+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

ccudz

Jun 20, 2020
Today I received this letter. what does it mean and what is the next step? did anyone experience the same ?
my parents are in Canada on super visa.

---------------------------------
Good Day,

The results of your immigration medical examination (IME) indicate that you are required to report to a provincial/territorial public health authority (P/T PHA), as you may have a medical condition considered to be one of public health significance in Canada requiring a medical follow-up referred to as surveillance.

The P/T PHA has the responsibility to conduct a medical follow-up according to established protocols. Therefore, you may receive a letter or a phone call from the P/T PHA regarding next steps to completing medical surveillance. The P/T PHA must inform Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) that you have complied with medical surveillance for IRCC to update your file.

Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, response times and the availability of appointments has been affected. This means it may take longer than 3 months for your appointment to be scheduled. If you have not heard anything from the P/T PHA after six months, please email the Public Health Liaison Unit at IRCC.MHBSurveillance-SurveillanceDGMS.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

For IRCC to notify the designated P/T PHA of your medical surveillance requirement, please kindly ensure that you have provided IRCC with your updated Canadian residential address. A copy of your IME will also be sent along with the notification. Please know that without a Canadian residential address, IRCC cannot inform the P/T PHA of your medical surveillance requirement. If you do not know your address upon arrival, or if you relocate to a different province prior to your appointment with public health, please email the Public Health Liaison Unit at IRCC.MHBSurveillance-SurveillanceDGMS.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

As a friendly reminder, medical surveillance is a condition of your residence in Canada. Failure to comply with the requirements of medical surveillance may have a negative impact on any current or new immigration applications to Canada.

A copy of this correspondence will be included in your file.
Hi there, my parents got the medical surveillance forms but no other accompanying letter (similar to what you have shared in this forum) which i find odd. I tried calling the office but i am unsuccesful at speaking with a live agent. I emailed cic to ask status of my parents as I have seen "Decision Made" ( i cannot link my application so do not know any other status beyond this). CIC's response to my email was vague . Did you get your passport request or any other correspondence prior medical surveillance? For those in the same situation, what comes first? Surveillance or request for passport? Thank you!

your_pankaj

Sep 14, 2014
hi all,

i am sponsoring my mother for PR. she has Indian Passport. applied in 2019. completed medical and biometrics in Jan 2020. in Nov 2020, they have requested additional documents for "proof of relationship".

from the letter -- "Proof of Relationship: As proof of relationship to the principal applicant, please provide your voter ID card, Aadhaar card and old school records (Fifth class, Middle standard and Matriculation/secondary school certificate). NOTE: Affidavits are not acceptable as proof of relationship. ".

they said "If you are unable to submit the requested document(s), you must notify our office before the due date with an explanation and proof as to why you are unable to submit the documents."

question
1) what explanation and proof can i give that i do not have some of the documents (Voter ID card, Aadhaar Card, etc.)
2) is there a format to write the letter?

thanks in advance for your help and suggestions. thanks.

Hi Cadimm
I am also in the same boat as you. I don't have a relationship proof with my mother other than the Passport. Were you able to figure out any solutions. Did IRCC accepted your documents?

your_pankaj

Sep 14, 2014
hi folks
My mother ( Father passed away 6 years back) was asked to re-do medicals, which she passed again ( Aug 23)
Yesterday, we got additional documents request.

>>>>>>
Travel history

Birth registration/certificate: Please provide a photocopy of your sponsor's birth certificate clearly
indicating their relationship to you, the Principal Applicant. If you cannot provide this, please provide additional
supporting documents proving your relationship. Any documents are not in English or French must include a
notarized and certified translation with a copy of the original document This must be received at this office by:
2021/10/14
> Proof of Relationship: As proof of relationship to the principal applicant, please provide your voter
ID card, Aadhaar card and old school records (Fifth class, Middle standard and Matriculation/secondary school
certificate). NOTE: Affidavits are not acceptable as proof of relationship.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>

1) Birth registration/certificate : I do not have birth certificate. Planning to produce my grade 10 certificate + plus affidavits. Hope this will be sufficient.
2) Proof of Relationship: I have Aadhar card, but it has my father's name. Same with my grade 10 cert, which has my father's name . Same with PAN card.

The only documents I have which have my both parents name are : My Indian passport ( i am Canadian citizen now, but I have copies of old Indian passport) , my marriage certificate,

Anyone faced with this situation. Any ideas to deal with it?
Thanks
Ram

Hi Ramko
I am also in the same boat as you. I don't have a relationship proof with my mother other than the Passport. Were you able to figure out any solutions. Did IRCC accepted your documents?

your_pankaj

Sep 14, 2014
hi Friends,
Below is the request I got from cic.Please advise what should I do.have applied PR for my mother .My father had passed away.

Proof of Relationship: As proof of relationship to the principal applicant, please provide your voter ID card, Aadhaar card and old school records (Fifth class, Middle standard and Matriculation/secondary school certificate). NOTE: Affidavits are not acceptable as proof of relationship.

I have already sent the below docs with my initial application.

1.Certificate of birth showing my mothers name,
2. Affidavit,
3.India passport copy showing my mothers name on it
4.Overseas citizen of India(OCI) card with my mothers name on it.

In india all Educational certificates would have only fathers name and not mothers name.My aadhar card has my fathers name only.
I am a Canadian citizen now and I don't have voters card.

Appreicate anyones help as am really depressed waiting to get PR for my mother since 2012 .I have been living in canada since 2009

Hi Chandu rck

your_pankaj

Sep 14, 2014
I'm in similar condition, send all the docs again without affidavit

Hi djsingh

Garry2008

Jun 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

My mother got her PPR yesterday. The problem is that she is currently in the US and is already booked to travel to Canada on 25th Nov on a visitor visa. Now, it would have been straightforward to just extend her stay in the US and get the passport stamped before she leaves but her 6 months in the US are expiring on Dec 16, so she cannot stay beyond that.

Would it be too risky to attempt the get the passport stamped in the US given that they have mentioned in the PPR not to plan any travel in the next 4 weeks or is this enough time? The other option, of course, is to travel as per her normal schedule and attempt a virtual landing.

Has anyone been in a similar situation?

Thanks in advance.
I would recommend traveling and doing the virtual landings.

paulh

Star Member
Feb 22, 2010
Hi djsingh
May I ask who is the letter addressed to in this case? Is it addressed to your parents or to you?

I had received the same letter while I had already submitted proof of relationship earlier. But this time, the letter was sent to my father instead of me. So as I read it, and I am not sure why, but it looked like they asked Aadhar, voter id and education docs of my father. The entire letter was on his name.

in the past, when ircc needed anything from me (sponsor), they sent letter to my name.

can you please check your letter and confirm?

thanks

rockwidme

Oct 6, 2016
Just received PCC, schedule A request. Will be uploading these documents shortly. Medicals have been completed already, any idea how long would it take from here to get the PPR. Any insights would be appreciated.

Reactions: serious_cheese

asad4455

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
Just received PCC, schedule A request. Will be uploading these documents shortly. Medicals have been completed already, any idea how long would it take from here to get the PPR. Any insights would be appreciated.
Which local visa office?
If London office, then people who have done medicals, pcc and schedule a submission in June are still waiting to hear any update.

Niki1000

Oct 20, 2021
I would like to apply for GCSM notes for a sibling, who had a declined visa application-I am a Canadian resident. I've looked at many of the connected emails, but cannot figure this question out:

If I am applying for GCSM notes as a "member of the public", how do I answer the question "are you requesting info on your own behalf". I would think the answer would be yes, as I am a member of the public. There is no option for "family member". The other alternative is "No" and then a document requiring the signed consent of the person is required. So, as a Canadian resident and member of the public, can I request for this information on my own behalf - my sibling's notes?

Thanks !

Last edited:

Niki1000

Oct 20, 2021
And a followup question on that GCSM notes query - the AITP website is now asking for some additional steps to be followed BEFORE submitting the access request for IRCC. For paper applications, its an "Online Tool - On-Line Services" Page, that asks you to confirm that you are the applicant, executor, guardian, office or agent and then requires a bunch of personal information. If this is a request for access is from a member of the general public, then why does this step required? Thanks.

Pancham S

Jan 19, 2015
Hello all, quick question I need your Advice guys.
I have a representative attached with my PGP application, I am trying to link my file with gc key, when I am trying this, it says that the application is attached to a rep, so in order to link my file I have to cancel my rep, just wondering how long it takes if I update rep cancelation? Would I be able to see the details of file right away?
Please Advise.
Thanks
Pancham

paulh

Star Member
Feb 22, 2010
I would like to apply for GCSM notes for a sibling, who had a declined visa application-I am a Canadian resident. I've looked at many of the connected emails, but cannot figure this question out:

If I am applying for GCSM notes as a "member of the public", how do I answer the question "are you requesting info on your own behalf". I would think the answer would be yes, as I am a member of the public. There is no option for "family member". The other alternative is "No" and then a document requiring the signed consent of the person is required. So, as a Canadian resident and member of the public, can I request for this information on my own behalf - my sibling's notes?

Thanks !
since the application is not your own, the answer will be No. you
are requesting information on your brother’s behalf. You need consent of your brother.