+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Niki1000

Oct 20, 2021
My parents did their second medical in August 2021 and they were not asked for vaccination proof. I believe it's only required when they are traveling. However, they are vaccinated. Hope this help.
Thank you. I really appreciate that your replied.

Niki1000

Oct 20, 2021
Hi Everyone, with PGP and parents not being young people, what are doctors expecting in terms of medical health? Are they expecting some medical reports to be provided beforehand? What is acceptable levels of health for 65+parents so there are no issues? Would appreciate hearing anything about your experience. Thank you !

Newbie17

Mar 19, 2018
Hello everyone, my parents received their bio metric request couple day ago and they have appointment on November 01 to get it done.
Their file is in New Delhi office right now. Their second medical was passed on April 08, 2021. We contacted MP office and they told us that their security check is the only thing pending.
Does anyone know how long will it take to get things finalized after bio-metrics . Also my dad was in army. Will it make the process longer for security check, even though their file has been in process since May2019. Thank you

Newbie17

Mar 19, 2018
Hi Niki1000, can you please clarify which time zone is that IST/ Pacific/Mountain....?
Hi I cannot clarify timing but I was able to book for my parents on Oct 18 and for date for November 01 in India. I checked couple of office before booking and they had appointments available in New Year. It was around noon BC time when I booked it.
I hope it helps.

krazzee

Star Member
Aug 2, 2016
My mother's medical was passed on June 3 and since then there hasn't been any movement in her file. I've sent case specific enquiry twice asking them about the status but both the times received a standard automated reply that they've moved resources to Afghanistan related cases. Don't know what to do. Anybody else in the same boat?

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hi Guys, its been a while since I posted something on this forum. I am in a situation and wondering if anyone from Delhi, India has encountered similar situation or dealt with.
So the concern is, I applied for my parents visa under PGP2019 and finally they had their second medical done in August 2021 and received passport Stamping letter in September. As instructed in the letter, my dad made one package and when the Blue Dart (courier) person came he opened the package and made it into 2 packages. Since my mom was there to hand the package and she just followed what courier guy said. While creating another package (by courier guy) the courier person didn't keep my mum's picture in her package but instead kept it in my dad's. Now dad received PR stamp but mum's passport is returned mentioning she didn't provide the pictures and instructed to provide the pictures with her passport. Her pictures are also sent back with dad's stamped passport. Since last 2 weeks, I am trying to connect with VFS GLOBAL but they are just going in circles and not telling what are the next steps. Does anyone knows what are my next steps? Do I need to pay for another Rs. 1600 and have someone pick this up or can my dad simply go to VFS office and deal there? BTW, there was a link which was provided in the letter but that link is broken and not working. Thoughts?
Getting your mom's PR visa and COPR is your priority here.

Roya-FSW

Aug 7, 2013
Our background check shows in Progress. Not sure how much it's trustworthy considering it showed in Progress even before my Sponsorship was approved and the case was in Mississauga.
I know my background check was in progress for at least one year before transferring my file to Ankara.

Atif.Ayub

Star Member
Dec 4, 2009
Mississauga, ON, Canada
Visa Office......
Buffalo
App. Filed.......
18-09-2009
Doc's Request.
11-12-2009
AOR Received.
29-04-2010
Med's Request
04-11-2010
Med's Done....
17-12-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2011 (in person-Buffalo)
LANDED..........
24-05-2011

jenny.yan22

May 2, 2019
the principal applicant can land by themselves or together. Accompanying family members, if traveling alone, must land after principal applicant or with the principal applicant. They cannot land before the principal applicant
thanks for your information, where do i get the original official link of this?

canada4life_pgp2019

Star Member
Oct 14, 2020
Hi Guys, its been a while since I posted something on this forum. I am in a situation and wondering if anyone from Delhi, India has encountered similar situation or dealt with.
So the concern is, I applied for my parents visa under PGP2019 and finally they had their second medical done in August 2021 and received passport Stamping letter in September. As instructed in the letter, my dad made one package and when the Blue Dart (courier) person came he opened the package and made it into 2 packages. Since my mom was there to hand the package and she just followed what courier guy said. While creating another package (by courier guy) the courier person didn't keep my mum's picture in her package but instead kept it in my dad's. Now dad received PR stamp but mum's passport is returned mentioning she didn't provide the pictures and instructed to provide the pictures with her passport. Her pictures are also sent back with dad's stamped passport. Since last 2 weeks, I am trying to connect with VFS GLOBAL but they are just going in circles and not telling what are the next steps. Does anyone knows what are my next steps? Do I need to pay for another Rs. 1600 and have someone pick this up or can my dad simply go to VFS office and deal there? BTW, there was a link which was provided in the letter but that link is broken and not working. Thoughts?
seems like its blue dart mistake. might need to bite the bullet, spend the money and do a second two way courier for your moms passport