NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Feb-2017

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hi Everyone, Does anyone know how long the New Delhi visa office is taking right now to stamp PR on passport? Pls help as my parents received a letter to submit passport but are already booked to travel here on a supervisa due to family need. Thank you in advance!!
Normal used to be four weeks I think. Hope they will not slow down due to Omicron Wave.

Reactions: DJay1234

DJay1234

Apr 27, 2016
Normal used to be four weeks I think. Hope they will not slow down due to Omicron Wave.
Thanks @laxsun for the info. My parents are planned to fly to Canada on 2nd Feb so 4 weeks (and possible delays) will be painful as we need them here for some personal emergency reasons. Do you know if they can travel to Canada (on supervisa) and submit their passports here instead?

homecanada

Star Member
Jun 1, 2013
Hello,
My mother is the applicant under Parent and Grandparent 2019. She is a widow and I lost my father 35 years ago. Her status was always been a widow in all of the applications and even my PR application a decade ago.
Now, IRCC is requesting the death certificate of her husband (i.e my late father); but we don't have it. What should we do? Anybody, please help.
I believe you have two options: 1. Get the certificate from the municipality if it is possible. You can use it for other purposes as well if needed.
2. Provide an explanation letter stating this situation. You can write it up and get your mother to sign.

Reactions: Debdas1

Iryna K

Feb 12, 2019
We have received IRCC - Permanent Residence Portal (PR Confirmation) email for my parents though ecas or gckey is not updated with Decision Made 2. Another thing is that based on this email, it sounds like my parents are in Canada but they are not. Have anyone experience this before? What would be the best thing to do in this situation?

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
We have received IRCC - Permanent Residence Portal (PR Confirmation) email for my parents though ecas or gckey is not updated with Decision Made 2. Another thing is that based on this email, it sounds like my parents are in Canada but they are not. Have anyone experience this before? What would be the best thing to do in this situation?
Decision Made 2 is seen only in ecas.
If your parents have visa of Canada, the easiest thing is that they can come here and land virtually.
If they need visa, you have to send webform saying that your parents are not in Canada and need PR visa to come here.

Reactions: Iryna K

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Thanks @laxsun for the info. My parents are planned to fly to Canada on 2nd Feb so 4 weeks (and possible delays) will be painful as we need them here for some personal emergency reasons. Do you know if they can travel to Canada (on supervisa) and submit their passports here instead?
You have to ask that question to the IRCC.

Last edited:
Reactions: morinda

Iryna K

Feb 12, 2019
Decision Made 2 is seen only in ecas.
If your parents have visa of Canada, the easiest thing is that they can come here and land virtually.
If they need visa, you have to send webform saying that your parents are not in Canada and need PR visa to come here.
So, this IRCC - Permanent Residence Portal (PR Confirmation) email comes separately from the decision made? Is it still not considered as decision made? They are talking about PR cards and informed us that "Your application for permanent residence has been approved."

serg777

Jun 4, 2019
@YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun @serious_cheese

Hi - kindly update row 462 serg777, my parents received their visa today Jan 20.

Interest to sponsor form - January 28, 2019
Invitation to submit form - April 26, 2019
Application received at Ottawa - May 29, 2019
AOR - September 26, 2019
Additional Documents/Biometrics/PCC - October 25, 2019
1st Medical Request - November 7, 2019
2nd PCC Request - May 6, 2021
Birth Certificate Request - July 20, 2021
2nd Medical Request - October 6, 2021
Pre-arrival service letter - October 7, 2021
Medical Passed - November 25, 2021
Passport Request - January 5, 2021
Received VISA - January 20, 2022

Thank you and good luck to all!

Last edited:

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Updating after more than two years:
15-May-2019 - Application Received
31-July-2019 - Linked application to MyCIC
09-Aug-2019 - AOR Received
05-Sept-2019 - Biometrics request (Biometrics done on Sept 12, same day MyCIC got updated)
11-Sept 2019 - Medical Request Received
11-Sept 2019 - ECAS updated to 'Decision Made' (Sponsorship Application Status)
and 'In-process' under Permanent Residence Application Status
2019, Sept 14 - Medical examination done; medical examination performed by an IRCC approved panel physician in India.
  • 2019, Sept 17 - IRCC provided a Sponsorship Approval Letter, the letter was issued by IRCC’s Case Processing Centre (CPC), Mississauga
  • 2019, Sept 29 - IRCC Requested for for Police Clearance Certificate and other additional forms
  • 2019, Oct 21 - Provided the Police Clearance Certificate and other additional forms
  • 2019, Nov 17 - IRCC requested additional Medical examination/ tests for Mother-in-law.
  • 2020, March 02 - Received a reminder email from Regional Medical Office of IRCC; asking to get additional medical tests for my Mother-in-Law done. Received Doctor’s confirmation note that the Medical Examination report for the additional medical tests of my Mother-in-Law was sent already
  • 2021, October 02 - Sent an inquiry to IRCC, asking why there is no movement in processing.
  • 2021, October 05 - IRCC sent an surprising email saying PCC and Medical were not received
  • 2022, January 05 - Arranged new PCC and submitted via web form to Mississsuga-CPC. Also, realizing the medical is expired, requested for a new medical request form
  • 2022, January 09 - In MyCIC portal, Received ReMedical Request form. IRCC also request for additional documents I.e. marriage certificate, national identity card (Aadhar), Voter ID card.

Reactions: laxsun

mintmint

Star Member
Jun 21, 2019
my application is still no movement at all after more than 2 years.
Does anyone know that Do we have to maintain the income during the following years until our parents land? what will happen if I miss a year of income ( NOt the 3 years they mentioned, the year after the sponsor's DM)?
I am too worry about my financial during these covid years and the "taking forever processing" application

Red and Black

Mar 12, 2012
All - although I haven't received the PCC request, should I still get it done and send it to IRCC to help expedite the process? Kindly advise.