+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Budi07

May 21, 2015
Hello everyone,

please if someone can help? My application for parental sponsorship was approved and later on it was sent to London UK in Sep 2021. Since then I have not received any more info from them. I tried calling IRCC here and they had no information either. What can I do in this scenario. Its been more than 2.5 years already.They haven’t even asked for biometric yet. What can I do?
When did they receive your application or when you did submit , not to disappoint you but mine was received May 2019 sent to London 2020 and still in progress wish you the best but London LVO is too slow. You may try calling IRCC you can speak to agent or hear the file status

hannan_1949

Star Member
Oct 25, 2019
Hello everyone,

please if someone can help? My application for parental sponsorship was approved and later on it was sent to London UK in Sep 2021. Since then I have not received any more info from them. I tried calling IRCC here and they had no information either. What can I do in this scenario. Its been more than 2.5 years already.They haven’t even asked for biometric yet. What can I do?
Pl give time line

HKIMM

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
Hello Everyone,

My parents would be travelling (from India/Punjab) on PR next week.

I am filling the details on ArriveCAN (web version) and got stuck at "What best describes you or your primary reason for entering Canada?"

Should I select "Family reunification" or "Other"

I checked further details of "Family reunification" option, They have mentioned "You must bring a signed statutory declaration proving your extended family relationship."

A quick response would be very helpful.

Thanks.
Select Family reunification..

I have completed PR landing this week under Family reunification and there no such document is required as mentioned in your post..

JEDI-007

Star Member
May 30, 2012
Select Family reunification..

I have completed PR landing this week under Family reunification and there no such document is required as mentioned in your post..
Thanks @HKIMM It is helpful
Do I need to provide my PR Card to my parents in case if anyone can ask at airport?

Niniaz

Jan 27, 2022
Anyone in a same situation as me?
My parents medical gets expired in February the 4th and they were asked for passports for (COPR) and their passports are in the visa office in Ankara and take time to be processed. I think we cannot made the deadline. Because their medical stuff will be expired soon. Is there anyone in like a situation as me?
Could you tell me what they are going to do? I have no idea what is going to be happened.
Please help me

hannan_1949

Star Member
Oct 25, 2019
My parents medical gets expired in February the 4th and they were asked for passports for (COPR) and their passports are in the visa office in Ankara and take time to be processed. I think we cannot made the deadline. Because their medical stuff will be expired soon. Is there anyone in like a situation as me?
Could you tell me what they are going to do? I have no idea what is going to be happened.
Please help me
Who told you that Medical expired۔ircc will decide in such cases۔

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Please help me
They may extend for a month or two.

sharadsinha

Star Member
Feb 7, 2015
Today's news is good for travellers from India to Canada.Covid testing rules being relaxed in coming week.Travellers from India are allowed to get negative report from any MCI approved labs & same reports will be valid for connecting from flight also.
means the traveler will not have to get RT PCR from transit country? IF thats the case then one can travel via any country will limited layover time. BTW whats the source of your info?

lenalucky

Star Member
Dec 19, 2012
That is what we have got today from our local MP "Our office inquired with IRCC regarding the status of your spouse’s application to sponsor her grandparents. IRCC again verified that the application was approved on July 9, 2021. IRCC noted that your spouse’s grandparents are in queue for a virtual landing ceremony. IRCC confirmed that the visa office in London continues to handle the file, and unfortunately, no expected processing times are available regarding the scheduling of the virtual landing ceremony".
I know that in order to apply for OHIP they just need the information that GP application for PR was approved and this should be the letter from IRCC with our GP names on it. In PPR letter there are no such words like "Your application was approved" on it. How can we get a letter from IRCC about current status of their application? I ordered GCMS notes 3 weeks ago, but I think same long waiting time with this like everything else.
Thank you for your reply!
Please let me know if you have any movement on your file.
Hopefully, after such a long waiting it's going to be resolved soon!!!
PS, I also wonder re: medical, is it going to be considered "expired " after 12 months even if decision 2 was already made?

JEDI-007

Star Member
May 30, 2012
They can't travel before 14 days
This is the latest press release on Jan 28

https://www.canada.ca/en/transport-canada/news/2022/01/government-of-canada-provides-update-about-canadas-border-measures.html

In this they have mentioned:

Quick facts
  • The Government of Canada continues to require that all travellers, unless specifically exempted, have a valid negative pre-departure COVID-19 molecular test result taken no more than 72 hours before a scheduled flight to Canada or arrival at the land border, or a previous positive molecular test result taken between 10 and 180 days before departure to Canada.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
This is the latest press release on Jan 28

https://www.canada.ca/en/transport-canada/news/2022/01/government-of-canada-provides-update-about-canadas-border-measures.html

In this they have mentioned:

Quick facts
  • The Government of Canada continues to require that all travellers, unless specifically exempted, have a valid negative pre-departure COVID-19 molecular test result taken no more than 72 hours before a scheduled flight to Canada or arrival at the land border, or a previous positive molecular test result taken between 10 and 180 days before departure to Canada.
Very tough to know when your father may test negative. It can be quite a while. Unfortunately there is no other option but to delay travel. You can attempt to book a new flight but make sure you can still change the flight if he is still testing negative. If the COPR is expiring soon he should be able to get an extension. Unfortunately there is a chance he could have to do another medical because if COPR is expiring because some have severe longterm side effects from Covid. Unfortunate timing. I hope your mother is trying to remain isolated from him and wearing a mask in the house although she has likely already been infected.