+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and grandparents sponsorship 2020

marcus_214

Feb 8, 2021
Hi Marcus,
When did you submit the application? When did you hear from CIC first? We have just got the UCI number on 3rd September 2021. My application was summited in Feb 2021. events with date will help all of us to understand expected steps.
application submitted - 8th Feb
AOR - never received
Application in process - since 12th Aug
Medical requested - 3rd sep
Biometrics - have valid ones

Reactions: sharadsinha

jadeja

Oct 6, 2011
application submitted - 8th Feb
AOR - never received
Application in process - since 12th Aug
Medical requested - 3rd sep
Biometrics - have valid ones
Hello marcus_214
Are your parents in Canada? My timelines are similar to you but no update.
Did you get medical pass status and PCC request?
Thanks

marcus_214

Feb 8, 2021
Hello marcus_214
Are your parents in Canada? My timelines are similar to you but no update.
Did you get medical pass status and PCC request?
Thanks
hey, yeah they were in canada when they got the medical request (they were visiting me on visitor visa).
no we did not get the medical pass status yet or got called for the PCC!

K@D

Mar 11, 2021
Hi Marcus,
When did you submit the application? When did you hear from CIC first? We have just got the UCI number on 3rd September 2021. My application was summited in Feb 2021. events with date will help all of us to understand expected steps.
on 3rd September we got a email from CIC with UCI number and asking to submit proof of income again. I think with elections approaching the government will start processing those application which were lying unattended for 7-8 months.
****UPDATE****
I just received the file number today. They have also confirmed that I am eligible to sponsor my parents. I also tried linking the application but its not working. I will try again in few days.

K@D

Mar 11, 2021
hey, yeah they were in canada when they got the medical request (they were visiting me on visitor visa).
no we did not get the medical pass status yet or got called for the PCC!
Hello, my parents are also in Canada and visiting me on a visa. Their Visa is expiring soon. Do they need to return to India or can stay here as I have received the file number now? Also, I see that they have sent the file for processing to New Delhi. Should that not ne processed in Canada since my parents were here when I applied?

marcus_214

Feb 8, 2021
Hello, my parents are also in Canada and visiting me on a visa. Their Visa is expiring soon. Do they need to return to India or can stay here as I have received the file number now? Also, I see that they have sent the file for processing to New Delhi. Should that not ne processed in Canada since my parents were here when I applied?
I am not sure to be honest! I just got an email today saying that their office is CPC Mississauga even though they live in Bangladesh and when I applied they were in Bangladesh!

K@D

Mar 11, 2021
I am not sure to be honest! I just got an email today saying that their office is CPC Mississauga even though they live in Bangladesh and when I applied they were in Bangladesh!
Thanks for your response. I will try calling their office.

sharadsinha

Star Member
Feb 7, 2015
****UPDATE****
I just received the file number today. They have also confirmed that I am eligible to sponsor my parents. I also tried linking the application but its not working. I will try again in few days.
I have sent the financial document again but when I check the status it says "It was received on 17th Deb 2021 and under processing". No other update liek other people are getting Ex. "Under process since Aug..... "

sharadsinha

Star Member
Feb 7, 2015
Thanks for your response. I will try calling their office.
The application is transferred to the nearest office from where the sponsor live. My processing office is Mississauga too. Later the file will be shifted to the country of the sponsored persons. Will be Dhaka( Bangladesh) I assume in your case.

Reactions: marcus_214

K@D

Mar 11, 2021
Hello Everyone, Can anyone please guide me on linking the file to my profile? I have been trying doing it with the needed information but it keeps telling me that file not found. Not sure what’s wrong.

Reactions: sharadsinha