+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

SKoul

Dec 2, 2013
Hi Folks.... looking for some advice here.

I was able to make the 2019 intake for my parents' PR and in August 2020, when they were visiting me here in Canada, they managed to do their medicals. But we were unable to get their Biometric done because of the pandemic. Then they left for India in October 2020. Now their new medical request came in July 2021. They live in a small town and I was hoping that they make a single trip to do their Biometric and Medical in a bigger city.

I finally managed to get a biometric appointment for December and plan to get their new medical done in December as well.

One thing that I have been thinking about now though is this letter the immigration authorities sent along with the medical request that says we need do the medical in 30 days or let them know if we are unable to do that before the deadline. Unfortunately, too caught up in trying to get a biometric appointment, we did neither.

I am wondering if I can just submit a webform now informing the authorities that finally managed to secure the dates for both biometric and medicals. Or is it too late already. Can someone offer any inputs on this? Much appreciated!

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
Hi Folks.... looking for some advice here.

I was able to make the 2019 intake for my parents' PR and in August 2020, when they were visiting me here in Canada, they managed to do their medicals. But we were unable to get their Biometric done because of the pandemic. Then they left for India in October 2020. Now their new medical request came in July 2021. They live in a small town and I was hoping that they make a single trip to do their Biometric and Medical in a bigger city.

I finally managed to get a biometric appointment for December and plan to get their new medical done in December as well.

One thing that I have been thinking about now though is this letter the immigration authorities sent along with the medical request that says we need do the medical in 30 days or let them know if we are unable to do that before the deadline. Unfortunately, too caught up in trying to get a biometric appointment, we did neither.

I am wondering if I can just submit a webform now informing the authorities that finally managed to secure the dates for both biometric and medicals. Or is it too late already. Can someone offer any inputs on this? Much appreciated!
Hi
So their medical request came in July and you have not done it yet and have not even informed IRCC about the delay?
You would have gotten 30 days to do the medicals.
I would suggest you to get the medicals done as soon as possible, I know its hard for elderly parents to travel again and again, but you should have already sent a webform to IRCC explaining this situation and see if they approve an extension, but I think now you should get the medicals done at the earliest availble apponinment and also send a webform to IRCC with some good acceptable reason for the delay.

Reactions: serious_cheese

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Good Day to you all, I am wondering if there is anyway other than through linking my application to my CIC account that I can request an update on the application we submitted in June 2019 to sponsor my mother-in-law for Canadian Residency? The application was received June 21, 2019 and we have the confirmation email. Other than that, all that we have received was for us to confirm our income. It has been very quiet since then and we are now over the 24 months expected waiting period to have this approved.

As you can tell we are a bit frustrated with the whole process. My mother-in-law has been with us for the past 9 years living in Canada on Visas / Super Visas.....

Any information would be appreciated.
Have you checked online status (ecas) of your application? The web link is here:
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do
In the email there should be application number starting with FXXXXXX.
UCI for your spouse and MIL must be there in the email.

raj_g

Star Member
May 15, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
@amesh @raj_g

Hi
any update on your portal?
I just received the portal instruction email, and replied to the email to get an access but nothing received yet.
How long dose it take to send the access to the portal?
and how long doest it take after uploading photos and confirming address to get a document to show PR status.
is it ok that my mom use the portal and have my dad under ? choosing option A mentioned in instruction.
I was wondering if any of you applied for OHIP while waiting for PR card? if yes which document you used as a proof of PR status.
Hi,
Once you reply back to their email, they can send you PR portal credentials on the same day, in my case it was the same day. But after that since Oct 2nd I am still waiting for the ecpor. In the first email, they specifically ask if you want to create the same portal for the whole family or separate logins. If you choose the same then there is no issue submitting information on the same login. There will be two different tabs within the portal.
And you can't apply for sin or health card until you have the eCPOR or PR card.
Thanks

Chocolaye

Star Member
Jun 19, 2019
Can anyone has a resume template of a parent that doesn’t have a work experience. It’s been 2 days im trying to right something.
would really appreciate it

aj215

Star Member
Feb 15, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2014
Doc's Request.
sent
IELTS Request
sent
File Transfer...
done
Med's Request
16/4/15
Med's Done....
26/4/15
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28/05/15
Hey @laxsun , could you update the SS for me please.

DM for PA update on 19th Oct 2021 (Line#693)

Thank you

SKoul

Dec 2, 2013
Hi
So their medical request came in July and you have not done it yet and have not even informed IRCC about the delay?
You would have gotten 30 days to do the medicals.
I would suggest you to get the medicals done as soon as possible, I know its hard for elderly parents to travel again and again, but you should have already sent a webform to IRCC explaining this situation and see if they approve an extension, but I think now you should get the medicals done at the earliest availble apponinment and also send a webform to IRCC with some good acceptable reason for the delay.
Thanks for your response. Really appreciate it. I was also wondering if, because of Covid, and the difficulty of getting biometric appointments, immigration authorities might still be lenient in allowing medical tests to come after the deadline... I do realize that not writing to them about it is kinda inexcusable, but hoping that they would understand the situation.

kainthsimranjit

Dec 1, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Missisauga / CPC - Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
Good Day to you all, I am wondering if there is anyway other than through linking my application to my CIC account that I can request an update on the application we submitted in June 2019 to sponsor my mother-in-law for Canadian Residency? The application was received June 21, 2019 and we have the confirmation email. Other than that, all that we have received was for us to confirm our income. It has been very quiet since then and we are now over the 24 months expected waiting period to have this approved.

As you can tell we are a bit frustrated with the whole process. My mother-in-law has been with us for the past 9 years living in Canada on Visas / Super Visas.....

Any information would be appreciated.
Looks like you may have to wait for another couple months. You are almost there.

IheartCanada

Jun 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
Once you reply back to their email, they can send you PR portal credentials on the same day, in my case it was the same day. But after that since Oct 2nd I am still waiting for the ecpor. In the first email, they specifically ask if you want to create the same portal for the whole family or separate logins. If you choose the same then there is no issue submitting information on the same login. There will be two different tabs within the portal.
And you can't apply for sin or health card until you have the eCPOR or PR card.
Thanks
Thanks for the explanations, on the email says:"IRCC will upload your document that proves your new PR status you will be able to use this document while you wait for your first PR card that will come to you in the mail"

Is this eCOPR ? I was thinking based on the above statement there would be some sort of confirmation available immediately.

Reactions: Tkj

raj_g

Star Member
May 15, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Thanks for the explanations, on the email says:"IRCC will upload your document that proves your new PR status you will be able to use this document while you wait for your first PR card that will come to you in the mail"

Is this eCOPR ? I was thinking based on the above statement there would be some sort of confirmation available immediately.
Yes eCoPR is the proof of PR. You will need to wait for it.

Caddboy33

Oct 14, 2019
Looks like you may have to wait for another couple months. You are almost there.
Thanks for the reply, it been soooo long. I assume there is no way to speak to an actual person on the phone about the application, correct? I called the 1-888-242-2100, then 2-1-3-0 but its still automated system, no human being on the other end of the call.

kainthsimranjit

Dec 1, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Missisauga / CPC - Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
Thanks for the reply, it been soooo long. I assume there is no way to speak to an actual person on the phone about the application, correct? I called the 1-888-242-2100, then 2-1-3-0 but its still automated system, no human being on the other end of the call.
Even if you get hold of anyone they wont be able to tell you much about this application.

MuzafferQA

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2013
Doc's Request.
04-03-2014
Med's Request
19-05-2014
Med's Done....
22-05-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1:05-06-2014, PPR2:17-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-07-2014
LANDED..........
23-05-2015
Hi Everyone, i know this is not the thread for 2021 but wanted to get a view on this.

i have a question filling in financial evaluation form,
Our family size in 2018, 2019 and 2020 was 4 ( myself and wife, Mom and Dad) but in 2021 we had a daughter and its 5 now.

The income requirement i have to consider is for 4 person according to the CRA instructions on their website. but when i fill in the form if i include me, wife, mom, dad and daughter it calculates for 5, wonder what am i supposed to do? leave it at 5 and provide explanation or exclude daughter?

noormahal

Star Member
Aug 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2011
AOR Received.
15-09-2011
Med's Request
20-09-2011
Med's Done....
23-09-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
15-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29-03-2012
LANDED..........
29-03-2012
Hi Everyone, i know this is not the thread for 2021 but wanted to get a view on this.

i have a question filling in financial evaluation form,
Our family size in 2018, 2019 and 2020 was 4 ( myself and wife, Mom and Dad) but in 2021 we had a daughter and its 5 now.

The income requirement i have to consider is for 4 person according to the CRA instructions on their website. but when i fill in the form if i include me, wife, mom, dad and daughter it calculates for 5, wonder what am i supposed to do? leave it at 5 and provide explanation or exclude daughter?
Yes i would do that. i did the same- size of 4 people for 2017 and 2018, 5 people for 2019.

Reactions: serious_cheese