+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

anand_r

Jul 24, 2011
On the IMM008 form we indicated province where parents intend to live would be BC - Vancouver. However since this was submitted in 2019, we have moved to Ottawa, Ontario and as such if and when my parents receive the COPR, the landing airport will be Toronto or Ottawa. Can someone reliably advice if there is an issue here, i.e. our current / actual city is in Ottawa, Ontario but the Intended city mentioned on the form was Vancouver, BC.

Reactions: laxsun

new101user

Apr 25, 2019
HI, I'm hoping if someone might have come across this issue or know of anything? I have received a request to submit my parent passport. The visa office is from Mexico city but when my parent submit to vfs, by mistake, they did not mention to the representative that it's suppose to be mailed to mexico city and it was sent to another visa office that's closest to their country. Does anyone if the visa office will be able to issue the visa or will it forward to mexico city? Any suggestion. THANKS

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
On the IMM008 form we indicated province where parents intend to live would be BC - Vancouver. However since this was submitted in 2019, we have moved to Ottawa, Ontario and as such if and when my parents receive the COPR, the landing airport will be Toronto or Ottawa. Can someone reliably advice if there is an issue here, i.e. our current / actual city is in Ottawa, Ontario but the Intended city mentioned on the form was Vancouver, BC.
There will be no issue in changing the address. Your parents have to give the new address to the processing CBSA officer during landing for the delivery of PR Cards.

Last edited:

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016

prishah

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
June 2019 applicant
Sponsorship approved in Nov 2019
Biometric in March 2020
COVID 19
Medical May 2021, PCC, Family information form all May 2021 Sent all within 2 weeks
Nothing since then
London office
Parents in Canada on visitor's visa since Oct 2021, informed IRCC and London office, they are not changing address as they are visitor
Connected with my MP twice, same answer in process
Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
On My end, my parents are residing in Canada since October 2021 , and I immediately informed them their change of address. Then On February 02, I got passport request and if any change of address , I should let them know, which I did . As they are already in Canada on visitor , so as per letter I received from IRCC, they are consider as Virtual Landed immigrants. Hence, now waiting for their Co-PR

Reactions: morinda

av1988

Mar 28, 2015
india
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19 dec 2014
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
9th March 2015
AOR Received.
8th May 2015
IELTS Request
sent with app
Is it true that parents above 75 years of age don’t get selected in PGP

Red and Black

Mar 12, 2012
Next step after medical is decision made for principal applicant provided you have biometrics valid and PCC is sent.
Many cases got finalized last month from London.
When was the medical pass date?
Medical pass date was mid January 2022.

Quick question: is one year validity of medicals from the date passed on CIC or is it from the date when actual medical was done?

My file is in Mississauga I believe.

canada4life_pgp2019

Star Member
Oct 14, 2020
Received PPR today. All the best everyone! There is light at the end of the tunnel :)

origin: india for 1 person (mother in law)
Submitted application : june 17, 2019
1st medical : feb 2020
2nd medical : august 2021
PPR & pre-arrival services: jan 25, 2022
submitted passport: feb 3, 2022
got stamped passport back : feb 21, 2022

Reactions: av1988 and YVR123

RAY2112

Jul 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's not true. I don't think they have set an age limit. But it depends on their health condition. If they pass their medical exams, then their application can be approved as well.
Age does not matter as YVR123 mentioned if they can pass the medical test they are good.

Reactions: YVR123

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Today received the passports and CoPR all good now :), wish you all of you Luck.
Was a long journey but worth it, I learned a lot form you guys.
Thank you
@laxsun
Congratulations!
Wish your parents smooth landing. Hope they will not have to do PRC test to come to Canada.
Are your parents from Pakistan? It is blank in the tracker.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Medical pass date was mid January 2022.

Quick question: is one year validity of medicals from the date passed on CIC or is it from the date when actual medical was done?

My file is in Mississauga I believe.
One year is counted from medical pass date that can be seen in the MyCIC Page.
If you have not sent PCC of your mom, I suggest you to send it so that her application may have chance of being looked upon.