+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

gcodtao

Star Member
Apr 25, 2019
Hi - could someone please help me understand my situation.
@laxsun @robertp - in case you have seen similar cases before

1) myCIC shows my parents' 2nd medical exam passed on Sept. 9, but the online e-service still doesn't medical passed. however, when they did their 1st medical exam, on-line eservices show "medical passed"
2) they have requested my parents to renew their passport in early October, which i have submitted around Oct.15, it has been a month, but I still haven't received any notification from CIC to submit their report, has anyone seen this kind of situation before?

Thanks a lot.

Terra90

Mar 14, 2016
Canada
Category........
FAM
@robertp @laxsun

Please update my application in the PGP 2019 tracker:

Sponsored people: Parents
Parents country of citizenship: India
Province: ON
Invitation received date: April 24th 2019
Application received date as per ecas: 25th June 2019
AOR date: Dec 9th 2019
Biometrics Request letter: July 13 2021
Medical Request letter: July 19 2021

Medicals Received: August 8th 2021
Biometrics Received: August 24th 2021

PCC requested: September 21 2021
PCC received: October 13th 2021

Pre-arrival services letter received: Nov 10th 2021
DM on ecas for PA: Nov 10th 2021

Line number 838 in the tracking sheet
Hi
Could you please let me know if you have received ppr request post the dm or still waiting on it?

bhushh009

Mar 13, 2016
June 2019 Applicant. IRCC asked for PCC. But i am in Unique situation. My parents moved to new city from A to B . They have their passport, Aadhar stil at A Address. Currently they are renting at B till they get possession of their new home. I did send webform to update address to rental address. but they dont have any proof for rental address except lease document. Now when IRCC asked for PCC, i am not sure which Passport center should i choose either at A or B?

"A" city passport center will be easy to do PCC as all docs has same address as "A".
For "B" City, not sure how passport center will look it to PCC for address which is different than "B".

What should i do ? Should i choose Passport center A or B ?

VTG

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visa Office......
Edmonton
App. Filed.......
2015-01-29
AOR Received.
2015-03-10
File Transfer...
2015-06-02
@robertp @laxsun please udpate

Line 560 - VTG 1 _ Approved
Aug 11 request letter (Again asked for details of government service, and proof of relationship between me and my father)
Sept 13 Repeat biometrics
Sept 14 pre invitation letter
Sept info letter (to send passport for stamping info)
Final decision online showed up Oct 13
Not landed yet

Line 561 - VTG 2 _ Approved
Aug 10 info letter and request letter (Again asked for details of government service, and proof of relationship)
Aug 26 info letter (to send passport for stamping info)
Final decision online showed up Sept 10
Landed Sept 22
Now waiting for PR card unsure when that will come

Verooney

Star Member
Aug 11, 2015
Did your parents got their visa?
If so, may I ask which travel agency picked up their visas? How long did it take?
Thanks!
they used a travel agency in Mashhad, not sure about the name. I can get it for you if your parents are in Mashhad. It took about 2 weeks for them to issue the VISA once they received the passports, another week or so to get it back, about 4 weeks all together

Verooney

Star Member
Aug 11, 2015
@robertp @laxsun please udpate

Line 560 - VTG 1 _ Approved
Aug 11 request letter (Again asked for details of government service, and proof of relationship between me and my father)
Sept 13 Repeat biometrics
Sept 14 pre invitation letter
Sept info letter (to send passport for stamping info)
Final decision online showed up Oct 13
Not landed yet

Line 561 - VTG 2 _ Approved
Aug 10 info letter and request letter (Again asked for details of government service, and proof of relationship)
Aug 26 info letter (to send passport for stamping info)
Final decision online showed up Sept 10
Landed Sept 22
Now waiting for PR card unsure when that will come
We don't need to apply for PR card upon landing, correct? It's automatically done by the immigration officer? Any way to track the PR card? Is there an average amount of time it normally takes to receive the card?

vivek_vig

May 27, 2013
Finally finally finally, we got the eCOPR and a very long journey is over..

After receiving PPR on 27th October, submitted webform on 27th October, informing that parent in Canada.
Received portal email asking to confirm email address and other details on 8th November.
Received portal credentials on 10th November and submitted photo on 10th November.
Received eCOPR today
LVO is NDVO

Thanks @serious_cheese @laxsun @robertp for wonderful job. All the best to those who are still waiting.

Roya-FSW

Aug 7, 2013
they used a travel agency in Mashhad, not sure about the name. I can get it for you if your parents are in Mashhad. It took about 2 weeks for them to issue the VISA once they received the passports, another week or so to get it back, about 4 weeks all together
Thank you!
No thanks my parents are in Tehran and no PPR yet!

Reactions: Verooney

can_aussie

Sep 2, 2014
Hello Everyone, My parents are moving to Alberta next week. I have heard that Alberta Health Care Insurance coverage is provided day 1 of landing. It takes 3 months to get a card. My question is how to get refund if one needs to go to the medical clinic till we get the card. ? I wonder if someone having knowledge in this area answer this question. Thanks.
I did not receoved answer to this question. Someone whose parents already landed in Alberta , please provide the answer to this question or please tell which Insurance company to go with ?

mbshez

Nov 30, 2015
Calgary
I did not receoved answer to this question. Someone whose parents already landed in Alberta , please provide the answer to this question or please tell which Insurance company to go with ?
Just walk into any registry with the required documentation and you will get the new card in the mail in about 5-10 business days.
Applying through Alberta health takes a stupid amount of time. If you have to access medical services during that time you can inform them of the application and they can pull up your Alberta healthcare number using the name and DOB as the registry would have already added this information in for you,