+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

bethanasame

Star Member
Jul 25, 2013
congratulations! Our file is in NDVO since last 3 months.It shows “application received” on ECAS. Do you if it will change to “In Progress” when they start working on it? Trying to determine if it’s possible that they are working on it.
In our case when the application moved to NDVO we received Biometrics letter. Once we did that after a couple of weeks, we got additional doc request and by then it changed to In Process.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
thanks for the reply. They have received their stamped passports with Immigrant visa. Can she travel alone?
They can either travel together (landing with their stamped passports) or your father (PA) can land first and your mother can travel alone after.

Bparekh

Oct 27, 2020
In our case when the application moved to NDVO we received Biometrics letter. Once we did that after a couple of weeks, we got additional doc request and by then it changed to In Process.
Ok. For us, file was at Mississauga until 3 months ago and all documents were submitted to Mississauga office. We do not have anything pending but now file got transferred to NDVO. It’s been in Application Received since then.

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
Ok. For us, file was at Mississauga until 3 months ago and all documents were submitted to Mississauga office. We do not have anything pending but now file got transferred to NDVO. It’s been in Application Received since then.
Hello,

I have similar situation, file was with CPC-M since begining and all PCC and medicals and other docs were submitted there.
On Oct. 7th file got transferred to NDVO, since then status changed to App Received (from In progress).
As your file got transferred 3 months ago, you still have not got anything from NDVO?

Niki1000

Oct 20, 2021
Reposting for urgent advice - My parents have only have a week to get medicals done and the only clinic available is asking for proof of both vaccines. My mother currently has taken one. This is not a Canadian approved vaccine.

Question - Would a Covid Vaccine taken less that 5 days before the test, change my mothers blood report? Shoud we first do the medical test and send proof of second dose or take the second dose and do the medical test? Could someone tell me about their experience, please? I would really, really appreciate it !! Thank you.

modyrose

Mar 23, 2017
Hi my sponsored parents in INDIA have got invitation to get Biometric and Medical done at same time and has to be done within 30 days. The issue is that VFS Global ( which handles application in India) does not have any available appointment within 30 days. Any suggestions. I tried other cities too but nothing available before 2 months.
Thanks in Advance
Ask for an extension. Explain situation to CiC

Roya-FSW

Aug 7, 2013
Hi @Roya-FSW no, I haven't contacted Ankara since June. Since they sent me Pre-Arrival letter and most in Ankara (according to tracker) received Passport request within 60 days after the pre-arrival letter, I decided to give time until the end of November.
What's your background check status on you CIC account? Mine shows that it has not started yet.

Well the last person I know from Ankara VO, @Verooney received PPR approximately 4 months after pre-arrival letter. Him and I had the exact same timeline (processing time and medical) in Ankara VO but apparently different officers were working on our applications.

Niki1000

Oct 20, 2021
Hi my sponsored parents in INDIA have got invitation to get Biometric and Medical done at same time and has to be done within 30 days. The issue is that VFS Global ( which handles application in India) does not have any available appointment within 30 days. Any suggestions. I tried other cities too but nothing available before 2 months.
Thanks in Advance
Hi Sharad, VFS opens some appointments online everyday at a fixed time like 12.00 pm and then 3 pm or something. And people book them quickly. So you have to wait for that time, say 12.00, and you will see some appointments being released.

Reactions: sharadsinha

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Reposting for urgent advice - My parents have only have a week to get medicals done and the only clinic available is asking for proof of both vaccines. My mother currently has taken one. This is not a Canadian approved vaccine.

Question - Would a Covid Vaccine taken less that 5 days before the test, change my mothers blood report? Shoud we first do the medical test and send proof of second dose or take the second dose and do the medical test? Could someone tell me about their experience, please? I would really, really appreciate it !! Thank you.
I cannot understand your question. IRCC has never asked the applicants to be fully vaccinated before IME but the physicians may have that requirement for which you cannot do much.

Reactions: serious_cheese

Niki1000

Oct 20, 2021
I cannot understand your question. IRCC has never asked the applicants to be fully vaccinated before IME but the physicians may have that requirement for which you cannot do much.
Thank you for responding. Yes, the cic website says that clearly but the local medical clinic in India says the medical report will not be forwarded until proof of both doses is provided. And as you can imagine, we are freaking out - with just 4 days till the appointment. What if she takes it and it impacts her blood/urine report?

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Thank you for responding. Yes, the cic website says that clearly but the local medical clinic in India says the medical report will not be forwarded until proof of both doses is provided. And as you can imagine, we are freaking out - with just 4 days till the appointment. What if she takes it and it impacts her blood/urine report?
Just rely on medical professionals. If they foresee any problem, they will tell you or your parents.
Despite that you can always request extension of IME submission to IRCC if you wish to do so.

noormahal

Star Member
Aug 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2011
AOR Received.
15-09-2011
Med's Request
20-09-2011
Med's Done....
23-09-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
15-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29-03-2012
LANDED..........
29-03-2012

sharadsinha

Star Member
Feb 7, 2015
Hi Sharad, VFS opens some appointments online everyday at a fixed time like 12.00 pm and then 3 pm or something. And people book them quickly. So you have to wait for that time, say 12.00, and you will see some appointments being released.
Hi, are you sure about the timing? It it IST 12:00 noon and 3.00 pm ?

jenny.yan22

May 2, 2019
Hello, I have a question regarding landing. can the accompanying family member land by himself (herself) to Canada? can the principal applicant land by him or herself without having the accompanying family member together when landing? or the principal applicant and accompanying family member must land together?