+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

ndd0917

Star Member
Jun 20, 2009
is it possible to call and follow up my mom’s application? Documents received june 2019 and just started processing sponsor part april 2021 and still nothing until now

desi_munda

Star Member
Oct 29, 2021
Hello Friends,

My parents have received medical and police certificate request 2 weeks ago. Right now they are travelling and not in home country. They will be returning in 2 weeks so they can pursue the medical test and collect the police certificates.

They need to request an extension. Any guidance on what to say when requesting an extension? How reasonable are the officers with requests ?
I sent a webform requesting an extension for Biometrics and explained the circumstances. They acknowledged the receipt of request and later sent me an email telling me that an extension has been granted and to get them done when I can.

Reactions: samkk84

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
@laxsun @robertp Hi Team
I was checking on line and it shows medical tests have been received but my parents even haven't received any medical requests as of today, he just received biometrics on 25th Oct which is scheduled on 12th November to get done.

Please suggest as it looks like an system glitch
Do we need to escalate this or just leave as it is

Looking forward hearing back

Thanks in advance
This happened to few others in this form.

canada4life_pgp2019

Star Member
Oct 14, 2020
can anyone share when they received request for police clearance certificate for the parents? I submitted it along-with original application (even though it wasn't asked). They haven't asked for it since application. Now my parents are planning to travel on visitor visa. Just wondering if they might ask for it ? Will they be able to get the police certificate for india from canada even if they are here as visitor?

vivek_vig

May 27, 2013
After receiving PPR on 27th October, submitted webform on 27th October, informing that parent in Canada. Received portal email today to confirm email address and other details. Just sharing for the benefit of those who maybe in similar situation. LVO is NDVO.

desi_munda

Star Member
Oct 29, 2021
After receiving PPR on 27th October, submitted webform on 27th October, informing that parent in Canada. Received portal email today to confirm email address and other details. Just sharing for the benefit of those who maybe in similar situation. LVO is NDVO.
Thanks for sharing! My dad is in Canada as a visitor and I'm awaiting PPR from NDVO.

desi_munda

Star Member
Oct 29, 2021
can anyone share when they received request for police clearance certificate for the parents? I submitted it along-with original application (even though it wasn't asked). They haven't asked for it since application. Now my parents are planning to travel on visitor visa. Just wondering if they might ask for it ? Will they be able to get the police certificate for india from canada even if they are here as visitor?
I received request for Medical, PCC, documents and CSQ within a span of few days. The request for PCC came the same day my dad was flying out to Canada. He was already at the airport and had to go back to get some documents and stop by a police station to start PCC process. I'm not sure if they will issue one in his absence. If not, I will have to apply it here at HCI, Ottawa but from what I've heard the processing time is much longer than Delhi. I recommend getting one before leaving to expedite the process.