate of parents is only needed if you are also inviting your grandparents to show the relationship proof between your parents and grandparents. If you are just inviting your parents then you need their marriage certificate.

sharadsinha

Star Member
Feb 7, 2015
Has anyone received acknowledgement from CIC for Parents and Grandparents sponsorship application? My application was received in Feb 2021 but no acknowledgement till date or any UCI number.

K@D

Mar 11, 2021
Has anyone received acknowledgement from CIC for Parents and Grandparents sponsorship application? My application was received in Feb 2021 but no acknowledgement till date or any UCI number.
Glad to see that you asked. I am into the same situation. No response since Feb. At least I am not alone here.

Reactions: sharadsinha

sharadsinha

Star Member
Feb 7, 2015
Glad to see that you asked. I am into the same situation. No response since Feb. At least I am not alone here.
on 3rd September we got a email from CIC with UCI number and asking to submit proof of income again. I think with elections approaching the government will start processing those application which were lying unattended for 7-8 months.

marcus_214

Feb 8, 2021
Hi everyone, do any of you know what's the process after the Medical exam for the PGP 2020 applicants? My parents had their medical request on Sep 3 and they've already taken it. Anyone know what'd be the next steps? Will they need the Police Clearance certificate?

Reactions: sharadsinha

sharadsinha

Star Member
Feb 7, 2015
Hi everyone, do any of you know what's the process after the Medical exam for the PGP 2020 applicants? My parents had their medical request on Sep 3 and they've already taken it. Anyone know what'd be the next steps? Will they need the Police Clearance certificate?
Hi Marcus,
When did you submit the application? When did you hear from CIC first? We have just got the UCI number on 3rd September 2021. My application was summited in Feb 2021. events with date will help all of us to understand expected steps.