+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

hangza

Star Member
Aug 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
seems like its blue dart mistake. might need to bite the bullet, spend the money and do a second two way courier for your moms passport
Thanks for the reply, to be honest I am fine with paying but question is how... since you can't just pay and have it picked and dropped... instead VFS will have to send you a payment email and then follow the process.

hangza

Star Member
Aug 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Getting your mom's PR visa and COPR is your priority here.
I agree, that's what I have been trying since last 10 days and as usual going pillar to post with VFS. At the moment, I just need someone who have been in this situation to tell me what they did and I'll follow the same path I guess...

canada4life_pgp2019

Star Member
Oct 14, 2020
Thanks for the reply, to be honest I am fine with paying but question is how... since you can't just pay and have it picked and dropped... instead VFS will have to send you a payment email and then follow the process.
Oh no , yeah thats true :( Might need to keep calling/emailing VFS non-stop. Even try to go there perhaps. You mentioned there was a link in the letter. Maybe its outdated due to time taken in return courier

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
Hi Everyone, with PGP and parents not being young people, what are doctors expecting in terms of medical health? Are they expecting some medical reports to be provided beforehand? What is acceptable levels of health for 65+parents so there are no issues? Would appreciate hearing anything about your experience. Thank you !
what Canada is looking for is what the burden will be on Canada's health care system if the parents and grandparents come here. There is a cost threshold that they use. You can read about it here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/inadmissibility/reasons/medical-inadmissibility.html

Reactions: Niki1000 and laxsun

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
thanks. silly question: PPR is still being done if applicant is inside Canada for PGP applications? Or everything is virtual ?
If your VO is CPC-M, they will directly send you PR portal invitation that is equivalent to PPR. For other LVO, they will issue PPR with option of virtual landing if PA is in Canada. No need to worry until you are in that stage.

Reactions: canada4life_pgp2019

jadeja

Oct 6, 2011
Does anyone know how long it takes for eligibility review and background check. CPC-M is the visa office. Both eligibility amd background check appear to have started.

Reactions: Netesteph

mamiganda

Star Member
Oct 15, 2009
Need help from senior members here:

As per medical request letter it says you need to undergo medical examination within 30 days of the date of the letter and complete the medical exam within the 30 day timeframe.

my parents received medical letter dated sept 24
They went to their medical appointment last week, October 13
But my father needs to do sputum test for 3 days (oct 19 to 21) and scheduled for pulmonary evaluation today.
And the results for sputum culture will be availalble after 8 weeks (2months)

do i have to inform IRCC that the result of the medical examination will be available after 30 days from the date of the medical letter?

or the 30 days period is only for them to complete the medical examination?

does anybody here can tell me if the clinic will still send the result of other medical exam like blood, urine, xray etc to ircc while waiting for the result of the sputum culture?

dm31810

Star Member
Mar 27, 2019
Hello everyone,

looking for insights please:
today we received "Invitation to Pre-arrival services" letter and nothing else changed on account
however, when I checked on online tool, it says - "Decision Made"

Can anyone please share what it looks like?
Thank you!

Last edited:

gcodtao

Star Member
Apr 25, 2019

As per medical request letter it says you need to undergo medical examination within 30 days of the date of the letter and complete the medical exam within the 30 day timeframe.

But my father needs to do sputum test for 3 days (oct 19 to 21) and scheduled for pulmonary evaluation today.

do i have to inform IRCC that the result of the medical examination will be available after 30 days from the date of the medical letter?

does anybody here can tell me if the clinic will still send the result of other medical exam like blood, urine, xray etc to ircc while waiting for the result of the sputum culture?
we had the same situation. you should not just rely on medical office and should send a note to IRCCC through webform to advise.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hello everyone,

looking for insights please:
today we received "Invitation to Pre-arrival services" letter and nothing else changed on account
however, when I checked on online tool, it says - "Decision Made"

Can anyone please share what it looks like?
Thank you!
Your parents' application is in the final stage. Next is PPR.
You don't seem to be in the tracker.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016

For your peace of mind, send a webform to inform IRCC that your parents have gone through IME.

Reactions: mamiganda

#EEC

May 19, 2019

Tht 30 day deadline is to visit panel physician for initiation of procedure of medical ,not to complete medical.
I have passed through exactly same thing so don't worry ur only responsibility is to visit ur physician when ever asked n keep payment slip as proof of ur visit.thts it....

Reactions: mamiganda