+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Sardar Ali

Star Member
Mar 22, 2011
Hi, I'm new to this forum. I've got my PR application approved and planning to land in this April. Can anyone please explain when I will become eligible to sponsor my parents? From what I understood from the details present in their official website, I need to show 3 years of continuous income proof. Does this still hold true or are there any changes that have been made for this year? Is there any other program that allows us to sponsor so that I need not wait for these many years?
The current requirement for PR application is to show income for 3 years but meanwhile you may apply for super visa as well if you have required income for 1 year. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/parent-grandparent-super-visa/eligibility.html

Hanalula

Jan 3, 2022
Hi
I was a silent reader since 2019 ..i am sponsering my mother and brother ..we live in alberta their application is stuck in application recieved may 2019 ..we once dealt with the alberta minstery of security and social services back in early 2021 ..and they told us the sent document. No movement after that ..any insights of what we should do next . TIA

afged

Star Member
Jun 25, 2012
@YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun @serious_cheese /Please update Line 543 luckily my parents landed

Hi everyone i wish best of luck to each and everyone of you, my experience was unique since my parents were in Afghanistan ,

here is my timeline.

invitation received date : 25 April 2019
Application received in Ottawa June 4th 2019
Biometric : February 12, 2020 Complete
Medicals Passed 25 May 2021
Pre Arrival :December 24, 2021

I believe passport request is a month after pre arrival letter which was/will send my system automatically unless someone do it manually, anyway a month after I got passport request, an hour after they email me that passport request was send to me by error, I guess they recall the letter because conditions in Afghanistan.

I got another passport request on December 26.
my parents got there Visa on January 3rd.

the funny part is i got another passport request by email after they got their visa and passport ;)....

Now i have a question both my parents are 65+ and living in Alberta with me, will the medical/ medication cover by Alberta Gov ? or will be there any support from government...? just asking ;) i know and i am happy to take their responsibilities ;)

Thanks

afged

Star Member
Jun 25, 2012
Hi
I was a silent reader since 2019 ..i am sponsering my mother and brother ..we live in alberta their application is stuck in application recieved may 2019 ..we once dealt with the alberta minstery of security and social services back in early 2021 ..and they told us the sent document. No movement after that ..any insights of what we should do next . TIA
what do you mean by stuck ? they got their file number or something ?

RQ2012

Star Member
Mar 6, 2014
i have exact same timeline, but nothing after request for proof of relationship in early Dec 2021.

do people always get the pre-arrival letter before PPR ? or i might get PPR directly too ?

did you get "decision made" notification between pre-arrival letter and PPR ?
In my case, PPR and Decision Made (Principal Applicant) were on the same day.

Reactions: canada4life_pgp2019

neha17

Star Member
May 14, 2019
@neha17, I can visualize your frustration. I was feeling the same way until recently but suddenly Mississauga VO became quick with my parents’ file.
June 2019 application.
Re-medicals in August 2021 first week.
Request for proof of relationship December 8, 2021.
Pre-arrival letter - just before the start of holidays.
Passport request - January 5, 2022.
Am sure you too will have the good news very soon.
Congrats happy that you parents pr is approved!!I hope mine comes soon. Thank you for the encouragement

Reactions: canada4life_pgp2019

neha17

Star Member
May 14, 2019
CPC-Mississauga is saying that they are busy with cases of Afghanistan which is getting priority over others. Many cases were transferred to other LVOs in the second half of 2021. @farshid55
Ofcourse I empathize with refugees but at the same time frustrated that we are stuck coz priority is elsewhere. Hope it comes soon.

Budi07

May 21, 2015
@YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun @serious_cheese /Please update Line 543 luckily my parents landed

Hi everyone i wish best of luck to each and everyone of you, my experience was unique since my parents were in Afghanistan ,

here is my timeline.

I believe passport request is a month after pre arrival letter which was/will send my system automatically unless someone do it manually, anyway a month after I got passport request, an hour after they email me that passport request was send to me by error, I guess they recall the letter because conditions in Afghanistan.

the funny part is i got another passport request by email after they got their visa and passport ;)....

Now i have a question both my parents are 65+ and living in Alberta with me, will the medical/ medication cover by Alberta Gov ? or will be there any support from government...? just asking ;) i know and i am happy to take their responsibilities ;)

Thanks
Congratulations hope you the best meeting your parents and wish London office applicants and all hear good news soon it is been a long wait for us with this LVO.

mbshez

Nov 30, 2015
Calgary

here is my timeline.

Thanks
Congratulations on the PPR. Alberta health insurance will cover your parents as they will be Canadian Permanent Resident and you will not be responsible to pay for anything there. You are responsible for all other necessities. They can even access the social services like old age benefit, but if they do, you will get a bill for it as you have signed a paper promising undertaking of their expenses for 25 years. After that they can access those services without any consequence to you.

One you get the COPR, take that to any registry to get the Alberta Health Card for them.

subramani_vs

Aug 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Feb-2017

Sardar Ali

Star Member
Mar 22, 2011
Thanks for your reply. If my understanding is correct, I need to be in Canada for at least an year to apply for super visa. Is that correct?
You should have filed your taxes at least once. That could be less than a year as well but you will need to show the required income. Is your 2021 income enough according to the minimum required income table? Check the income table below:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5256-applying-visitor-visa-temporary-resident-visa.html#incometables

Reactions: subramani_vs

DJay1234

Apr 27, 2016
I would suggest to submit the passport from within Canada as there is not much time till Feb 1st. Request CIC on how to submit it from within Canada.
I'd called IRCC to check and they said the best way would be to submit passports in New Delhi. Does anyone know how long the NDVO takes to stamp PR visa on passport? Pls help.

DJay1234

Apr 27, 2016
Hi Everyone, Does anyone know how long the New Delhi visa office is taking right now to stamp PR on passport? Pls help as my parents received a letter to submit passport but are already booked to travel here on a supervisa due to family need. Thank you in advance!!