+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

shivi1234

Jan 2, 2020
If he is in India, then he should get one from passport office in India. You can’t get it from here then.
Sorry I meant my mother is here and father is in India, can I get my dad to collect for both my mother and himself?
Can I apply for my mother in India or since she is here I have to apply from here?

canada4life_pgp2019

Star Member
Oct 14, 2020
I can see decision made in Ecas for my Mother in law. But didn't get the PR confirmation email yet. How much time it takes to get that?

the application for my parents (different file) is still in progress...

karthit

Feb 5, 2012
I received two letters from IRCC - CPC Mississauga on Jan 20,2022 regarding my parents application.
1. Letter asking to submit the Passport, 2 photos, RPRF fee proof and Height and Eye color for Principal applicant and dependents
2. Pre-arrival Service letter

Questions:
1. My parents live in Bangalore, India. Where do these documents need to be submitted? VFS says they don't allow people in their offices apart from Biometrics due to Covid. Should I just use the 2-way courier service with them where the passport and the documents are picked up from home and returned back?
2. Where and how do the Height and Eye color details need to be provided for the applicants?

Thanks in advance for your help!

OlyaMK

Apr 3, 2018
Check cell no X2 of 2019 Tracker.
48.8% (422 out of 864) have reported they have received PPR.
Why do you think that getting PPR is considered that application has been finalized? We got PPR 6 months ago and still waiting for Portal Invitation for virtual landing. We consider that our file is not finalized yet.

Reactions: caninfoseeker

RAY2112

Jul 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Why do you think that getting PPR is considered that application has been finalized? We got PPR 6 months ago and still waiting for Portal Invitation for virtual landing. We consider that our file is not finalized yet.
Is it the new rule that PRs need to go through the virtual landing?

RAY2112

Jul 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
for people who are already in Canada the only option they have is Virtual Landing to become PR
Thanks for your reply, my parents are outside Canada now, So I guess they have to go through the regular landing process.

OlyaMK

Apr 3, 2018
Thanks for your reply, my parents are outside Canada now, So I guess they have to go through the regular landing process.
if they have travel visas they can come and wait for their landing process here in Canada. We did it because we wanted GP attend their granddaughter wedding here and before getting PPR our process was pretty much smooth but still waiting for invitation to portal to make virtual landing (since 12 July), MP didn't help, everybody keep saying just to wait. If GP were back home they would get their everything long time ago and come to Canada to do their regular landing in the airport)).

Reactions: RAY2112

RAY2112

Jul 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
if they have travel visas they can come and wait for their landing process here in Canada. We did it because we wanted GP attend their granddaughter wedding here and before getting PPR our process was pretty much smooth but still waiting for invitation to portal to make virtual landing (since 12 July), MP didn't help, everybody keep saying just to wait. If GP were back home they would get their everything long time ago and come to Canada to do their regular landing in the airport)).
Thank you for sharing your story, and good luck!

karthit

Feb 5, 2012
I received two letters from IRCC - CPC Mississauga on Jan 20,2022 regarding my parents application.
1. Letter asking to submit the Passport, 2 photos, RPRF fee proof and Height and Eye color for Principal applicant and dependents
2. Pre-arrival Service letter

Questions:
1. My parents live in Bangalore, India. Where do these documents need to be submitted? VFS says they don't allow people in their offices apart from Biometrics due to Covid. Should I just use the 2-way courier service with them where the passport and the documents are picked up from home and returned back?
2. Where and how do the Height and Eye color details need to be provided for the applicants?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Would really appreciate if someone could provide clarification!!!

@YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun @jayeshaminnew @serious_cheese

Request you to please update the info in tracker. Thanks for all your help!
  • Line # in tracker: 741
  • Username: karthit
    • Interest to sponsor form - Jan 28, 2019
    • Invitation to submit form - Apr 25, 2019
    • Application received at Ottawa – Jun 19, 2019
    • AOR - Nov 27, 2019
    • In Process (as per CAS) – Feb 21, 2020
    • Local Visa office for processing assigned – CPC-Mississauga
    • Biometrics Request - Mar 11, 2020
    • Sponsorship Decision made - Mar 12, 2020
    • 1st Medical Request - Mar 12, 2020
    • Biometrics and Medical completion - Mar 16, 2020
    • Additional Documents requested (Passport copies/PCC/Travel history/CV) – Apr 9, 2020
    • 2nd Medical Request – Jul 19, 2021
    • Medical completed - Jul 2021
    • Additional Medical Request – Jul 28, 2021
    • Medical Passed - Aug 2021
    • Additional Documents requested (Proof of Biometrics/Proof of Relationship) – Dec 8, 2021
    • Passport Request - Jan 20, 2022
    • Pre-arrival service letter – Jan 20, 2022

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Would really appreciate if someone could provide clarification!!!

@YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun @jayeshaminnew @serious_cheese

Request you to please update the info in tracker. Thanks for all your help!
  • Line # in tracker: 741
  • Username: karthit
    • Interest to sponsor form - Jan 28, 2019
    • Invitation to submit form - Apr 25, 2019
    • Application received at Ottawa – Jun 19, 2019
    • AOR - Nov 27, 2019
    • In Process (as per CAS) – Feb 21, 2020
    • Local Visa office for processing assigned – CPC-Mississauga
    • Biometrics Request - Mar 11, 2020
    • Sponsorship Decision made - Mar 12, 2020
    • 1st Medical Request - Mar 12, 2020
    • Biometrics and Medical completion - Mar 16, 2020
    • Additional Documents requested (Passport copies/PCC/Travel history/CV) – Apr 9, 2020
    • 2nd Medical Request – Jul 19, 2021
    • Medical completed - Jul 2021
    • Additional Medical Request – Jul 28, 2021
    • Medical Passed - Aug 2021
    • Additional Documents requested (Proof of Biometrics/Proof of Relationship) – Dec 8, 2021
    • Passport Request - Jan 20, 2022
    • Pre-arrival service letter – Jan 20, 2022
The following thread may help:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/two-way-courier-services-vfs-new-delhi-india.713205/page-277

Reactions: karthit

SoontobeCanadian123

Star Member
Apr 20, 2018
My parents did virtual landing as well but there was no such thing as portal invitation (may be the process have changed and i am not aware of it). My parents were in Pakistan and when they came to canada on visit visa i changed their address to canadian address via web form. After 3 months of their arrival, First they receive landing documents via email and after a week they receive email from IRCC etobicoke for virtual landing. May be you can check with IRCC they may have forgotten to send you the email or you may have missed the email as email can go in spam or junk folder. Hope it helps your case