+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

RQ2012

Star Member
Mar 6, 2014
Is there any way to find out what's happening with my moms file. Just waiting for passport call. 2nd medical done in July 2021 and nothing since then. All the other formalities done in jan2020. I am not able to link the file as well to my cic so relying on ecas.
@neha17, I can visualize your frustration. I was feeling the same way until recently but suddenly Mississauga VO became quick with my parents’ file.
June 2019 application.
Re-medicals in August 2021 first week.
Request for proof of relationship December 8, 2021.
Pre-arrival letter - just before the start of holidays.
Passport request - January 5, 2022.
Am sure you too will have the good news very soon.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
I agree cpc mississauga is super slow. My file is literally stuck on last step waiting for passport call. Nothing since then.
CPC-Mississauga is saying that they are busy with cases of Afghanistan which is getting priority over others. Many cases were transferred to other LVOs in the second half of 2021. @farshid55

subramani_vs

Aug 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Feb-2017
Hi, I'm new to this forum. I've got my PR application approved and planning to land in this April. Can anyone please explain when I will become eligible to sponsor my parents? From what I understood from the details present in their official website, I need to show 3 years of continuous income proof. Does this still hold true or are there any changes that have been made for this year? Is there any other program that allows us to sponsor so that I need not wait for these many years?

Red and Black

Mar 12, 2012
I finally see medicals passed on my mother's sponsorship application.

Can you anyone kindly advise what are the next steps? She already has biometrics.

misterbmw

Star Member
Apr 6, 2013
I got weird update on GCKEY yesterday:
Review of medical results
- medical results have been received

changed to:
  • June 28, 2021 You passed the medical exam.

It is very strange, since my parents passed medical in June and top of the page was showing this since then:
Latest update:
Review of medical results - June 28, 2021:You passed the medical exam.

Red and Black

Mar 12, 2012

changed to:

It is very strange, since my parents passed medical in June and top of the page was showing this since then:
Latest update:
Any further update in your application after medicals passed?

hannan_1949

Star Member
Oct 25, 2019
Hi all- my dad retired in India and is receiving his pension in a nationalized bank in India. Any suggestions on what will the best way for him to access his pension here in CAD when he moves as PR? Please guide me to the right forum is this is no the best place for this question. Thanks
Pension will be credited in bank as usual ، for life certificate each year in canada issued from Indian Consulate office۔Money can be withdrawn through Visa ATM /debit card۔

canada4life_pgp2019

Star Member
Oct 14, 2020
@neha17, I can visualize your frustration. I was feeling the same way until recently but suddenly Mississauga VO became quick with my parents’ file.
June 2019 application.
Re-medicals in August 2021 first week.
Request for proof of relationship December 8, 2021.
Pre-arrival letter - just before the start of holidays.
Passport request - January 5, 2022.
Am sure you too will have the good news very soon.
i have exact same timeline, but nothing after request for proof of relationship in early Dec 2021.

do people always get the pre-arrival letter before PPR ? or i might get PPR directly too ?

did you get "decision made" notification between pre-arrival letter and PPR ?

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016

changed to:

Latest update:
The status that you have mentioned as changed one is normal in MyCIC.
They might have missed to update the date timely.
Just wait for Decision Made for PA to happen.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
I finally see medicals passed on my mother's sponsorship application.

Can you anyone kindly advise what are the next steps? She already has biometrics.
What is the date showing for medical passed that you can find in MyCIC.
You are in tracker row no. 649. Can you tell me the medical and biometrics request dates?
If you have already sent PCC, next step is decision made for principal applicant.

Red and Black

Mar 12, 2012
What is the date showing for medical passed that you can find in MyCIC.
You are in tracker row no. 649. Can you tell me the medical and biometrics request dates?
If you have already sent PCC, next step is decision made for principal applicant.
I never received the request actually for either Biometrics or Medicals. Because of the delay in processing, I applied for my mother's supervisa and I shared the supervisa medical with IRCC to accept for sponsorship purposes. She has visited Canada before so her biometrics are still valid.

Medical passed date is Jan 2022 but my mother did her medicals in June last year.

My Sponsorship shows Decision Made and PA shows "In Process" with an added line of medicals received.

What should I expect next and what is PCC?

Thanks.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
I never received the request actually for either Biometrics or Medicals. Because of the delay in processing, I applied for my mother's supervisa and I shared the supervisa medical with IRCC to accept for sponsorship purposes. She has visited Canada before so her biometrics are still valid.

Medical passed date is Jan 2022 but my mother did her medicals in June last year.

My Sponsorship shows Decision Made and PA shows "In Process" with an added line of medicals received.

What should I expect next and what is PCC?

Thanks.
PCC: Police Clearance Certificate
You may send it pro-actively if you can obtain them for your mother.

Debdas1

Oct 10, 2020
Hello,
My mother is the applicant under Parent and Grandparent 2019. She is a widow and I lost my father 35 years ago. Her status was always been a widow in all of the applications and even my PR application a decade ago.
Now, IRCC is requesting the death certificate of her husband (i.e my late father); but we don't have it. What should we do? Anybody, please help.