1/March/2010 received 26/March/2010
Med's Done....
17April/2010. Additional documents sent 28/April
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
5/May/2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec. 10, 2010. Received January 11, 2011.
LANDED..........
March 10, 2011
Hi Friends, I need your advice.

My application was in process since Jan 7, 2020, (biometric completed) and we have not heard anything from CIC Canada; I wanted to meet my parents so finally we applied for Supervisa in December 2021, completed medical in advance for the supervisa.

Today, I received a medical request from my parents from CIC Canada in regards to my PR application - must be completed within 30 days. What should be my next step?

1) try to do it again?
2) contact them? CIC web form? I heard that they are not replying fast enough and I do not want to miss the date.

In addition, I have not yet received an eligibility approval letter so I am not sure what is going on?

Anybody with similar experience please help.

:)
Hi there
I was in your same situation. My moms medicals were requested for SuperVisa in Feb 2021 and it showed passed on March 2021. Then VO Mexico requested them again for her PR application. What I did was sent an email to the same email they asked me to send all documents and told them her Meds were passed on the exact date and I even sent scan documents of the IME form the Physician gives you and a picture of the cic account showing it said passed. I did asked if it needed to be redone since it was less than 1 yr. They did reply saying she didn’t need to and they had already confirmed they’re passed. Hope this helps.
Good Luck.

Pancham S

Jan 19, 2015
Guys I would appreciate your help in this, got PPR LETTER on December3rd 2021 for my Parents, I have submitted multiple webforms since December 3rd and after that my Parents are in Canada, but I haven't got any email regarding virtual landing, its been almost 2 months now. So just wondering what's happening and what's the solution for this?
Please Advise.
Thx

JEDI-007

Star Member
May 30, 2012
Today's news is good for travellers from India to Canada.Covid testing rules being relaxed in coming week.Travellers from India are allowed to get negative report from any MCI approved labs & same reports will be valid for connecting from flight also.
Thats great news!!

Can I please get the link/reference where I can find this update ?

lenalucky

Star Member
Dec 19, 2012
if they have travel visas they can come and wait for their landing process here in Canada. We did it because we wanted GP attend their granddaughter wedding here and before getting PPR our process was pretty much smooth but still waiting for invitation to portal to make virtual landing (since 12 July), MP didn't help, everybody keep saying just to wait. If GP were back home they would get their everything long time ago and come to Canada to do their regular landing in the airport)).
I guess we are in the same boat. After long waiting, my mom came here, as I started full time job and part-time studying. The next day we received PPR. Today exactly 4 month since how we are waiting for virtual landing link.... So frustrating. Now we need to apply for extension of her visitor visa. I wonder, why that happened? I feel like we are at the end of another long line. I guess now our application considered from inside Canada and stuck in a very long queue...

OlyaMK

Apr 3, 2018
I guess we are in the same boat. After long waiting, my mom came here, as I started full time job and part-time studying. The next day we received PPR. Today exactly 4 month since how we are waiting for virtual landing link.... So frustrating. Now we need to apply for extension of her visitor visa. I wonder, why that happened? I feel like we are at the end of another long line. I guess now our application considered from inside Canada and stuck in a very long queue...
That is what we have got today from our local MP "Our office inquired with IRCC regarding the status of your spouse’s application to sponsor her grandparents. IRCC again verified that the application was approved on July 9, 2021. IRCC noted that your spouse’s grandparents are in queue for a virtual landing ceremony. IRCC confirmed that the visa office in London continues to handle the file, and unfortunately, no expected processing times are available regarding the scheduling of the virtual landing ceremony".
I know that in order to apply for OHIP they just need the information that GP application for PR was approved and this should be the letter from IRCC with our GP names on it. In PPR letter there are no such words like "Your application was approved" on it. How can we get a letter from IRCC about current status of their application? I ordered GCMS notes 3 weeks ago, but I think same long waiting time with this like everything else.

Niniaz

Jan 27, 2022
Anyone in a same situation as me?
My parents medical gets expired in February the 4th and they were asked for passports for (COPR) and their passports are in the visa office in Ankara and take time to be processed. I think we cannot made the deadline. Because their medical stuff will be expired soon. Is there anyone in like a situation as me?
Could you tell me what they are going to do? I have no idea what is going to be happened.
Please help me

girl_ON

Star Member
Jul 10, 2013
Last year, more than eighty thousand people submit the Interest and out of those only around four thousand were eligible. So IRCC has to go for another round. This year too, there were people who were playing darts in the dark.
Because IRCC never asked for proof of Income, everyone tried their luck. I bet you there are people who got the Confirmation emails but they do not qualify for sponsorship.
Also, it will come as a surprise who didnt even double checked and hit Submit.
HI There

I submitted the application with the confirmation number. it was back in OCt 2021. How do I know if I am eligible? because i dont know how to go back to check it now. Please help.

girl_ON

Star Member
Jul 10, 2013
Hi , my parents in Germany, Please see info below sent by my MP:
PGP sponsorship
Received May 29 2019
Processing in Mississauga office
- Eligibility of sponsor is passed
- Principal Applicant – Eligibility and medicals passed
- Security and criminality are in progress

Requests sent on Nov 9th 2021- RCMP criminal record check, CV, Schedule A, RPRF payment, police certificates. Must be received by Dec 9th 2021.
We sent all requested info back December 2nd *** --16!!!!!PAGES OF DETAIL RESUME WORK AND SCHOOL INFO FROM AGE 181!!! I can not believe that they asked for that. My Parents 80+!!!! Can you imagine my frustration !?
And once again there is no movement almost 2 month!. Today I send another letter to my MP. Ask him following up again. Hopefully it's will help and move the stone!
hi yana

When you said you receive May 2019.. meant received the invitation?
I SENT the interest of sponsor back in Oct 23 2021. I got the email with the confirmation letter. But now I dont know where to check if I am eligible or not? suppose to be another step? I know i made enough income to sponsor.
please help me. its more than a year.

JEDI-007

Star Member
May 30, 2012
Hello Everyone,

My parents would be travelling (from India/Punjab) on PR next week.

I am filling the details on ArriveCAN (web version) and got stuck at "What best describes you or your primary reason for entering Canada?"

Should I select "Family reunification" or "Other"

I checked further details of "Family reunification" option, They have mentioned "You must bring a signed statutory declaration proving your extended family relationship."

A quick response would be very helpful.

Thanks.

hannan_1949

Star Member
Oct 25, 2019
Hello Everyone,

My parents would be travelling (from India/Punjab) on PR next week.

I am filling the details on ArriveCAN (web version) and got stuck at "What best describes you or your primary reason for entering Canada?"

Should I select "Family reunification" or "Other"

I checked further details of "Family reunification" option, They have mentioned "You must bring a signed statutory declaration proving your extended family relationship."

A quick response would be very helpful.

Thanks.
Family reunification

Reactions: laxsun

Dr.SN777

Jan 29, 2022
Hello everyone,

please if someone can help? My application for parental sponsorship was approved and later on it was sent to London UK in Sep 2021. Since then I have not received any more info from them. I tried calling IRCC here and they had no information either. What can I do in this scenario. Its been more than 2.5 years already.They haven’t even asked for biometric yet. What can I do?

topgun94

Jul 14, 2018
@calgary17 @serious_cheese
Guys I would appreciate your help in this, got PPR LETTER on December3rd 2021 for my Parents, I have submitted multiple webforms since December 3rd and after that my Parents are in Canada, but I haven't got any email regarding virtual landing, its been almost 2 months now. So just wondering what's happening and what's the solution for this?
Please Advise.
Thx
Try emailing to this address https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/pr-confirmation-portal-timelines.734183/post-9611217

rang_canada

Star Member
Jun 7, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
App. Filed.......
2019-04-29
File Transfer...
2019-07-08
Med's Request
2019-07-08
Med's Done....
2019-07-17
Does Copr or landing paper show sponsors name?