+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Garry2008

Jun 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm asked to send Original Passport and Photo to Visa Processing Center in Amman, status "Decision Made", but no Bio requested!!!
Is this normal?
What will happen next?
Request for a passport is the final step before granting a visa. If they have traveled to Canada previously and have provided Biometrics in the last 10 years IRCC may not ask.

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
Hi

I got pre-arrival services letter today and ecas changed to decision made today also.
Initial visa office was CPC-M.
File was transferred to NDVO in Oct 2021.
Parents are in Canda.
Will NDVO be sending instructions for virtual landing automatically as parents mail and home address both are of Canada (They are in Canada sin Dec 2019 and I updated it through webform) or they will send PPR first and then I’ll have to request for VL?
How long after decision made can we expect to hear from NDVO?

Last edited:
Reactions: serious_cheese

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hi , On the interest to sponsor form I mentioned my parents ( both of them)Can I now apply to sponsor only for one of them?(I will make sufficient income to meet the LICO requirements to sponsor both parents.)
I really thanks in advance.
You can make one of your parents as non-accompanying but he or she has to through all processes like biometrics, PCC and IME.

cindi2000

Aug 14, 2019
Hi!
Anyone with the same timeline as ours?
June 2019 application received
April 2020 AOR received
April 2021 started processing application(sponsor)

no update until now
You possibly need to call IRCC. Some people have this situation because of IRCC's mistaken. Most 2020 applicants got medical and bio request already. Are u sure u meet sponsor requirements? Good luck.

rax7187

Aug 21, 2014
Hello Group members
need help,

i submitted file for my parents back in May 29 2019. On sheet it’s indicated as rax7187 #1.

we didn’t hear from NDVO since 9th March 2020 after receiving Pre Arrival and Decision made update on eCAS.

last month my parents decide to come to Canada so I contacted Cic client Support and submitted multiple web form indicating they are in country what’s next step.

today after one year of their expired medical, 13 November 2021 NDVO sent request to do medical again.

i saw on website

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/temporary-public-policy-exempting-some-foreign-nationals-canada-requiring-immigration-medical-exam.html

that médicales are extended and-my parents can do in personal landing if they receive portal link.

or they have to do new medical any how?

@laxsun can you update spreadsheet if needed.

Last edited:

Verooney

Star Member
Aug 11, 2015
Yes PPR came over email, and DM2 in Ecas same day, but nothing changed in the online application portal - same old processing language: we review your eligibility, we process your background check, etc.
Congrats!! Is the visa expiry date same as your medical anniversary?

vivek_vig

May 27, 2013
Hi

I got pre-arrival services letter today and ecas changed to decision made today also.
Initial visa office was CPC-M.
File was transferred to NDVO in Oct 2021.
Parents are in Canda.
Will NDVO be sending instructions for virtual landing automatically as parents mail and home address both are of Canada (They are in Canada sin Dec 2019 and I updated it through webform) or they will send PPR first and then I’ll have to request for VL?
How long after decision made can we expect to hear from NDVO?
any PPR will ask you to submit webform to inform if anyone is in Canada. Once you inform, they will send you eCOPR portal instructions.

Reactions: calgary17

jjedm

Oct 7, 2016
It is unfortunate to see my mom's application not moving, not hearing anything knowing we meet the requirements. What can I do? I need to bring my parent with me.

Application Received: June 20, 2019
Sponsorship Approval Letter: Feb 27, 2020
I haven't heard anything since Feb 27, 2020.
Requested GCMS notes Sept 2021. And not even anything yet after they have charged the fees.

Our files were sent to Mexico, then I wrote an email and I received this:
Please be advised that case XXXXX is in progress, according to the information we have in the system the review process is taking place in our (CPC Mississauga) office. They shoud be in contact with you in the following days with more updates.

That was in April, and since then I still don't hear anything.

I need help, this is demoralizing and depressing.

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
any PPR will ask you to submit webform to inform if anyone is in Canada. Once you inform, they will send you eCOPR portal instructions.
Thanks for the reply.
I read your posts and notices you already got portal instructions.
Have you got COPR for parents?
How long NDVO might take to send PPR after DM2?
Also, for portal, do we have to send email address for both parents? If they don’t use email, can we provide our email for one and for other one of our spouse or create a new one for them?
Can we confirm the details on the portal for them as I was reading and it says no imm consultant can do it for you but how about us, as rep of our parents.
Thanks in advance!

ndd0917

Star Member
Jun 20, 2009
You possibly need to call IRCC. Some people have this situation because of IRCC's mistaken. Most 2020 applicants got medical and bio request already. Are u sure u meet sponsor requirements? Good luck.
We meet all sponsor requirements, i submitted an enquiry thru web form , still waiting for the reply , it is hard to get to connect to someone over the phone

amax

Jun 25, 2014
It is unfortunate to see my mom's application not moving, not hearing anything knowing we meet the requirements. What can I do? I need to bring my parent with me.

Application Received: June 20, 2019
Sponsorship Approval Letter: Feb 27, 2020
I haven't heard anything since Feb 27, 2020.
Requested GCMS notes Sept 2021. And not even anything yet after they have charged the fees.

Our files were sent to Mexico, then I wrote an email and I received this:
Please be advised that case XXXXX is in progress, according to the information we have in the system the review process is taking place in our (CPC Mississauga) office. They shoud be in contact with you in the following days with more updates.

That was in April, and since then I still don't hear anything.

I need help, this is demoralizing and depressing.
I am in the same boat as you. I meet all requirements, have been in the country for 15 years, meet the sponsorship criteria quite easily, have been employed by the same organization for 10 years with no gaps but have had no information at all.

My application was submitted on June 24, 2019. I have reached out to the Local MP and they said my sponsor profile is still being investigated. No further news. Would you think my GCMS notes will say anything else?