+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hi @robertp @laxsun @serious_cheese

received Passport request October 28, 2021. Thank you so much for all the support.

I had a few questions about submission of passport.

1. What is the procedure to submit passport to nearest VAC (Chandigarh India) - anyone with experience can please share

2. One of the dependents is in Vancouver on Work permit, I will inform IRCC using webform about his virtual landing, if anyone did that can you please share your experience.

Thank you so much
On response to your Q1, there is another thread going on in this forum. Please check:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/two-way-courier-services-vfs-new-delhi-india.713205/page-221

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hello all! Has anyone here received Medical Surveillance forms and Handout , Decision Made in the system, but no further instructions received ie. Request for Passport etc. We got these forms on Oct 25 and Decision Made sometime between that time till I checked Oct 27, however, we did not receive any further instructions. Thank you
Don't worry about that medical surveillance form until your parents land.
Depending upon the province they will reside there are different procedures for that.

Husazi01

Sep 3, 2016
Just to give an update about my case. It might help others who are waiting for virtual landing. We are waiting since 14th of June to get an email to create an account for virtual landing. Warsaw visa office confirmed to us that our file has been transferred to Canada but when I called the call centre and explained the situation the call centre agent told me our file was never transferred. So I wrote back to Warsaw office telling them that our file has not been transferred to Canada and gave them the information they requested once again. So far no I got no reply from Warsaw. I also to wrote to Canada IRCC and gave the information as well. I got a reply from them confirming that my file is in Warsaw visa office. So our MP called IRCC on our behalf and the IRCC agent told our MP that she will sent a request to transfer the file to Canada as well. If you are calling the call centre make sure to explain well because I called a number of time they all always misunderstood. They were understanding that my portal has already been created, and I was awaiting the virtual landing paper, which is not the case.

Reactions: Hamied

Adelina2091

Star Member
Oct 26, 2019
Just to give an update about my case. It might help others who are waiting for virtual landing. We are waiting since 14th of June to get an email to create an account for virtual landing. Warsaw visa office confirmed to us that our file has been transferred to Canada but when I called the call centre and explained the situation the call centre agent told me our file was never transferred. So I wrote back to Warsaw office telling them that our file has not been transferred to Canada and gave them the information they requested once again. So far no I got no reply from Warsaw. I also to wrote to Canada IRCC and gave the information as well. I got a reply from them confirming that my file is in Warsaw visa office. So our MP called IRCC on our behalf and the IRCC agent told our MP that she will sent a request to transfer the file to Canada as well. If you are calling the call centre make sure to explain well because I called a number of time they all always misunderstood. They were understanding that my portal has already been created, and I was awaiting the virtual landing paper, which is not the case.
Are you in tracker? Just interested in your time-line regarding warsaw

Husazi01

Sep 3, 2016
Are you in tracker? Just interested in your time-line regarding warsaw
I am not, but here they are:
Quebec applicant sponsoring mother from Tajikistan
Application received 21JUN2019
DM1 16SEP2020
Biometrics 22OCT2020
CSQ request 28OCT2020
I don't remember when CSQ was received, but I think it took about 2 months
Biometrics completed 08DEC2020
Acknowledgement of receipt at Warsaw Visa Office 08JAN2021
Medical and PCC request 28APR21
Medical passed 21MAY21
Pre-arrival invitation 22MAY21
Passport request 14JUN21
DM2 14JUN21

Last edited:

Adelina2091

Star Member
Oct 26, 2019
I am not, but here they are:
Quebec applicant sponsoring mother from Tajikistan
Application received 21JUN2019
DM1 16SEP2020
Biometrics 22OCT2020
CSQ request 28OCT2020
I don't remember when CSQ was received, but I think it took about 2 months
Biometrics completed 08DEC2020
Acknowledgement of receipt at Warsaw Visa Office 08JAN2021
Medical and PCC request 28APR21
Medical passed 21MAY21
Pre-arrival invitation 22MAY21
Passport request 14JUN21
DM2 14JUN21
Thank you! So around two months from medical to passport request.

Reactions: katheosva

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Thanks , my parents are already in canada ,and I have updated the info on webform , what should be the next step ?
PPR letter must have option of virtual landing. Landing is complete when they receive COPR so that you can apply medical coverage and SIN.

Reactions: ramko

canindian2019

Jun 3, 2019
Wondering, what proof of residence recently landed parents are using for OHIP?
Apparently they are eligible for OHIP immediately upon landing but this one requirement is holding my parents back… we have to wait until first monthly bank statement is printed and received in mail… essentially delaying the card by months

Reactions: serious_cheese

MineshPatel

Star Member
Mar 3, 2017
Hello all,
Yesterday I received an email saying reminder to complete PR landing before Feb 18,2022. It also said you were approved to travel to Canada since Feb 18,2021 and COPR was issued to you.

So what happened is we received a similar email in March 2021 asking us to submit our passport through VFS. We did and it came back saying photo size were incorrect. We sent again 2nd time and it came back again. And now we submitted for the third time last week. ( accompanied by the same letter received in March 2021 by CIC).

So now I am very confused by this email I received especially when it said COPR was issued and complete PR landind. We have no stamp on passport and no COPR. How can we do landing?
On my CIC it also shows a counterfoil document with number and expiry date.

can someone pls enlighten me what is going on? Are we doing the right thing by sending passport to VFS so many times?

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Wondering, what proof of residence recently landed parents are using for OHIP?
Apparently they are eligible for OHIP immediately upon landing but this one requirement is holding my parents back… we have to wait until first monthly bank statement is printed and received in mail… essentially delaying the card by months
When they opened the bank account, didn't they receive agreement paper with address on it.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hello all,
Yesterday I received an email saying reminder to complete PR landing before Feb 18,2022. It also said you were approved to travel to Canada since Feb 18,2021 and COPR was issued to you.

So what happened is we received a similar email in March 2021 asking us to submit our passport through VFS. We did and it came back saying photo size were incorrect. We sent again 2nd time and it came back again. And now we submitted for the third time last week. ( accompanied by the same letter received in March 2021 by CIC).

So now I am very confused by this email I received especially when it said COPR was issued and complete PR landind. We have no stamp on passport and no COPR. How can we do landing?
On my CIC it also shows a counterfoil document with number and expiry date.

can someone pls enlighten me what is going on? Are we doing the right thing by sending passport to VFS so many times?
Have you received passport back: you have mentioned that you sent last week. I have seen counterfoil document line created in MyCIC when they issue COPR and stamp the visa. The passport will arrive in a week or so. Just wait till the passport comes back.

Reactions: MineshPatel