+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

RaniSharma

Mar 21, 2016
Hi all,

I am looking to get answers related to form 5768e. I am filling out the sponsorship form to invite my parents (Count: 2).

A brief history of my life:

Got Married in 2015 and Separated in 2019, finally the Divorce Judgement came through in August 2020.

I am filing for my parent's sponsorship program 2021, in this case, I have to provide my income for years 2018(Married), 2019( Separated in May), 2020 (Divorced in August)

My question is how to count "Family Size" for the Year 2018, 2019 and 2020.

I did my Tax return for the year
2018 as Married
2019 as Separated
and 2020 returns as Divorced

Thank you In advance!

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
Hi
I got PPR from NDVO on Nov 18 and now waiting for email from Canadian office as my parents are in Canada and i sent webform to NDVO about this.
My mom might need to do medical surveillance, as she had to go through extra tests on her first medical back in 2017 (for super visa).
I have not got any medical surveillance form from NDVO, but in gcms notes it shows under medical surv. Code 2.02.
My mom did her one surveillance back in 2018 when she visited first time on super visa.
After that she went back home and came here again.
If i don’t get the medical surveillance form, should i ask IRCC? I am confused as in her gcms notes it mentiones surveillance code but i didnt get any form with PPR?
Or it might come with COPR once we get portal instructions.

canada4life_pgp2019

Star Member
Oct 14, 2020
Application reached on June 11/2019
2nd medical passed Aug 31/2019
VO— Mississauga
Nothing after that.. amid there anybody in a same boat ?? It’s so frustrating and MP can’t help too.
is there any other option? Please guide.
I have same timeline and VO, 2nd medical done in Aug 2021. No update. MP says its in final stages of background check.

Reactions: Vbp86

canada4life_pgp2019

Star Member
Oct 14, 2020
Hi
I got PPR from NDVO on Nov 18 and now waiting for email from Canadian office as my parents are in Canada and i sent webform to NDVO about this.
My mom might need to do medical surveillance, as she had to go through extra tests on her first medical back in 2017 (for super visa).
I have not got any medical surveillance form from NDVO, but in gcms notes it shows under medical surv. Code 2.02.
My mom did her one surveillance back in 2018 when she visited first time on super visa.
After that she went back home and came here again.
If i don’t get the medical surveillance form, should i ask IRCC? I am confused as in her gcms notes it mentiones surveillance code but i didnt get any form with PPR?
Or it might come with COPR once we get portal instructions.
are you having any trouble submitting passport since they are now in Canada?

ashu.thind

Star Member
Jul 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 05
AOR Received.
Nov 24
Med's Request
Jan 24
Med's Done....
Feb 07 ## Third Line : March 27
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jun 10
VISA ISSUED...
June 24
LANDED..........
September 08

saahir2019

Nov 5, 2021
My parents passed their second medicals in June and we received additional documents request two months after - in August. After the submission we received Passport request on September 29. My parents are here in Canada, so we submitted webform and since than - nothing
thanks a lot lot for replying ,ur and mine situtaion is almost same.my parents passed 2nd medical test in august .after that nothing came.
can u plz tell me in which countery u parents were before getting visa. and what additional documents they ask after medical passed.thanks a lot in advance plz. ur reply will give me piece of mind. i am desprately waiting thats why...

Adelina2091

Star Member
Oct 26, 2019
Urgent question!!!
Someone here sent passport through VFS Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan? Very slow system...they didn't answer any questions by phone, how to send, which fees to pay and which courier use..on their website is zero information..

Confused in Montreal

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
Hi all,

I am looking to get answers related to form 5768e. I am filling out the sponsorship form to invite my parents (Count: 2).

A brief history of my life:

Got Married in 2015 and Separated in 2019, finally the Divorce Judgement came through in August 2020.

I am filing for my parent's sponsorship program 2021, in this case, I have to provide my income for years 2018(Married), 2019( Separated in May), 2020 (Divorced in August)

My question is how to count "Family Size" for the Year 2018, 2019 and 2020.

I did my Tax return for the year
2018 as Married
2019 as Separated
and 2020 returns as Divorced

Thank you In advance!
In my humble opinion, they will check 2021, 2020, 2019 for this year's draw, but notice of assessments for 2021 are not available so the years that are on your form are the ones under consideration. Even if 2018, 2019, 2020; count as you and parents (if no dependents). Form 5748 just asks your income, not the number of dependants, so report what's there on your assessment forms. If you filed joint taxes, even then report the full amount. On form 5768, add yourself and all dependents and parents to be sponsored and no ex-spouse. Then write a detailed cover letter explaining your tax filing and separation and all. These are all considered as these are part of the file as you have submitted on record. A close cousin was in a similar situation and fully explained to count my ex-spouse out as a). He didn't ask her to co-sign and b). They were separated so why count the family size including her while assessing the file. All was taken into consideration as evident from GCMS notes.

Or move to Quebec, only one year prior to the date of application income is assessed. LOL.

Plus LICO+30% is not there for 2020, only MNI, so ride the wave and explain yourself properly via a cover letter. Drafting takes time but is worth it.

Best of luck.

rockwidme

Oct 6, 2016
Hi there,

A month ago we received a request to submit PCC and schedule A in the online account. All of these documents were successfully submitted. As our file was transferred to London Visa Office, we received an email today from LDNIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca asking us to submit PCC's. Schedule A, Additional family info and Travel history info again directly by email to them.

I am finding this really strange as PCC's and Schedule A were already submitted in the IRCC account. Wondering is any one else received a similar kind of email from this email address above?

Last edited:

raj_g

Star Member
May 15, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Just to update my file in the spreadsheet. I got a notification today that my parent's PR cards have been shipped.
Is there any way to track the PR card mail?

Reactions: serious_cheese

NewVitality

Dec 4, 2019
Montreal
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
Hi there,

A month ago we received a request to submit PCC and schedule A in the online account. All of these documents were successfully submitted. As our file was transferred to London Visa Office, we received an email today from LDNIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca asking us to submit PCC's. Schedule A, Additional family info and Travel history info again directly by email to them.

I am finding this really strange as PCC's and Schedule A were already submitted in the IRCC account. Wondering is any one else received a similar kind of email from this email address above?
Hi,
Yes, we received the same email, but for us it is first request for PCC.

By the way, is it OK to receive request for PCC but no for medical exam?

Thanks.

Reactions: rockwidme